• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You'r first Pokemon!

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    First Pokemon caught? No idea!

My very first pokemon ever, though, was my torchic, Torch. I still have him in my pearl and I love him to bits!

Jung

Sica please.
    Years
    Pokemon Yellow was my first game. :D
    Pikachu was my first pokemon.
    Caterpie was my first caught. (Just to beat Brock. c:)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I started in Emerald.

My first pokemon was my Torchic,Torchinatr (lol @ Feraligatr effect in hindsight).
    I loved it to death, however after evolving it into Blaziken yet still not getting past Slateport City, I lost him.

My first capture was a Zigzagoon, Ziggyzoom. Like Torchinatr, he ended up lv.30, raised against Minun,Plusle,Electrike and Gulpin. God I was bored.

lol, like okjoek above, just more n00by due to nicknames :P

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    In Emerald? You sure? I reckon you've either hacked, been given a hacked game, got confused, or are just downright lying. No offense

Neelh

i am so win lol!!1! :P
    Years
    First ever Poke was a Cyndaquil named Fiero in the games. In the card game, I got a Ponyta, Poocheyena, Meditite, and a couple others from a friend. The only ones I still have are Ponyta and another one. None that I listed, though.

First game-captured Pokemon? Pidgey called Sandie after the girl from Grease. Coicidentally, the first attack she had to forget another to remember was... Sand-attack!

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I started playing pokemon when i was 5 or 6 i think and i am 16 now.My first pokemon game was pokemon yellow and my start was pikachu lol and the first pokemon i caught was a pidgey i think.

Edit:Why does it seem like half the people here didn't start playing pokemon intill emerald came out...Any oldies here ?

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
    The first Pokemon I caught was a Zubat in my 2nd cousins Pokemon Yellow, I also caught a lot of Pokemon in my friends Pokemon Crystal....and then my Sister released them....boy did I have a lot of explaining to do....and then I got my first game, Sapphire, and Picked Torchic as my starter, I don't recall catching anything until I got to the first gym (I might have but I don't remember) and then I restarted because I never knew Torchic evolved into something that would ACTUALLY be useful against the gym, so I then picked Mudkip. My first Pokemon I then caught was.....I don't know.

yaya0

は真優勝
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    The first I caught was a Bidoof in Platinum (sadly lost due to the cartridge breaking)

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I started in Emerald, I chose a Treeko. I nicknamed it Leaf Blade and it's now on Pearl! :D
    Yeah, but thread's about the first Pokemon you actually caught after receiving your starter.

Mine was probably a Pidgey or Rattata, like so many others. It was all the way back in my first play-through of Blue, which I quickly deleted because I was going to start with Charmander.

It was still probably Rattata in that save file too. I leaned toward Rattata over Pidgey.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    As far as I can remember. The first pokemon I caught was a Pidget in Pokemon Red. :) Was very happy at that time! xD;

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Caterpie in Yellow. :) But since I didn't get past Brock and I lost my Yellow back then, the next time I played a main game was Sapphire. Since that's more memorable for me, I'm going to say Wingull. :>

Back