• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You'r first Pokemon!

Years
  • The first Pokemon I caught was a level 6 Kakuna in the Viridian Forrest. It was a pain in the ass, but I managed to train it to Beedrill. Being around seven at the time, I had no idea that catching a weedle and evolving it into Kakuna made it stronger and more useful than catching a wild Kakuna.

Though, this was on my cousin's game, as I didn't have a gameboy at the time, and he was too stupid to get pass the guy who didn't have his coffee yet. :P

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
  • It was probably a Ratatta back in Blue version, but I really don't remember. That was a long time ago, I think I was only five at that time.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I seem to remember a certain Ratatta ending up in my first Pokeball thrown in Pokemon Blue version.

Also, this thread belongs in General Pokemon Gaming - as it's, well, about gaming! XD

Petemon

GO Abra
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    Bulbasaur -first obtained
    Caterpi or Pidgey probably Pidgey as i used him on my team

chickenofunity

Confused Chicken
    Years
  • I had Yellow, but cus I did'nt like Pidgey or Rattata, I sort of got lost and ended up with a mankey. At least that's the story my friend tells me, I don't really remmeber.

Sewzie

Too sexy for my shirt.
    Years
  • Probably Pokemon Yellow. :)
    I had played it on my uncle's PC, through (you guessed it) an emulator!

The first Pokemon game I've played seriously (and managed to finish) though was Pokemon Crystal.

solspear

PKMN Trainer Kame
    Years
  • Pokemon Red

First pokemon - charmander

first caught pokemon - sentret

(Lol, i was still a kid when i got my very first pokemon Red, and i didn't know how to catch pokemon, even tho there was a tutorial, i didn't understand english yet xD so my very first playtrough was a charizard solo run, hardcore back then as well, Haha)

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2010
    Well I started playing when Gold and Silver came out, but I can't remember what Pokemon I caught...
    But In Ruby my first captured pokemon was a Ralts

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I started with Squirtle in Blue and my first Pokemon properly caught was a Pidgey. Oddly enough, I'd use both later on again as in-game team members (Squirtle and its evos in LG and Pidgey and its evos in SS).

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
  • Mine was a Zigzagoon in Pokémon Sapphire. I think I named it Brownie (I think I was thinking about chocolate and it's color when I caught it).

Shiny Politoed

Dreamer
    Years
  • new years eve 1999 i just got my gameboy for Christmas with a copy of Pokemon red,After a week i manage to find out that i got to deliver the package to oak :K then begin to play not thinking i need any other pokemon but Squirtle i am in virdian forest and pikachu appears i catch it thinking I'll be like Ash XD and thats my first caught pokemon :)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I remember when I was about 6 and I caught loads of pidgeys, I was so proud :D

Back