• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Console Conditions

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    So, guys, what condition are all of consoles in currently? Do you like to keep them clean, or are they all dusty? Do all of them function properly?

Right now, I've got Nintendo 64, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, Wii U, and Nintendo 3DS. The first three are down in my basement. They have some dirt on them, since I haven't cleaned them in a while. I rarely visit the basement, as it's infested with spider—a type of bug that I'm deeply of. If I did though, then I definitely would've had them cleaned. My GameCube and PlayStation 2 seem to work okay (I've tested them last year), but N64 does not. Water got inside of it somehow, and now, it just refuses to start. D: I would've thrown out this console a while ago, but decided not to since I've had great memories with it.

Xbox, Wii U, and the 3DS are upstairs. The first one is in our living room, because my dad likes to play games on it from time to time along with a few of his friends. The rest are in my bedroom. They're all in new condition—not a single scratch can be found on them. I clean them every weekend, and sometimes even on the weekdays. Xbox runs a bit slow (we've been playing games on it for nearly five years, so its hardware got a little rusty), but the other two work perfectly fine.

How 'bout you guys? What are the condition of your gaming consoles? :o

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • My XBOX is dusty but it runs well. No red rings, no sudden shut downs. A couple of freezes for specific games but I've come to realize that's the condition of the discs. *Hardy Laugh* But that's for another thread. *Wink wink*

TY

i had 2 PS3's, untill one died of age (5-6 years old), i also have a PS2 which is in perfect condition. And as last my PS1... well its magically gone >_>

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Right now I have PS1, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, a 3Ds, a Wii, and a Wii U. All are... pretty clean looking (I hope), aside from, well, the PS1, which has been stuck in my closet for a while, ahaha... But it still works, so, occasionally, I bring it out, dust it off, and play it! My Xbox, my PS2, and my Wii are in my closet too. not because I don't play them, it's just, I don't have much games for them, aside from Guilty Gear for the Xbox, and a couple of stray PS2/Wii games. Unfortunately, my PS2 recently.. malfunctioned, so, it can't really play properly anymore. ;o;

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
  • The consoles I have now are an SNES, Genesis, Gamecube, PS1, Wii, Xbox 360, old DS, 3DS, and a Game Boy Micro. Functionally, all of them work brilliantly, except for the GB Micro which has a broken volume switch, and the Wii which has an unbalanced disc drive. The rest of my consoles are pretty much perfect save for quite a lot of dirt and dust, as is the 3DS. The old DS and the Micro, on the other hand, have a good share of scratches and paint chips.

Years
  • I have an N64, Wii, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3 & an Xbox.
    My PS1, PS2 & PS3 are all broke (and yet I'm still a big Sony fan). The rest work completely fine. I'm especially impressed with my Xbox as I bought it not long after launch and I've never had the 3 rings or any other problems with it.
    As for handhelds I have the original Game Boy, Game Boy Color, DS, 3DS XL, PSP & PS Vita. All in working order!

Nakala Pri

My DSi is pretty good, my buttons have been smashed in a bit by an angry me when I was playing Pokemon, but hey, it's the price to pay. xD

The Wii is in really good shape, it just hums a lot. :P

The Xbox 360 is perfect, just a tiny bit slow.

The two 3D's (not owned by me) haven't even got a finger mark on 'em, so yeah, nothin' broken.

That's basically it except for an old Nintendo 64 and stuff. :P

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Save for a dent from when I dropped it (and some barely noticeable scratches on the top half), my 3DS is in perfect working order, albeit neglected and somewhat dusty due to my Vita. Speaking of which, my Vita is about the same, except it hasn't been damaged, and the dust is only noticeable around the buttons.

Actually, all of my consoles are in perfect working order, it's just that my 3DS (no matter how rare I play it now) and Vita are the only two I actually use now.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I try to take really good care of my consoles. I guess my 3DS screen isn't as clean as I'd like but it doesn't bother me much. Everything else is almost immaculate. Handhelds are the easiest to ruin the condition of so I'm really mindful of that and if I ever bring one outside the house, I use a case or a sleeve with them. I'd be mortified if something in my purse or pockets ended up scratching a screen or the finish. D: (Plus, it's a great excuse to get cute pink cases for all my consoles.)

