• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Competitive Pokes

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    How many of you have bred sun/moon competitive pokes, and how many have you made thus far? What teams have you concocted?

I went a little overboard and racked up about 30 competative pokes in S/M; only 8 of which are new alolan pokes, unless you count special snorlax.

So far my favorite combos are Comfey/Snorlax, Torkoal/Oranguru, and Garchomp/Aerodactyl.

i want to roll a competative version of my water team next. Its rain + water absorb/dry skin basically. This gen has seriously gimped the hp recovered from water absorb and dryskin though. They also removed black sludge which was awsome on croagunk, paired with a leftovers heliosk.

quagsire
    heliosk
    croagunk
    lapras
    pelliper
    jynx

Last edited by a moderator:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I breed competitve Pokemon but I don't do specific teams. I have 2 boxes full of Pokemon (not all 100% competitive but close) and I do many teams but just switching them.

I don't have much time lately, but I did a shiny Mienfoo (will use a bottle cap for attack one day), Salazzle, and currently working on HA Mareanie. Net project is Popplio with amnesia and aqua ring as egg moves

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Depends what I need them for.

I've got around 18, some work as intended, others not so much.

I've got a Naive Tapu Koko with Brave Bird hyper trained, with an 31/0/30/31/31/31 HP Ice Alolan Raichu though. Was pretty proud of those captures.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2019
    woah you guys have a lot of competitive pokemon ^^ I usually spend my time breeding, and not so much battling with them. I think I have around 13? I recently got my 5 star rare kitchens so my hyper-trained Tapu Koko and Tapu Lele are finally battle-ready!
    I use Tapu Koko on a Kingdra/Pelipper team. The other core I use is Tapu Lele/Metagross or I try to stick to the steel-fairy-dragon team composition.
    My most recent projects are a toxic heal Gliscor and a mold breaker Excadrill.

Do you use guys use your competitive pokes on the Battle Spot, or do you prefer the Battle Tree/ Battle Royale in-game? I've mostly focused on the battle tree, and only ventured out on the battle spot a few times with rental teams, not even my own.

Years
  • I've barely obtained enough to make a team.

I have serperior, primarina, charizard, metagross, gardevoir, and gengar.

I made a deal with someone so I should be getting 8 competitive eggs to train.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    I breed competitve Pokemon but I don't do specific teams. I have 2 boxes full of Pokemon (not all 100% competitive but close) and I do many teams but just switching them.

I don't have much time lately, but I did a shiny Mienfoo (will use a bottle cap for attack one day), Salazzle, and currently working on HA Mareanie. Net project is Popplio with amnesia and aqua ring as egg moves

the amount of time alone to get a competative shiny salazzle is mind boggling.

Depends what I need them for.

I've got around 18, some work as intended, others not so much.

I've got a Naive Tapu Koko with Brave Bird hyper trained, with an 31/0/30/31/31/31 HP Ice Alolan Raichu though. Was pretty proud of those captures.

My koko's special attack iv was at "no good", but it was attack based competative upon capture so i ended up going a brave bird/uturn/wildcharge/skydrop kind of route as well. I should probably cap that special and give some different plays a try.

You're pretty damn lucky to get a +speed nature on that mama jama.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • the amount of time alone to get a competative shiny salazzle is mind boggling.

My koko's special attack iv was at "no good", but it was attack based competative upon capture so i ended up going a brave bird/uturn/wildcharge/skydrop kind of route as well. I should probably cap that special and give some different plays a try.

You're pretty damn lucky to get a +speed nature on that mama jama.

Synchronize ;) It's HP Ice as well for Chompy :D I've already got a Timid one, so this Naive one was mainly so I can have a Tapu Koko that isn't walled by Grass types (Z-Mirror Move is also fun, lol).

My proudest capture is my Modest Love Ball HP Fire Tapu Lele...that took ages. Tapu Koko was at least easier since the Fast Ball I gave it gave it a small modifier.

Yet to venture to Fini...Bulu was easy with Adamant and no HP requirements.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    Sorry it's only the Mienfoo who's shiny, Salazzle isn't shiny. I wish tho ;)

even so that still takes like 5x longer at least to breed then a regular poke. Its like breeding a shiny but not shiny.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I've got two perfect IV Pokemon in a Mienshao and Sceptile which are my only six IV hatches.

