• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"You know what really grinds my gears?"

Ys

Wandering Spirit
Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Smokers, too. I have the right to not have to smell it so why do you have to smoke in public places?!

Also, memes. Some more than others but some really annoy me... Like the 'cancelled' one or the 'ok boomer' one xD I'm glad I don't live in an English speaking country.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Misandristic terminology like mansplaining and manspreading.

It grinds my gears that being born with pale skin and a certain body part exclusive to males, on top with condemning extremism of the current narrative in charge are enough for SJWs to freak out and treat you like you're the next Hitler or Jared Fogle, even though not all men are like those two and have the right to condemn twisted individuals like them!

Children are being mistreated in schools, have extremely little to eat, are punished in groups over one person's mistakes, and are exploited by elites underground, as demonstrated with Epstein, but nope, many PC extremists would instead feel the need to attack men for the way they sit and feel!

Maedar

Banned
    Years
  • It really bugs me when movies perpetuate bad gun stereotypes.

Like how they never have a recoil? Or how they make much less noise than real guns do?

How one type of ammunition fits every model of gun?

How the hero can use a gun to shoot out locks, shoot a gun out an enemy's hand, pump a shotgun with one hand, or use two high-caliber handguns at once? (Not as easy as movies seem to imply.)

How a head shot is always insta-kill? (Ask any doctor or paramedic, he'll tell you that a victim has a better chance to survive a head wound than a torso wound.)

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2022
    What do you mean by this? Like firing sideways and never reloading?

That and other things like people getting shot and flying across the room from the impact. Porcelain handguns, hollow points for handguns being armor piercing, firing anything full auto and having the weapon fire for any length of time. Dry firing a semiauto repeatedly after the slide locks back.
    Then you add in the antigun stupidity that leads to idiotic comments made by characters. Watched a movie in which a dad takes his son hunting and they run into crooked cops killing people. Dad has to rescue his son and gets into a gun fight with said crooked cops and manages to kill them. Movie ends with dad saying, " you don't need a gun to be a man." Dude. You just saved your son by shooting the bad guys.

Then there's gun stupidity from supposed experts. Yeah, stop pointing guns at your partner for emphasis. Amazing the brothers in Supernatural never shot each other in the back. Always sweeping each other.

Like how they never have a recoil? Or how they make much less noise than real guns do?
    Yep movie silencers and no one ever goes deaf from all the gunfire around them.

How one type of ammunition fits every model of gun?
    Plot laziness more than a gun stereotype.

How the hero can use a gun to shoot out locks, shoot a gun out an enemy's hand, pump a shotgun with one hand, or use two high-caliber handguns at once? (Not as easy as movies seem to imply.)
    That's more action movie cliches.

How a head shot is always insta-kill? (Ask any doctor or paramedic, he'll tell you that a victim has a better chance to survive a head wound than a torso wound.)
    That sounds like one of those "If it doesn't kill you immediately deals" and is probably situational at best.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    That and other things like people getting shot and flying across the room from the impact. Porcelain handguns, hollow points for handguns being armor piercing, firing anything full auto and having the weapon fire for any length of time. Dry firing a semiauto repeatedly after the slide locks back.
    Then you add in the antigun stupidity that leads to idiotic comments made by characters. Watched a movie in which a dad takes his son hunting and they run into crooked cops killing people. Dad has to rescue his son and gets into a gun fight with said crooked cops and manages to kill them. Movie ends with dad saying, " you don't need a gun to be a man." Dude. You just saved your son by shooting the bad guys.

Then there's gun stupidity from supposed experts. Yeah, stop pointing guns at your partner for emphasis. Amazing the brothers in Supernatural never shot each other in the back. Always sweeping each other.

Yep movie silencers and no one ever goes deaf from all the gunfire around them.

Plot laziness more than a gun stereotype.

That's more action movie cliches.

That sounds like one of those "If it doesn't kill you immediately deals" and is probably situational at best.

Did you ever used to watch the A-Team growing up? Inexplicably they never shoot the bad guys but somehow send cars topping over (where again, no one gets hurt) by shooting the hood with a damn Mini 14 hahaha

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2022
    LDS, it's fiction. Directors have to make it interesting, or people won't pay to see it.

Movies can be interesting without continuing gun stereotypes or simply making shit up as they go. It won't hurt the movie to actually have the actors trained to properly handle guns either.

Maedar

Banned
    Years
  • Movies can be interesting without continuing gun stereotypes or simply making muk up as they go. It won't hurt the movie to actually have the actors trained to properly handle guns either.

Like in Tremors?

At first, Burt seems to be the typical gun nut, until about two-thirds through. Then in one late scene, he gives an - unloaded - revolver to the bratty teenager Melvin to convince him to move to a safe-point. Despite knowing that he'd deliberately handed Melvin an unloaded gun, when Burt takes it back from Melvin he still flips it open and re-confirms the chambers are all empty... which is exactly what you're supposed to do any time you pick up a weapon.

Unfortunately, seeing as it's a movie about giant man-eating worms, that one dose of realism is often overlooked.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Maybe I'm weird but people eating and drinking doesn't bother me??? Unless it's abnormal level of chewing or being gross or something. I DO hate it when people lick their fingers clean instead of using napkins, especially in public or some friends who are at my own house. Christ, use a napkin before you touch my stuff afterwards. Wash your hands.

Going with that, bad hygiene in general, people smelling really strongly of BO, I will move as fast as I can.

Also I work customer service, and I love it, but it has made me realize how many pet peeves I have in regards to just treating other human beings like people and not animals.

I hate being whistled at to get my attention, especially.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • When, in all available space at a mall, two people choose to stop and talk right in front of the escalator.

Maedar

Banned
    Years
  • While smokers in general tic me off, the smokers I really don't like are the ones who try to talk without removing the cigarette. They think they look "cool" but they really look silly.

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    People who talk while watching a movie. It's not the end of the world, but I have difficulty concentrating on the movie if I hear chattering at the same time.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    honestly just weirdos across the board! all of them under the sun, just laying waste to god's green earth! no differentiation needed!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I don't like it when people make empty promises or committments they have no intention of fulfilling. I also dislike apologies which are done poorly in that they try to make the other person feel guilty about making them say sorry (by saying things such as I'n such a terrible person etc.) I don't really know why but I get irrationally annoyed when people raise their voice or talk super loudly.

Maedar

Banned
    Years
  • Credit cards with chips. You know what I mean. You spend 30 years swiping a credit card, and all of a sudden they change the whole system, and you never get used to it. I defy ANY merchant to tell me that chip cards make the checkout process easier, quicker, and/or safer than when you swiped the cards. I swear, some days I wish I could call whoever thought of this so I could tell him what a JERK he is.

Back