The only consoles that have any obvious wear and tear are my DS Lite (overuse--a lot of the buttons don't work as well as they used to and the touch screen is dying), DSi (dropped it in a parking lot once ;_;), and I think the flaps on top of my Wii have fallen off because it gets knocked over all the time from its place on the floor and I'm too lazy to put them back on.

Years
  • All my consoles are generally working but with cosmetic wear. (Minus the PS2, ironically since it was my first but it looks perfect.) My Wii and Wii U have scratches. You can't notice them as much and they aren't as severe on the Wii U, but still. Glossy systems. :/

My handhelds, though. >< My GBA SP has a recharging issue, so it's dead. One of my DS Lites got snapped in half (courtesy of my cousin) and the other randomly cuts off. My 3DS has too much wear and tear from use, and the screen sometimes gets contrast issues. My Wii U Gamepad is perfect save for one damn short scratch on the screen (again, courtesy of my cousin.)

Yeah, I have trouble maintaining stuff.

Years
  • I try to keep my consoles clean. My Xbox 360, Wii, and PS2 are all in great condition, despite maybe a little dust. The Super Nintendo has some slight yellowing, but that's natural from what I've come to understand. My old 3DS had the notorious scratches from where the bottom screen had rubbed against the top. I've since traded it for the XL, which has stayed in great condition.

I'd say I keep pretty good care of my consoles in general. But when most of them sit and ferment in front of the TV, I must say that they kind of take care of themselves :P

Years
  • I have a NES, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, 3DS XL, and PS Vita.

One that works least well is my aqua blue 3DS, I can't even turn it on until I mash the power button 3256987 times.

Years
  • Super Nintendo- It's dirty (There's some weird stuff on the bottom, no clue what it is. Nothing that affects it though, so my family just kinda ignores it. We're all fine after having used it), takes a while to start a game sometimes. It plays perfectly, though!

Gameboy Color- Practically in perfect condition, except the battery case is a little cracked, and some stickers on the back peeled off a bit.

PS2- I have two. One is a fat, which broke after my brother tugged it down trying to take the controller from me (He was really young at the time). The other one works fine.

Gameboy Advance SP- Perfect condition, aside from a couple light scratches and a peeling sticker on the back

Nintendo DS Lite- By far the worst condition any of my systems are in. The hinge is broken and doesn't stop at the usual point, so it's always bent back a bit. There are a ton of scratches on the touch screen, and the A button is awkward to use. The top screen glitches out depending on the position I have it in, too. It still runs games perfectly, though. It was my favorite system for years, so I can't let it go...

Nintendo Wii- It takes a while to read discs since we had to get a new disc drive, but it works perfectly aside from that

Playstation Portable- It's a little dirty, but aside from that, it's perfect.

Nintendo Gamecube- We bought it used during Summer, but it works fine, and is in good condition.

Nintendo 3DS- My newest system. There are some light scratches on the touch screen, and it's a little dirty. Aside from that, it's perfect!

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    PS1- Still working nothing to say about it.

GBC- The battery springs are rusty, but it still works, the exterior condtion is bad though, I used to like putting stickers all over it.

GBASP- Dead, the whole screen cracked and I have to thank my cousin for that

NDS: The top screen is still perfect, but the touch screen has lots of dead pixels. Other than that, a few visible scratches thats all.

PSP: Working, except screen dies off all the time and I have to sleep and unsleep untill the screen decides to work, and this is freaking annoying.

NDS lite: My newest console I bought about 3 years ago, only has 1 visible scratches and nothing more.

Years
  • A bunch of old consoles I had (including my Sega Genesis, PS1 and PS2) just ended up getting thrown out, as they were played to the point that they just stopped working, and were old enough that they weren't worth replacing, so we never got new ones.

For the consoles I do have, the only one that's still in really good condition is my 3DS XL, which I've only had for about 9 months. It has the tiniest little scratch on the top right corner of the upper screen, but unless you play it a lot or had it pointed out, you wouldn't even notice.

