• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first console?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magik?!

Georgums.
Years
  • I had a yellow GameBoy colour with a pikachu on it <3
    I was then presented with an old 'GameBoy Pocket' by my stepdad, that my brother had played as a kid. So whilst my GBC was my first, the GBP was the oldest~

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • It was an SNES back when I was eight years old...it was a hand-me-down from my uncle when he got an N64 at launch. XD

First time I ever had a current console was when I got a Gamecube for my 16th birthday in 2003. XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    mine was sega genesis! i still remember getting my ass kicked in mortal kombat by my cousin, playing the good old sonic and the lion king!! BEST.GAME.EVER.
    (I never got to pass the second level.... gah i hated those hippos)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I grew up playing my grandparents' SNES. Super Mario All-Stars, Donkey Kong Country 2, Megaman X, and Breath of Fire 1 & 2 were things I played, though they had 30+ games for the thing. (I have them all now <3)
    My first system that was mine was my pink Gameboy Advance SP <3. Well... I had a GBA before that, but I had to share with my brother, so it doesn't really count~

Years
  • The first handheld I've ever owned was a Gameboy. It might have been a Gameboy Color.

I remember having one of those 50-in-1 game cartridges. I played Contra a lot. Other than that, I don't remember much of anything about it, seeing as my dad took it away from me for fear of my eyesight deteriorating. Just as he giveth, he taketh away.

I'm pretty sure I had an SNES before I had a Gameboy. It gets even fuzzier, from here on out.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • My first system was an SNES that I got when I was 3 or 4 years old. My mom's friend had bought it for her husband, but for some reason I can't remember, she couldn't give it to him, so she gave it to my mom, who gave it to me. I remember playing Super Mario World, Donkey King Country, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (favorite game evar >__>), and so on.

Kitty17794

disney devoted. disney owned.
    Years
  • Good ole Nintendo was my first. I had Ducktales, Mickey's Mousecapades, Maniac Mansion, and of course Mario... <3

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Gameboy Color.
    I had a pretty good time playing Mario and Pokemon. <3

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • My first console was the Gameboy color...still have it, and it's sturdy as hell. O_o
    No matter how many times I drop it, it never breaks, just a few scratches but nothing major! xD
    Hmm...how bout my GB Adv SP...? *R.I.P.*

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • My first system was a Game Boy Color, and my first actual console was an N64 that I got after the Gamecube had already been released. I actually had a GBA before I got the N64...I didn't really start catching up with Gamecube/PS2/etc. until around 2005. Most of the time before that I just played at friends' houses.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • A Game Boy Pocket back in 1997 (without a power light! I had to guess when it was going to run out of batteries), although the first system I ever played was a SNES at my friend's house.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • I believe that my first handheld console would have to be my Purple GameBoy Colour, I currently still have this handheld and it's in working condition so those cravings of playing Pokemon Crystal can be handled easily. For a game system it was my Black GameCube, that also still works but is starting to have problems with overheating issues, nevertheless, I do believe the GameCube is the console I do play the most even with the Wii and PS3 around.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
  • My first console was the Super Nintendo Entertainment System! I got it when I was 4, and I still have it to this day. It's plugged in ready to go in my room right now! As far as gameplay, I also think that it's one of the best consoles ever made. Some of the best games were introduced to us on the SNES and some of the best RPGs were on it too.

After the SNES, I got in the following order:

• Sega GameGear
    • Nintendo 64
    • Nintendo Gameboy Color
    • Sony Playstation 2
    • Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP
    • Sony Playstation 3
    • Nintendo DS Lite

So yeah, I love video games, but the SNES holds a special spot in my heart! :)

Years
  • The first console I ever got was a Christmas present when I was 5, a gameboy colour, complete with pokemon yellow, blue and red. My dad had to get me out of the heroes bedroom because I didn't know how!

Chatot Lover

happy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2013
    My first console was the Sega Genesis II.
    My brother got it for Christmas along with Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2 and some other games and we played together a lot. He later gave it to me and I still have it. My mother also had the original GameBoy so this was my first handheld. Good times.

Roxichu

Blastoff at the Speed of Light
    Years
  • If handhelds count...the Game Boy color, in the see-through purple so I could marvel at all it's electronic guts. :pink_boogie:

For the hook-up-to-the-TV type, it was the GameCube and I marveled at the glorious freeedom of exploration in Mario SunShine and Zelda WindWaker.

Years
  • I was a Famicom/NES kid first before anything else...and I had several because I keep breaking them. D: Hey, at least I learned to be more careful with expensive objects because of that, ehehe.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back