• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favorite Pokemon Game

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Platinum overall.

I've gone off Emerald, mainly due to the fact it takes a hell of a long time to complete (I once did it in 16 hours, but 2 of them were spent completing the Elite 4 with underlevelled pokemon).
    LeafGreen was good, but I only really got it for migration.

Ranger is cool too, and Diamond's good, but Platinum is better than Diamond

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Favourite main game for me would have to be Yellow. Call me old fashioned, but I grew up with Kanto, and having that Pika follow me around was what I thought to be the most amazing thing ever.

Which makes me more excited for HG/SS, as I really want that little Pika following me around to be replaced by an Ursaring. :D

But if we're saying favourite Pokemon game overall I'd be lieing if I didn't say PMD:EoS. Just for the amazing plot, and the fact that I absolutely adore Wigglytuff. (:

Shiiny Pikachu

SUPER AWESOME SHINY PIKACHU
    Years
    My favorite Pokemon games are Pokemon Blue and Pokemon Yellow. They bring back so much memories. I never owned Pokemon Yellow but I played it on my older cousin's gameboy color. I also liked Silver and Gold,they are the best ones in my opinion. And the remakes for Gold and Silver are even more awesome.

Alyssachu

Trainer in training! ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    Platinum, I guess. Since that's the only handheld Pokemon game I have! XD
    (i know i know, i need to catch up!)

If they made a NEW Pokemon Snap- with a crapload of newer Pokemon,
    that would probably be my fav. O.o

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    Heart Gold because I'm to cool for older games because silver was my first game and this brings back memories. I love having my pokemon follow me around. And the jhoto region is fun! I love it's legendaries and normal pokemon. My 2nd would be diamond. Not sure why, I just love it

Boafrats

Ahem! Thanks.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2010
    Ruby because it's the closest to pink. I like yellow too.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    It's a tough decision, I don't know that I can choose just one... but I guess when I look at all of the games - their features, Pokemon, entertainment, etc... Silver. It's the one I spent the most time with, and the one I enjoyed the most.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    1. SoulSilver
    2. Emerald & Platinum
    3. Crystal
    4. All of the rest

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Sapphire is my favorite version. I just love it like it was my own kid. But the best pokemon game that I've played was Emerald. Emerald was like the foundation of the battle frontier.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2015
    My favorite is definitely the original Red and Blue titles, the nostalgia is just too intoxicating.

ichuesther

The girl with the Charizard.
    Years
    Well, I've only played 4 different kinds of actual Pokemon games.
    I have played Sapphire and Emerald version and I own Heartgold and LeafGreen.
    I barely did anything in Sapphire. Emerald is originally my sister's, and I traded that for my Leafgreen, but I wanted it back so I traded back. But she had started her own file on that one, and my game was long gone so I had to start from scratch, which made me mad because I had had that file for over 2 years. (My poor Charizard T-T)

I have to say Leafgreen is my favorite. It was my first actual Pokemon game, too.

Years
    Your Favorite Pokemon Game

Pokemon Red... ahh nostalgia <3

Back