• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your biggest fears

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
Years
  • Stinging flying insects are my top (hornets/wasps/bees/etc). Never been stung before, but I always run like hell when I see one. I had a bad experience being chased by 2 very angry hornets in my backyard and it's never been the same since. Spiders have to be up there as well. The bigger and badder they are, the more afraid I am of them.

I also do not like patterns where the lines are drawn very close together in a perfect distance from one another. The only way I can describe this is, think of a petri dish where they swab it to grow bacteria on. Those patterns freak me out. I get chills just thinking about it.

Being alone. Even though I love my space, I tend to get really sad and aggressive if I have no one to socialize with after awhile. I like a good balance between people giving me space but also being there for me.

I'm going to piggy back off of what Honest & gimmepie said about losing people I really care about. It rarely happens, but I do get attached to people I really like and I just hate to think that I made them upset or sad about anything. That's why I kinda freak out when someone takes a very long time to reply back; I think I maybe hurt their feelings or made them mad or something so then I go thinking I'm the shittiest person ever. Then it always turns out I haven't upset them, but I wish I could break the cycle.

This as well (bc I'm too lazy to keep typing):

I'm afraid that some people close to me may just be putting on a facade and don't actually care about me or love me etc. I don't have any reason to be nervous about it (so I'm not), but it still kinda wigs me out to think about, which is probably why I don't do so often (but I imagine it's not a nice thought for anybody).

Has been one of my biggest fears that actually cripples any chances I have with guys. I can get close, but when we get too close, I push them away thinking this must be some joke or something because why would they like me, out of all people, this much. I've also put too much trust and care into people I thought were my "friends" in the past when they were nothing but a bunch of fakes and would walk all over me. It takes me longer to trust people now, but I just filter the types I know are nothing but trouble out and try to work on talking to the ones that might be actually worth something. Still trips me up from time to time, because I always feel like I'm the one that always cares more in relationships.

Years
  • After getting through a major episode of depression little over a year ago, I've come to realize that being seen as a disappointment to those important in my life has become terrifying. At that time, I was fighting with myself, academically. I was battling internally on whether I should continue pursuing the undergraduate degree which I had already invested 2 years or drop out from university and continue in college for an IT career. My mind began to wander, thinking about what my parents how would see me if I had made such a drastic change. They've always wanted the best for me and dropping out felt like it'd be an instant stamp of failure and disapproval from them.

Even to this day, after they happily accepted what I chose to do, I still fear being seen as a failure or disappointment to those around and in my life.

Years
  • My biggest fear, which I've been thinking about a lot lately, is someone stealing my identity. The thought of it really freaks me out. They could pretty much ruin my whole life. I'm pretty cautious about things though, so hopefully this never happens.

Another fear of mine is not finding a soulmate. I mean, I know plenty of people remain single and enjoy it, but I really hope to find someone and spend my life with them. I really don't like being alone :/

Years
  • Fear of heights and every yellow and black colored bug (eg. bees, hornets, wasps). I lose my balance and sanity when I'm really high, especially when I have unstable ground to stand on. For the latter, well I've been stung too many times as a little kid. Go figure.

Oh and also, I fear of making a mistake on every important decision in my life and not only decision, but most of things I do. I think a lot before doing something honestly.

Years
  • Certain types of puppets have always freaked me out tbh. I can't really describe what kind but I know it when I see it.

Also stuff like things going wrong in life and what not, but that's depressing to go into.

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
  • Heights (D: ), abandonment and wasps. In that order too probably
    I have a friend that's scared of metal spoons as well
    So that's pretty friggin weird

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    Yaknow I never really did have a problem with snakes, but man, a few years ago I was walking my dog and stepped on a rattle snake the was snoozing on the asphalt, and that kinda messed me up a little man. It curled up right away and started coming at me and well FUCK. Now I can't go hiking or anything without being paranoid.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Definitely vomiting. I haven't done it since I was seven or so years old, and just...nope. D:

To an extent, dogs and water (the result of being attacked by dogs on multiple occasions + someone I know almost drowning me some years ago). I can deal with those, though. My friend's dog is apparently very unfriendly, but she loves me. :B

Aaaand to copy multiple people and be cliche: losing my friends. I lack reason to live without them, and where would I be then?

Yukari

The only thing that scares me are Spiders. I have a horrible and irrational fear of spiders.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Gosh, I'm afraid of a ton of things. I'm afraid of death, heights, darkness, needles, spiders and almost every other insect (including butterflies), being alone, public humiliation, fire, failure, disappointing my parents, any type of pain, snakes, (some) dogs, the sea... I could go on forever.

Years
  • I know it seems stupid, but, when I was walking in the rain, with an umbrella, of course. I've getting this feeling that I'll gonna be hit by lighting.

Back