• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first reaction to shiny Pokémon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanTheOriginal

Serious trainer is serious
Years
    • Seen May 18, 2011
    My very first reaction to a shiny Pokemon was "Huh, why is it red and shiny?". Obviously it was in the days on Gold and Silver, and I didn't even have a computer back then, so I didn't know it what a shiny was or how rare they are (outside of that red Gyarados).

But I am trying to get a REAL shiny in SoulSilver, Abra to be specific. I'll update this with my reaction when I finally get one.

UPDATE!
    I caught a Shiny Audino. My reaction to seeing this thing was to get my iPod to record it put it on Youtube. Since I can't link URLs until I've posted at least 15 times, you'll have to look up the user name I'm using here to find it. That video has my real reaction to it.

Last edited:

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years
  • I was playing silver when I saw my first shiny xD I thought it was a glitch and since I already had that pokemon, I killed it and continued to move on with the game >.<

I don't remember when I knew what a shiny exactly was, but I remember just casually acknowledging it and hoping to find more in the future - which has happened only twice T_T

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • Well I've Been familiar with Shiny Pokemon before my first game because of Pokemon Crater and when I saw my first non-gyarados Shiny Pokemon Which was a Shiny roselia... I Jumped UP and down the sofa with my sister staring at me asking me why I was jumping then I yelled "I found a shineh pokemon!!!" Then I caught it... and Screamed again Saying "YEAH MY FIRST SHINEH!!!"

aperso

Please feel free to VM random fruit types.
    Years
  • well i go it took forever must get it/trade at the end I would going I traded/got it/noooo i lost

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
    Years
  • my first was on ruby, i was just walking up to the cable cars and a numel with a blue back appeared and i remember saying 'whys it blue?' i caught it though. then days later i lost the game :( i found out about shinies after watching the episode when winona sends out her shiny swellow. but i did find a shiny mienfoo outside dragon spiral tower :) ill train it to a mienshao and trade if anyone wants :)

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    I was like, "OMG SHINY", and I caught it with an ultra ball, since it was a Graveler. At the time I knew what a shiny was; I might have seen shinies before, though.

Wasen

The Wolf of Darkness
    Years
  • It was about half of a year ago. I had decided to finish the Heart Gold pokedex and one of the ones I didn't had was Magmar. I entered the Burned Tower and climbed down the ladder and a wild pokemon appeared. I was very excited when I saw it was Magmar in different colors because it was my first shiny ever (Except Gyarados). I catched it :)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Maybe Sod's/Murphy's law is appropriate in situations like these: most people that have posted on this thread seem to have stumbled across their shinies by accident without searching for them, whereas others have known about them for ages (ME!) and yet never seen any apart from the Red Gyarados (who I'd known was a shiny beforehand due to my incredibly cheap nature of reading the strategy guide beforehand).

Still waiting on my first 'real' one, but I imagine it'll illicit a reaction of "Crap, where are my Ultra Balls?!"

gameplayer56

Loving Latias Forever
    Years
  • The first time I saw a shiny was a shiny Ralts, and when I saw it, I thought my game had messed and started to make new colors, so I ran and saved my game from and stop playing for about day or so. A year later, I started to use the internet more, and I learned that the "glitched" Ralts was actually a shiny Ralts, and afterwards, I felt like an idoit (Missed out on my favorite pokemon...).

firebolt12

pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2012
    YAY! Shiny

Then I hack pokeballs at it.

Here's my shinies:
    *I don't hack

Shiny Gyrados HG
    Shiny Goldeeen
    Shiny Druddigon First druddigon I saw was shiny! W
    Shiny Weavile (traded from GS think its a hack)
    I think I might have a few more

I ALSO have shiny legend trio!

Last edited:

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    When I saw a golden Hoothoot in Gold I was literally shaking all over and when I caught it like all my friends at school were making me offers for it :p I traded it for a Celebi lol although I regretted it later when I found out just how rare that shiny Pokemon really were! But at least I didn't have to go to a Nintendo event or use one of those pathetic Gamesharks for Celebi :)

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i remember thinking that the red gyarados was the coolest thing ever.
    then when i joined the forums i learned about shiny pokemon. i feel so slow

Altaïr

... Has one gear: Go
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    Lolz I remember my first shiny was a ponyta. It was night and I was trying to catch Moltres in FR, so I just ran. Then I was like, wait, that ponyta was blue! After that happened I just pulled out my game and threw it at the wall.

Kilo

Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    "WTF!!!".
    *Dad walks in* "NO VIDEO GAMES FOR A MONTH!"
    *I show him the Gameboy screen*
    "WTF...It's a gay Pokémon!" XD

No I'm just kidding, it wasn't like that!

I was playing Pokémon Fire Red and I come across a shiny Magmite and I'm like 0_0...it must be uber rare! I catch it... WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! >:O

ShinyBurakki

Likes to use Dark Pulse...
    Years
  • First shiny I ever saw was in Emerald and it was the shiny poochyena in Petalburg woods. I thought it was a glitch at first but I caught it, then was afraid to evolve it for fear that it would lose its golden color... When I restarted my game, I couldnt refind it in the woods. I have pearl and soulsilver but I do pop in emerald every now and then to try to find it...

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
  • My first time getting a Shiny was an Elekid from that special egg in GSC. Honestly, I knew it was special, simply because it sparkled. However, I did not know how rare it was at the time, so I just stuck it in my box for the rest of my game's life.

That, and I just didn't like(and still am not a huge fan of) Electabuzz.

Last edited:

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
    Years
  • I was actually calm when I came across a shiny Zubat in Silver because I didn't know exactly what a shiny Pokemon was when I was that young. I didn't find out what a shiny Pokemon was until around the time Ruby and Sapphire were coming out.

beca

◔_____◔
    Years
  • "OMG THAT DROWZEE IS GLITTERY"

I wasn't sure what was going on xD I saw a shiny Spearow not long after that, and my reaction was similar again. Not a single shiny in any game since =/ apart from the Red Gyarados.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • The discovery of shinies was when I discovered Serebii existed back in 08. It was amazing, I invited all my friends over back in Primary school and we just sat there looking at each individual shiny for ages XD I remember it was so amazing and we were all so eager to get shinies.

Master Jecht

Hmmm..
    Years
  • I ran into a shiny drifblom and was like "YES FINALLY MY FIRST SHINY." Then i realized it was level 49 and all my pokemon were in their 70s. Luckily one of them knew night shade and i was able to capture it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back