• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You encountered a cyberbully on the internet. What do you do?

You encounter a cyberbully. What do?

• Accuse them of fail trolling.

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Take a screenshot, inform your parents, ect.

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Ignore them.

Votes: 19 52.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Eh I just call em out on their pathetic trolling attempt and tell em to try better next time before closing the chat and either ignoring or reporting them, either way they're not my problem anymore.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I've never had problems with Cyber-bullies. But if I were to encounter them, I'd just ignore them. I'm not the type of person to accuse someone as a troll and I would never tell my parents so I would block/ignore them.

Nagaraja

আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
    Years
  • Probably come back with an intellectual sarcastic smart-bottom remark, :D Or quote family guy.
    Then not do anything, because I am better than that. If I retaliated, I'd be just as bad as they are. I'm 20 years old. I have better things to do than fight with cyberbullies.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Why is "formulate a rational response" not an option? Really? Really?

If they have a rational point, you're a fool for not being able to make a rational counterpoint and discuss it like an adult. If they're being an idiot and deliberately being stupid, you can shut them down with a reasonable argument and just move on. If they keep harassing you, report it and block them. This isn't rocket science.

In my experience, people tend to cry "troll" most often when they can't come up with a response to a legitimate argument.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • In direct response to the thread title? Kill it with fire.

Serious response, there isn't much to do unless you know the person in real life; otherwise it's sort of a mess trying to do anything about it. If you know the person in real life, say they go to your school or something, then you just need to tell your parents or authorities, like your school leaders. If you don't know them you can try telling the staff of the website or program that they used to communicate with you, or you can try telling the authorities, but their hands may very well be tied too, at least for a long time; internet investigations can take a while and have a lot of loops to go through.

Gamzee

light my fire
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    I've been an on again-off again troll for the past five years.

So I'd laugh and probably troll this bully.

Especially if dey typ liek dis cuz dey think der a ****n badas mofo n can beat da sh1tru me

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Depends on the situation and/ or if you know the bully in real life I'd take different action. If I knew them personally I would document the troll attempt and depending on how serious it is (a physical threat for example) I would bring it up to someone else or use it as evidence. So yeah, screencap and if they're bugging someone else, stand up to the kid, or if they're bugging me, just close the window and do something else.

Years
  • Heh this si funny I would probably bomb him with something like
    "Go **** yourself and die" about 1000000000 times[copy paste]xD
    Or hack whatever hes using...im good wth hacking facebook or msn xD[found a nice prog for that].

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
  • This is my reaction when I see a cyberbully:
    You encountered a cyberbully on the internet. What do you do?

Years
  • I was bullied as a kid i got punched in the face and got my pokemon yellow stolen I was 10, I got beat up, picked on for my heritage. But from middle school to the end of high school i fought too keep from being a target.

as far as cyber bullies, just fat nerds who will do nothing in person. =D

-Connor97-

Yeah that's that super bass
    Years
  • Well id just ignore them D:<, probably not report them, unless they start offending other ppl. 8DDD

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Are we all missing the part where offline bullying gets taken online? That's still cyberbullying, at's not so simple in cases like that; block a cyberbully that's also bullying you offline and you're gonna get destroyed. I think what to do in that case is what we should be discussing. because i have absolutely no idea lol

Bika

lmfao
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2012
    I'm extremely sensitive so I'll get sad no matter what. I usually just block them so I don't get my feelings hurt anymore ;^; I'm no good at witty retorts...

Alec Empire

Are you ready to testify?
    Years
  • I have come upon this issue before.
    I ignored him entirely, came to school the next day, and punched him in the mouth.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I have come upon this issue before.
    I ignored him entirely, came to school the next day, and punched him in the mouth.

o_O I don't know whether that's the best way you could've handled it, maybe telling a teacher might've been better...? Like by physical violence aren't you going to his level & worse, imo at least. ;x

Either way yeah I know how bullying feels, online, offline, etc. Well, for high school most years I got bullied and luckily I didn't know them online, however there were people who were mean to me for no reason at the same time online, so meh. And online in general, pretty much 2006 through to 2010. Now I'm pretty much fine in both so I'm good. Ignoring definitely is hard, and I have a feeling growing up with that kinda might've affected me now so I'm more likely to think people are out to get me, etc.

But yeah ignoring > retaliating imo and having people to talk to is definitely a good thing.

Back