• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favourite Pokemon Game?

favourite Pokemon game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Honestly, I'm disappointed at how few votes the original games got. You should all be ashamed.

Red; The first original game I got after losing Yellow many years ago. This game was completely mind blowing for me, because I beat it instead of getting stuck at Brock and losing the game like I did with Yellow. I was used to Sapphire and Stadium, but I still remembered how primitive Yellow was, so it wasn't like I was a little kid who had never seen an old game. I knew there were no luxuries like there are now/ were in RS, so I did fine. Playing it in 04 is just as mindblowing as playing Yellow in 99.

Silver; Got this the same time I got Red, and oh em gee. Best rival ever. Best starters ever. Best Pokemon ever. This is overall my favorite, and unfortunately, I think my Silver battery is finally going to come to an end. The time is never right on it, and that's a sign. I'm going to cry for days and no remake on the DS will ever make me feel better. Try all you want, HGSS; you've got some damn big shoes to fill.

Emerald; Sapphire was great and reintroduced me to gaming on the handhelds after my loss of Yellow version many years prior, but comparing Sapphire to Emerald? Sapphire, you fail. Emerald introduced us to the Battle Frontier. The Battle Frontier. What else am I supposed to say? Isn't that enough? No. Walk-in double battles. I kick and scream if I mess up trying to get into one. They're that awesome. And Emerald's so awesome that I wanted to play through it again, but keep chugging at the Frontier, so you know what I did? I bought another. That's right. I have two Emeralds.

Platinum; I guess I was just trying to vote for a game in every generation, but Platinum was done pretty damn well. Some sprite improvements, some graphical improvements, new clothes, and the creepiest place to go since the RBY Ghost Tower, and that's saying something. Not to mention the new formes of Rotom, Giratina, and Shaymin. I was skeptical at first, but overall, they're not bad looking formes. Not to mention the Battle Frontier. Once again, the Battle Frontier.

Stadium 1 and 2; Seeing that I gave up on the handheld gaming after I lost Yellow, I wasn't sure I'd ever be good at playing Pokemon. Not to mention I was big on the TCG, so when I rented and saw the creatures on my cards in action, I was in awe. I never owned Stadium, but when Stadium 2 was on its way, you bet I went for it. I completed the Academy on there, and I was proud of myself for it, too. Who else took the time to do that, anyway? Back to the game itself, it introduced me to the 2nd generation and three of my overall favorite Pokemon (Smeargle, Umbreon, and Quilava) since I didn't do the handheld thing. Not to mention the music was epic.

Ranger and Dungeon games didn't cut it for me. Never will, either.

magrathean

Eevee Breeder
    Years
    Sapphire holds so many fond memories for me. It is, to date, the only Pokemon game I've ever had dreams about.

Years
    Which PKMN Game (any!) is the best?

Well, for mainstream, i would have to say any of the third games for the gens. All the gens are great, and all of the mainstream games are basically the same (just new pokemon, new places, new characters...wait thats thesame! XD) bu the third games are always the best. Yellow...that is amazing! Pikachu FTW! but Crystal...Johto = pure win, so maybe would it beat yellow? The emerald...meh...and Platinum. BEST DS GAME EVA XD

for spin-off, i really like Dash & Puzzle League! =]

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    I think I enjoyed FireRed and Crystal/ShinyGold equally.

They both have a great selection of Pokemon, story, and Music.
    They also have a great elite four and Team Rocket, the only truly nasty team other then Galactic.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    I chose:

Pokemon Crystal - Awesome remake
    Pokemon Platinum - Another Awesome Remake
    Pokemon Stadium 1&2 - Best series every
    My Pokemon Ranch - I felt bad that it had 0 votes and I actually some what like it

What I Forgot To Vote For:

Pokemon Trozei
    Pokemon Rangers 1 & 2

Last edited:

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    aahhh its gotta be Yellow, Silver, and Platinum <u>
    if i had to chose one though, silver because of nostalgia, oh and the only generation with two regions ;u;
    platinum take a really close second though <u>

Back