• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favorite Nintendo Consoles?

Your Favorite Nintendo Consoles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Hello there, as far as being Pokemon made in Nintendo console, what is your favorite console of Nintendo so far?

For me, my favorite are that of NES (i played an bootleg console of that game though), DS, and 3DS. And you?

Years
  • I don't think any Nintendo game consoles carry more significance to me than the Gamecube and the Nintendo 64. Those were the highlight of my childhood gaming days!!

Switch comes very close, but I haven't had a whole lot of time to play on mine hence why it isn't quite up there, yet.

DS comes at a third before the Switch for Pokemon reasons.

I might as well vote for all four tbh

Last edited:

User Anon 1848

The 3DS. It's backwards compatible with all my favorite DS games and has a few games designed for its own hardware that I like too. If those games become available on the Switch virtual console down the line then I'd change my answer.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    The GCN was the first and at the same time one of the few consoles I ever owned, so it holds a special place in me. The GBA was the one that actually got me into pokemon even if my first and favourite game was on the GCN

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    The Game Boy, N64, Game Cube, and 3DS. I would put the Switch down but it's too early in its lifecycle to know if it has the staying power of its predecessors. And while I didn't vote for it, obviously the NES gets default point for being the first if it's kind.

Emilia

~ free falling
    Years
  • My favorite will always be the Nintendo DSi. It's been with me for about 10 years now and I still play on it here and there.
    I also like the 3DS too, and I'm sure I'd like the Switch if I could afford one LOL

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i effin love the gamecube. it's got so many great games on it and i think it's got the most variety of all the nintendo consoles. almost every major nintendo ip is on the gamecube and it had some good third party stuff. n64 is great too but i'm probably rly biased bc it was the first console i owned for myself. voted for the switch as well bc it just makes me really happy. it has a great design and concept, boasts great games (and more to come!), user interface is really nice, it just makes me smile.

voted for gba for similar reasons to gamecube, just a lot of really good stuff on it, even if a lot of it was nes/snes ports it seemed like. love the 3DS too. it's had such a long run and i have such a massive library for the damn thing -- and rightfully so bc it's just great. great titles, i like that they get released with cute designs, it's just a Good Little Machine.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'd have to say either the Gamecube or my SP as i spent most of my childhood on those. Switch is pretty darn close with you take out nostalgia though.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen yesterday
    The Switch is rapidly becoming my favourite with its expansive library (it's not huge yet, but that Nintendo has been so willing to port so many games, AAA and indie, to it is really promising imo) and its versatility is making me really happy with this console.

Aside from that, I would also have to say I grew up on my SP and DS Lite so I have many fond memories of those.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • I'm tempted to put Switch in first place because its concept brought me back into gaming after years that I'd been playing only a few games (mostly PC strategy games) every once in a while. A hybrid home-portable console is what I didn't know I needed, as I can play it a lot more than I could if it was just a home console ("no time to play on a TV screen" is exactly the reason I never bought a Wii U or PS4 and still have a huge backlog of PS3 games I rarely get the time to play) - and it's not just portable but being able to play games that have the scope of home console titles while in portability. And, of course, it has loads of great games, making the previous point even more relevant.

Second (or joint first?) place goes to the Gamecube, which I can say is the console that got me into Nintendo games in the first place (I had had a GBA, but Pokémon was the only Nintendo franchise I played on it before; the only other consoles I had played on were the PS1 and PS2). Pokémon was actually my gateway into the Nintendo universe, as the games that made me want a GC were Colosseum and XD, and then I discovered all the other franchises as well (the GC I had came bundled with MK:DD, then I also bought Melee after that). It's partially nostalgia and partially because the GC catalogue is full of gems (with F-Zero GX being the main reason last year after moving home I connected my GC to an old TV).

Honorable mentions go to the DS and Wii, which were the Nintendo consoles I spent the most time on - they get a somewhat mixed reputation due to the casual games and shovelware, but had some really high-quality gems too. But I've always been very happy with all Nintendo consoles I had, so that could apply to all of them...

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • The Gamecube is far and away my favourite console. From hosting my favourite game ever (Pokemon Colosseum) to the extensive library and amount of fun I had with my friends playing stuff like Double Dash and Melee, it certainly out-performed any of the other consoles I've owned. Not only that, but it was the first console we ever had; my (step-)dad bought it for us after being with my mum for a while, and I have a whole bunch of memories associated with it. I still have it on my shelf, I don't think I'll ever get rid of it. There's no way to replace the OG console in your life after all.

After the Gamecube comes the GBA. It got me into Pokemon in the first place, and again my friends and I had so much fun playing games together, trading Pokemon and so on. I also played a port of the original Mario Bros, which introduced me to that franchise. And that thing was robust. Idk how many hits that thing took, but it survived a long time. Until I got my SP, which funnily enough I think I also still have. Complete with the Gen 4 stickers I got when DPPt dropped lmao

Third place comes the Switch. Portable Rocket League plus Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey has already made this console far better than the rest I've owned. And with all the AAA titles and Indie titles coming to the Switch, as well as the sequels to the main line games of the great Nintendo franchises (except Pokemon now, rip) the line-up of games is astounding, and I'm going to be gaming on this console for a very long time to come.

Cid

Years
  • My favorite has to be the 3DS. It has the largest library of games that I've ever personally owned (read: not shared with my bro), and it's also backwards compatible with DS games.

Switch Lite is a good successor to it. I just hope it carries the 3DS's torch to new heights.

Years
    • Online now
    The Wii but I'm biased because it's what I grew up with. I enjoyed the Wii U and 3DS equally as much.

I do not enjoy the Switch much at all for taking away the virtual console. That was my all time favorite feature of these systems, and it was an easy way to access older games I had never had the chance to play at a very affordable price. Without the need to emulate them.

4 NES games per month is such a huge step back, and while there is stuff on the Switch I enjoy, it might be my least favorite console. Which is a huge leap considering the Wii U was one of my all time favourites. Even DS games were available through the virtual console, and I was looking forward to more in the next system.

Zerotwp

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2020
    I love my Gameboy Advance SP (because Harvest Moon and Pokemon) and Wii U.

DigitalMewtwo

Somewhere on the digital spectrum
    Years
  • I really love my Wii and Wii U - such a good library for both, followed by my 3ds and DS. The Switch is pretty good too, with a promising library building up. Future is looking pretty bright.

Back