• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music yeah like i just can't get into them

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    are there any artists that you just can't get into for some reason? like for me i have a hard time getting into older artists that have a huge discography. as much as i enjoyed david bowie's black star, i'm kind of at a Loss on where to start with him bc like. look at that catalog lol it's a little overwhelming and i'm like shit what if i end up not liking it so i'm just like yeah i'll just enjoy black star and keep my toes there lol....... also i have tried tried tried to enjoy that first arrested development album but i just can't......i'm gonna keep my mouth shut tho lol i tweeted something about it a while back and one of the band members found it!!! dude why are you looking up tweets about arrested development in 2020 i know u could say syd why are you listening to arrested development in 2020 but Mind Ya Business

AussieAsian458

To show fear is to embrace change
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Dec 16, 2023
    50 cent. Like I like his rap songs and his delivery/lyrics
    But I was always into the other G-Unit members, Like Buck, Yayo and Lloyd Banks.
    It's weird for me, because I always liked a lot of his songs (classics) like Candy Shop, Window Shopper, In Da Club, etc.
    So I don't really understand why he didn't click with me.

Years
    can i answer a whole genre?

kpop. i've both voluntarily and involuntarily listened to them several times. bunch of artists like BTS, Blackpink, Astro, some other ones i've forgotten, but i just... can't like the music at all? kinda reminds me of anime and just how many times i've given them a chance again and again, but it never seems to wanna vibe with my taste.

Years
    For me it is the Grateful Dead and I have tried numerous timesto like them. They were such a pioneer and everything I like says I should love them but their stuff is just so boring to me! Another one is Megadeth, the instrumental is amazing but Dave Mustaine's voice is awful.

Years
    I don't like Stairway to Heaven. It's long and boring to me.

i only listen to it for the intro riff and the solo lol.

another one i can think of is metallica. i do find it kind of odd that i'm a fan of AC/DC yet can't get into any of metallica's classic offerings. pulling teeth? enter sandman? eh.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    50 cent. Like I like his rap songs and his delivery/lyrics
    But I was always into the other G-Unit members, Like Buck, Yayo and Lloyd Banks.
    It's weird for me, because I always liked a lot of his songs (classics) like Candy Shop, Window Shopper, In Da Club, etc.
    So I don't really understand why he didn't click with me.

i feel the same abt 50 cent i don't even rly think he's a good rapper but like all his singles from back then still slap lol like if they come on speaker or something i'mma throw down but i don't actively seek his songs out either.

i'm gonna also agree w metallica it kind of goes with that whole. massive discography that i feel like i'd never catch up on. enter sandman is good, but then like i wouldn't really. want to listen to everything else bc it's just overwhelming there's so much lol. also they're one of those groups that i associate with. how do i put it lightly... uhhh??? assholes??? like is that Not just a group that someone says they like and it gives you a red flag LOL i know not everyone that likes them are like that but ljldfjads i have known some awful people that loved metallica man...

Years
    For me it is the Grateful Dead and I have tried numerous timesto like them. They were such a pioneer and everything I like says I should love them but their stuff is just so boring to me!

Sums them up perfectly IMO.

I don't like Stairway to Heaven. It's long and boring to me.

I might get shot for this but... Zeppelin are overrated full stop. Some of their stuff is great, but a lot of their songs just aren't quite there for me.

Good job we have enough different music for all our tastes :)

Years
    ok so for some reason i decided to go listen to some... err... noise music from artists like Merzbow and Hanatarash. the genre name is really appropriate. i've been trying for a bit to get into it but the lack of any clear cohesiveness in rhythm and beat just turns me off. also the fact that i can't listen to it at my regular volumes bcs of how loud it can get (the most accurate description i've seen is a Youtube comment saying "this is like looking directly at the sun with your ears" lmao). this stuff is quite the acquired taste.

Years
    ok so for some reason i decided to go listen to some... err... noise music from artists like Merzbow and Hanatarash. the genre name is really appropriate. i've been trying for a bit to get into it but the lack of any clear cohesiveness in rhythm and beat just turns me off. also the fact that i can't listen to it at my regular volumes bcs of how loud it can get (the most accurate description i've seen is a Youtube comment saying "this is like looking directly at the sun with your ears" lmao). this stuff is quite the acquired taste.

100% agreed - Noise Music is mostly just that and I cannot, as much as I have tried, appreciate this for what it is supposed to be.

That said, I've been trying to get more into Black and Death Metal too, mostly to see what the fuss is my friends are making about it. And well... they can keep making that fuss, because I am not interested. Ghastly album/track names along with a mostly abhorrent torrent of noise just doesn't cut it for me. I'll stick to twinkly Power Metal, much nicer.

Back