I have a Bottle capped Shiny Kalos caught Blastoise and a Shiny Naive Lucario I plan to bottle cap.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2019
    I'm trying to get a move on with competitive mons, but this is what I have so far:
    Alolan Raichu
    Flygon
    Talonflame
    Samurott
    Buzzwole
    Tapu Fini
    Not too much, but I have a good IV Adamant Lillipup and Modest Horsea up next.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    So far I've done (all 5/6IV:

Mimikyu
    Salazzle
    Golisopod
    Araquanid
    Vikavolt
    Lycanroc (Midday)
    Alolan Raichu

Currently working on Mareanie (HA).

I've also soft reset for a Timid Tapu Koko and am farming for bottle caps (trying shards or gold bottle) and trying lotteries on Festival plaza for bottle caps to improve Tapu Koko and some of my older shinies I've bred in gen 6. What I wouldn't give for blissey bases this gen!

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017

Mimikyu
    Salazzle
    Golisopod
    Araquanid
    Vikavolt
    Lycanroc (Midday)
    Alolan Raichu

I've also soft reset for a Timid Tapu Koko and am farming for bottle caps (trying shards or gold bottle) and trying lotteries on Festival plaza for bottle caps to improve Tapu Koko and some of my older shinies I've bred in gen 6. What I wouldn't give for blissey bases this gen!

two bug waters eh? You're brave. Lots of rocks and lightning everywhere. Golisopod is underplayed imo. I bet its because of tapu lele showing up everywhere and wrecking priority moves.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    two bug waters eh? You're brave. Lots of rocks and lightning everywhere. Golisopod is underplayed imo. I bet its because of tapu lele showing up everywhere and wrecking priority moves.

Its not for a specific team just trying pokemon I like the look of. Araquanids ability seemed unique so wanted to try him out but I prefer Golisopod.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2018

Mimikyu
    Salazzle
    Golisopod
    Araquanid
    Vikavolt
    Lycanroc (Midday)
    Alolan Raichu

That''s pretty Odd. I've done all of the above as well except my Lycanroc is Night, and I haven't gotten around to Salazzle, but it's on the short list.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    When Bank was made available I brought up a bunch of the Pokemon that are sort of designated for competitive battling to Sun/Moon, so that comprises the bulk of my force. There were a few I had to leave on ORAS though, like Gardevoir, whose Mega Stone isn't available in Gen 7 right now because Game Freak is Game Freak, or Keldeo, who struggles to be relevant in today's metagame.

Other than that, there's a few pokes I readied on Sun/Moon for battle, which are a Toxapex, Pheromosa, Tapu Lele (sadly its Hidden Power type is ass), and Golisopod. Was also fortunate and came into possession of a battle-ready Bewear and Palossand, though I haven't tried them out yet.

I also have an EV-trained Nihilego, but I haven't completely decided on a moveset for it yet. And there's that half-assed Xurkitree lol. Am also dicking around with Silvally, trying to find stuff that works for it since it's basically lesser Arceus.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    So far, I only have a hyper trained Porygon-Z, and I'm planning on hyper training my Flygon, as well. I'm actually stuck on a decent competitive team since I'm super indecisive on what would work well on the Battle Tree. ._.

ya battle tree is super tricky. I dont even remember what i got to 70 wins with. Mega metagross was one, and maybe a Scafchomp backed up by a life orb physical charizard. Man i just...lost on battle number 1 today.

Its not for a specific team just trying pokemon I like the look of. Araquanids ability seemed unique so wanted to try him out but I prefer Golisopod.

araquanid is pretty popular because of wide guard in doubles. I never see golisopod in doubles. I see the occassional pod in singles.

When Bank was made available I brought up a bunch of the Pokemon that are sort of designated for competitive battling to Sun/Moon, so that comprises the bulk of my force. There were a few I had to leave on ORAS though, like Gardevoir, whose Mega Stone isn't available in Gen 7 right now because Game Freak is Game Freak, or Keldeo, who struggles to be relevant in today's metagame.

Other than that, there's a few pokes I readied on Sun/Moon for battle, which are a Toxapex, Pheromosa, Tapu Lele (sadly its Hidden Power type is ass), and Golisopod. Was also fortunate and came into possession of a battle-ready Bewear and Palossand, though I haven't tried them out yet.

I also have an EV-trained Nihilego, but I haven't completely decided on a moveset for it yet. And there's that half-assed Xurkitree lol. Am also dicking around with Silvally, trying to find stuff that works for it since it's basically lesser Arceus.

Almost any xurkitree is tough to deal with. I've seen some neat combos from that thing in doubles. Most are just dischard ideas though. Oranguru and xerkitree on a trick room team? Its wierd, but it works insanely well.

Back