• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Episode?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Your First Episode?#

Well, I thought I might as well make a new thread to boost some activity here.

So it's in the title: What was the first episode you watched?

The first episode I watched was when I pretty small but I remember it very clearly, it was
    "Ash Catches a Pokémon" from the original series, it was on ITV, I loved it and haven't stopped watching ever since.

Now I know a lot of people here haven't really watched the anime since it first started. Plus even some people who don't like it anymore or just hate it can answer this, so this should be very interesting.

Last edited:

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
  • First episode I watched was the episode with Bruno and the giant onix, it was shown on some random saturday morning cartoon show.. good times :) This was just after I'd got Pokemon blue.

Then they showed re-runs of the first series soon after and I've been watching ever since ;)

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Holiday Hi-Jynx is the earliest I can remember, since Christmas was a big part of my life and all.

I probably saw others before that but I can't remember exactly.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
  • I can't remember the name of the episode, but I didn't watch it fully either. But it was the one where Charmeleon evolved into Charizard. The episode with all the Fossil pokemon.

First full episode I watched was The Water Flowers of Cerulean City.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure it was whatever the first episode of the "The Sisters of Cerulean City" VHS was, lol. Clearly remember receiving that as gift way back when. It was the reason I started regularly watching the show on T.V.

joacen

Starter Pokemon: Oshawott
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    I believe my first episode was somewhere between the end of "Master Quest" and the beginning of "Advanced," somewhere along those lines; not sure of the exact episode.

Years
  • The first episode I ever wathced was actually the very first one in the series. Since I was so little, I watched Pokemon whenever I saw that it was on. I also bought quite a few VHSs. It wasn't until early Johto when I began to watch Pokemon nearly every Satuday morning. I kept this up until the Battle Frontier. Where I lived, Battle Frontier aired at 6:00 - 7:00 in the morning. Yeah, my satellite was screwed up. On top of that, CN decided to air new Pokemon episodes 5 times a week. I just couldn't keep up. However, I still managed to watch many BF reruns before DP. Right after they aired the first three episodes of DP, I quit watching the anime all together. I hardly ever tuned in until the Sinnoh league began in Japan. Ever since that I've been watching every new episode of Pokemon, whether it be English or Japanese.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Pokemon - I Choose You!

Even though Battle Aboard the St. Anne aired before it I don't remember seeing it, and I think it was only premiered in limited areas.

inomoo221

Lv. 70 Pidgey
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2011
    My first episode was "Holy matrimony". The one focusing on James and his Growlie. I watched it on a German TV channel and didn't understand a word of the show, but it was enough to get me hooked. It wasn't another year until it finally started airing in my country.

Axєl

→ enveloping flames;
    Years
  • The Flame Pokémon-athon.. in Japanese. I remember being confused about what was being said. My friend Yulie is Japanese, and her family had a lot of episodes recorded / imported.

& Pretty sure that my first dubbed episode was #2, that Pokemon Emergency episode.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I swear I don't remember >__> All I know is that it was more than likely a repeat of an episode of the first season on Cartoon Network. My tiny little shards of memory, however, do strongly pull me into the fact that I watched my first episode in Mexico.

Ronin

Lazlo Woodbine’s apprentice
    Years
  • I'm afraid I don't really remember, it was far too long ago. I know it wasn't the first episode as I remember going to my friends house to watch it (he had recorded it) as I hadn't seen it. I think the first one I seen would have been him getting the boulder badge but as I said I'm not 100%. In fact the more I think of it the more that makes sense as it was that episode that first made me thinking Onix was awesome and cant remember not thinking Onix was awesome except when I didn't know what it was.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2011
    The 1st episode I watched was the 1st episode where i lived they had them on tape at our vidio stores XD

Now i moved all they have is one pokemon movie!

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Episode 1 of course.

I've pretty much seen ALL of the episodes since episode 1. I've only technically missed a few episodes, but, whatever.

I'm still watching the anime and I still like it. So there.

Oh, and I plan on watching the Black and White series too. So there.

=/

Twiggity Twang

Ruler of the Ice Boundary
    Years
  • Mine was "The Kangaskhan Kid". I remember because my uncle Vinnie was watching me for the day and he turned on the TV, and I loved it because there was a little kid riding around inside the pouch of a dinosaur/kangaroo hybrid (I was like, 3, so don't judge). Then, a week later, I got hooked when Ash battled Koga with his Charmander. I had the toddler equivalent of a nerdgasm. It was so epic.

Back