As for my other three Nintendo handhelds (GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite), they're all still in working condition, but have obvious signs of wear. The Game Boy Color is missing it's battery cover, there are some light scratches on the screen and the volume wheel gets stuck easily. My GBA SP is pretty bad off with lots of scratches all over the exterior and on the screen, but the hinge is surprisingly as good as when I first got it. As for my DS Lite, the hole for the stylus is a little worn out so the stylus always falls out and gets lost, the hinge is a little loose and the exterior has a little general wear as well.

My other main console is my PS3, and it's one of the second generation consoles (not one of the originals that can play PS2 games, but still one of the fat ones). The console itself looks to be in good condition, but there are many times where it starts making loud noises while playing games, it randomly disconnects from PSN even when it's right near my internet modem, and it's really spotty on how quickly it downloads things (one day I might be able to download a 50 MB patch in less than a minute, but the next day the same download takes nearly half an hour). If the PS4 weren't right around the corner I'd seriously think about getting it replaced, but at this point I might as well wait.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I tend to keep my gaming consoles clean - although I think my 3DS XL has tons of fingerprints from me so much using it (thanks to Pokemon X).

My DS Lite and original DS should be cleaned. All are in working order

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    Let's see. . . Let's start from oldest to newest.

My GBA SP has some dust in all those little holes, and some scratches on the top, from one time where I was trying to get a sticker off and used my house key. So smart ;P

xBox is alright. The rubber on the controllers (the "duke" kind) is kinda. . . weird, though. If you dig your fingernails into it it leaves a mark and the rubber could chip off 0.o Otherwise the xBox itself is fine. It does make loud. . . purring? noises whenever it's on, though. It's also dusty. . .

DS Lite #1: all black. I got it refurbished from Gamestop (>.>). The right hinge is cracked off, parts of the touch screen don't work, and the top screen only works if you tilt it a certain way. So it's basically useless.

Wii: Fine. I don't use it much, to be honest.

DS Lite #2: black with pink top. Got it from eBay and the box arrived smashed on one side. The touch screen only works on the right side, there's dead pixels, and the volume doesn't work at all, so it's also pretty useless. Which is a shame since it's so unique/cute :/

DSi: Blue. Still works! What a miracle, after having it for over 3 years. . . Only problem is the Left and Right buttons don't always register that they've been pushed, which can be annoying when I soft reset. Some scratches but no big deal.

DS Lite #3: black with blue top. Broken hinge, otherwise everything else works.

I just loooove the DS Lite, can't you tell? /rolls eyes

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
    Years
  • Everything is just collecting dust. :3 The Wii doesn't work anymore, though. :( The Nintendo 64, GameCube, 3DS and Xbox 360 on the other hand work like a charm though! :O
    It's probably because the Nintendo 64 was made of material that is GUARANTEED to last a life time! The GameCube and onwards, they just started using cheap material so we can get their newer consoles.
    All though I don't have one though, SNES is my favourite console. PS1 (used to have done, don't anymore) is my 2nd favourite.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    For consoles I have a Nintendo 64, GameCube, Playstation 2, Wii and Xbox 360. For handhelds I have a gameboy advance, 2 DS Lites , a DSi and a 3DS. All of them are in my room (lol). The Nintendo 64 is sitting in a crate somewhere collecting dust because most of my retro games I do on emulators. My Gamecube is also sitting i na crate because I can simply play Gamecube games on my Wii. My Wii is hooked up and ready for whenver I want to play some Smash Bros.or start Skyword Sword over or whatever. My Xbox 360 is what I play the most, I play it almost every day. My Nintendo 64 and Gamecube are collecting dust, but my Wii and Xbox 360 are also pretty dusty as well. I need to clean them soon before anything happens.

My DS and 3DS and DSi are in my drawer. They are clean, I don't really have to worry about dust on them. I'm not sure where my Gameboy Advance is at the moment.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • Urgh, my consoles are in awful condition...

My PS3's always got dirt on it (my brother's room is a bit bleh), and my DS Lite's screens are cracked :[. I also lost it...

Back