• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favourite Starter PKMN?

Which of the 12 starter Pokemon is your favourite?

• Total voters
    Years
    I have to go with Mudkip because it has powerful moves and it's a duel type. Also Moonlit Umbreon contact a Mod to see if they can fix the poll for you.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Croconaw changed to Totodile. ;) Next time just PM a mod or higher to edit the poll for you, no problem!

As for the poll itself, that's such a tough question! I think I might have to say Charmander. Out of all the starters I've had, it's the one where I actually like all of its evolutions. I love Charmander, I like Charmeleon and I love Charizard.

With all the other starters I've had (Totodile, Torchic, Piplup), there have been parts of it's evolution line that I just didn't like. I didn't like Feraligatr, I didn't like Combusken, I didn't like any of Piplup's evolutions... and as for any other starters that I didn't personally pick? The same thing with them. XD; So Charmander wins overall.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2008
    my order of preference is:
    Squirtle
    Bulbasaur (hence the name)
    Midkip
    Totodile
    Charmander
    Piplup
    Cyndaquil
    Chikorita
    Chimchar
    Treeko
    Turtwig

For some completely illogical reason I love squirtles. I'm not usually a grass pokemon fan but theres something about bulbasaur, i like the concept of blooming into a flower. I always thought charmander was overrated until all the other fire types came out. Charizard owns all of them!

geno421

Script and Spriter
    Years
    I'm going to have to go with Charmander. I've always loved the way he looks and I loved him in the anime. :)

Moonlit Umbreon

Elusive Within The Shadows
    Years
    Croconaw changed to Totodile. ;) Next time just PM a mod or higher to edit the poll for you, no problem!

As for the poll itself, that's such a tough question! I think I might have to say Charmander. Out of all the starters I've had, it's the one where I actually like all of its evolutions. I love Charmander, I like Charmeleon and I love Charizard.

With all the other starters I've had (Totodile, Torchic, Piplup), there have been parts of it's evolution line that I just didn't like. I didn't like Feraligatr, I didn't like Combusken, I didn't like any of Piplup's evolutions... and as for any other starters that I didn't personally pick? The same thing with them. XD; So Charmander wins overall.

Thankyou so much Lightning, I really appreciate it! I'll be sure to inform a moderator next time I mess up on a poll like this. =D Thanks again.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
    Years
    I can't really decide. Bulbasaur would have to be my favorite back in the day, but with the introduction of turtwig I can't decide. I love turtwig because its a turtle, and unlike Squirtle, it's a water/ground, an awesome typing since I prefer the grass starters and natural earthquake is pretty cool. Of course I like things like Cyndaquil and Squirtle, but really Bulbasaur and Turtwig are my two favorite. Really can't decide.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    So... I herd U liek Mudkipz?

Yes, heck yes I do.

I've always been a big mudkip fan. Before third gen it as Totodile & Charmander. However, in today's circle of life... Mudkip is my favorite. It looks awesome, is famous, and evolves into one of my favorite bulky waters. :D Always be mudkip fan. ;D

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Cyndaquil. I usually go for a fire type starter, and I just think that Cyndaquil looks best.

Moonlit Umbreon

Elusive Within The Shadows
    Years
    Poll Status

Charmander - 1st [winning 1 over -]
    |
    v
    Cyndaquil - 2nd [winning 2 over -]
    |
    v
    Squirtle - 3rd [winning 2 over 4]

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    KANTO: Bulbasaur
    JOHTO: Cyndaquil
    HOENN: Treecko
    SINNOH: Turtwig

but out from the 4, I really love Cyndaquil. :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2014
    best starter pokes

wat r the best fire water and grass starters of all the games?

Back