• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Year of Gaming - Week #2: Temple Run - There's an evil monkey chasing me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I will never get as far as O'aka.

IMG_1581_zps33648427.png

edit: updating my score before elheroeoscuro adds it to the standings.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Are you taking upgrades into account?

Anyone that has better upgrades will have a huge advantage here. Not everyone is on equal ground, especially since getting the upgrades can be hard, so it's unfair to anyone who only started on this or started a new game.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I would say that we should disable upgrades if the player has them. Because it is unfair.

Edit: I would also say no items. Since there is a running item that you can use at the start that automatically gets you to 2500 m. And then the ressurection wings basically give you a do-over for anything. So if you have a lot of coins you can just stock up and run forever.

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Are you taking upgrades into account?

Anyone that has better upgrades will have a huge advantage here. Not everyone is on equal ground, especially since getting the upgrades can be hard, so it's unfair to anyone who only started on this or started a new game.

I would say that we should disable upgrades if the player has them. Because it is unfair.

Edit: I would also say no items. Since there is a running item that you can use at the start that automatically gets you to 2500 m. And then the ressurection wings basically give you a do-over for anything. So if you have a lot of coins you can just stock up and run forever.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not the most versed in Temple Run; I just know it's a really popular game and it was requested, so I thought it would be a good idea to use it as a challenge. That being said, like I stated with Temple Run 2, power ups can give the person an unfair advantage which was why I said you couldn't use that version of the mobile game.

I'm leaving it up to y'all how you want to handle this. We can either do a hard reset when it comes to the standings and start over from scratch, or if you want to play by the honor system we can keep the current standings and people who used upgrades can resubmit a new score. Just let me know how you want it.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure everyone here has been playing fairly, so I think we can keep the rankings as they stand. Besides, O'aka pretty much cemented himself in first and I'm pretty sure he can do it again, haha. Also, I just tried using upgrades with the 2500m and the wings that resurrect you and I got 30 000m easy, and I'm not even that good at this game. So our scores look rather fine.

To be perfectly honest though, I don't think Temple Run was the right game to play for this week. What with it all being the anniversary of Sonic, we could've have played Sonic Dash instead. Same premise and everything, just more in tune with the festivities (and more fun xD).

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • To be perfectly honest though, I don't think Temple Run was the right game to play for this week. What with it all being the anniversary of Sonic, we could've have played Sonic Dash instead. Same premise and everything, just more in tune with the festivities (and more fun xD).

Sonic is definitely a game I was considering of doing down the road, but you are right that it would have been cooler to have done it this week. I didn't actually know it was the anniversary for it, good pickup! Nonetheless, some games will be hit or misses, and on paper Temple Run seemed like a good idea. I already have next week's challenge picked out, and let me just tell you...everyone will definitely be on the same playing field when it comes to it being challenging (;

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Sonic is definitely a game I was considering of doing down the road, but you are right that it would have been cooler to have done it this week. I didn't actually know it was the anniversary for it, good pickup! Nonetheless, some games will be hit or misses, and on paper Temple Run seemed like a good idea. I already have next week's challenge picked out, and let me just tell you...everyone will definitely be on the same playing field when it comes to it being challenging (;

Is it going to be Minesweeper? Because everyone is screwed in that game.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I'm leaving it up to y'all how you want to handle this. We can either do a hard reset when it comes to the standings and start over from scratch, or if you want to play by the honor system we can keep the current standings and people who used upgrades can resubmit a new score. Just let me know how you want it.
    Spinny said something I forgot to mention myself... =D
    This was the second reason why I said that mobile games aren't the best for challenges...
    As most mobile games come with micro-transaction and power-ups...
    New challenges should be made for games that are don't have anything like that :)

Btw is there even a possibility to disable the power-ups in this game?

Years
  • Spinny said something I forgot to mention myself... =D
    This was the second reason why I said that mobile games aren't the best for challenges...
    As most mobile games come with micro-transaction and power-ups...
    New challenges should be made for games that are don't have anything like that :)

Btw is there even a possibility to disable the power-ups in this game?

you can't disable them, but you can try to ignore them. also uninstalling and reinstalling the game erases all the power ups you bought, but i don't think anybody will do that

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Well you can't get rid of the items that you buy like the wings and boosts but the actual like powerups you can disable if you get enough coins. Or you can just not buy them in the first place if you're starting fresh.

Years
  • So are powerups allowed or not? I only have 1 point in everything so it's a bit obvious which side i'm on xD

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I hope everyone doesn't plan to get scores higher than me and then just post them at the last minute. Cuz that'd just be mean.

Years
  • I hope everyone doesn't plan to get scores higher than me and then just post them at the last minute. Cuz that'd just be mean.

I don't want to break my arm

Pretty sure nobody here is planning on playing Temple Run 24/7 to beat your high score

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back