• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You better run

Fight or flight?

• Fight

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Flight

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    It depends on the situation. If I know I'm gonna go down, I tend to take the nearest exit. If I'm caught by surprise, I'll stand my ground. If someone I love or care about is in danger, I'll try to get them out of danger, even if it puts me at risk. If I think I can handle my own, I'll go toes. So, that's 3/4 for fight, and one for flight.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm more likely to run from a fight than to take part in it. I don't like being part of fights, to be honest.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Run. As. Fast. As. Possible.

I seriously can't imagine getting involved in a fight, but if the chance did arise I'd either be curled up on the floor in the foetal position begging for my life or running away as fast as I can. Depends on the circumstances, is all!

Posting Binge: 19/40

Years
  • Run! I just can't fight back, not physically or mentally. I'm too weak to stand up for myself. :/ Pathetic? Maybe a bit.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I will not start a fight, but I will finish one.

So, I will fight not run.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Depends on the situation. If I don't think I can win, run. Otherwise, fight.

Really, I'd probably only ever run if they actually had a weapon.

Years
  • Are you currently listening to The Wall? Or is it just my imagination? XD

It all depends on what the danger is, and what's at stake. If my honor or my dignity is on the line, I'd probably fight back. But if it's a rabid dog or some aliens chasing me, I'd probably Run Like Hell. XD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Fights? Been in plenty of them before but they have never turned to destructive violence. Sure I may have a bad ass mouth in the situation, but I will not sit there and be pushed around. One thing most wouldn't know is never to mess with me in a bad situation.

The Last One

Stalking Your Conversations
    Years
  • I am most likely to fight, you can call me stupid for this, but I have had a gun pulled on me and trust me, the gun WAS loaded, and I didnt back off, and I won :) My body is weird, anytime I get hit, it numbs taht part of the body, I've been punched by guys 2-3 times my size in the face, I didnt feel a thing, i've had my nose and lip busted, laughed for 30 minutes because this guy said he beat my *** cause he did so, but I did not feel a thing, so because of this, I am a fighter, since pain does not really affect me, I see no need to run, I've been shot at, stabbed, jumped, hit with 2x4's, and I still kept going, luckily I am not stupid enough to start the fights so I can always use the self defence excuse, :) cause I know when to stop, when they are on the ground and you hit them, that excuse is out of the question, but still, not to rant, I will never run, I will fight

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • It depends on what's going on. If there's a fight at school, I'm going to walk away, as I don't want to get caught in trouble and risk getting a suspension or anything like that.

If it's outta school, I'll fight back. I can fight, so of course I'll do it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Run, for sure. I'm a total lightweight and cannot even imagine myself in any sort of fight. Even if it's not physical, I tend to shy away from conflict and will do my best to end an argument so it doesn't escalate to a shouting match or something. I can't really envision any situation where I'd be likely to stick around if there's a big fight.

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2012
    Three threads with an almost similar question..anyway; it depends really, what sort of situation I'm in, if it's a fact that I'm going to get killed and/or bruised badly, I do the intelligent thing. Though, with people I'd stay firm and fight back. Even though I don't remember anyone who's wanted to pick a fight with me since forever..

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Depends, if I know I can overcome it, I'll go for it, but, if I know I can't, I'll flee. If I'm not sure, I'll test it a bit and see how it fares, and then once I become more confident, I'll take it on.

Back