• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first RP

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    I think it was Experiments. It was about a group of teens who were taken and experimented on to receive superhuman abilities, and called them 'Experiments'. They were then placed on an island, where they quickly got the upper hand and had to be put down, so they made another set of teens called the 'Materials' to fight them. I joined as a Material, had no idea what I was doing because I've never roleplayed before, and have been having a blast ever since.

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
    Years
  • My first rp was years ago when I was 11? I had to wait a total of 10 ten days and accumulate a minimum of 13 posts to get access to the rp board. It was all very exciting. When I was finally allowed access I jumped in on the first RP I could. It had a total of three people, including myself, and lasted about 30 odd pages. It was so bad, I can't help but giggle when I think back. There were one liners with a pinch instant love plots and splash world ending twists... ah good times ;)

There was only one way up from there, though I don't think I've gone too far from my roots ;)

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
  • I don't remember what my first RP was. (I think it was an email chain actually back in 2011? Something like that.) It wasn't a big deal, and although I remember what it was about- Greek mythology- I didn't really care much to remember the timeframe.

I think I first RP'd and was aware of it here on PC if not on some chatroom with a few friends [they happened concurrently] back in 2012. My first was Pokemon: Revolution or something? I played a guy who was fighting against Team Plasma, haha. Looking back on it I'm proud of starting off with semi-decent writing and description, but I think I've come quite a bit from there. [Found the OOC: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=289154&page=2]

Also, if you look closely, the SU contradicts itself. Thank you, dramatic writing.

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
  • Years and years and years ago, I joined an RP called Dragon Knights. It's gone now, with the site it was on. It was about a resistance movement and I played a child who'd lost his body in a horrible experiment and he was a sort of electronic spiritform that could take over machines... Rotom! But years before Rotom was a thing. He 'died' stopping a bomb timer just as it was about to go off, allowing his friends to escape the building. I miss that RP. I miss that site...

I don't think I've ever roleplayed on PC.

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
  • My first Roleplay was actually on a Sonic the Hedgehog sight. It was a slice of life RP that never really got off the ground however.

A slice of life roleplay set in the Sonic the Hedgehog world?? Idk why, but that sounds kind of odd to me... XD....

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    A slice of life roleplay set in the Sonic the Hedgehog world?? Idk why, but that sounds kind of odd to me... XD....
    Oh the things roleplayers can think up.

My first RP as a GM was one where the players took on the roles of a trainer's (my) pokémon. It was slow since only one could battle at once usually haha.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    First roleplay I ever joined was a bizarre Pokemon x Warriors crossover. Those Warriors novels, about cats defying their natural instincts by living in these little Clans that eventually jumped the shark by going full "GOD CLAN GAVE CHOSEN CATS INVULNERABILITY!" Needless to say, it was pretty... immature. The players spent the first six pages (of the IC, mind you) giggling with one another and then we they finally go to the RP-ing part, it was awfully confusing. Like, one Clan had a dojo in it? Also the names were nonsensical (Gastly do not have paws...!) and some characters contradicted the established laws of the universe...

Oh, but the first roleplay I ran was twice as bad. Actually, three times as shitty. It was downright abysmal; based around the Pokepark series, which is already a bad sign. There was a bunch of needless death and violence too. Like, the original Pikachu from the games was full-out executed by the main villain? I also shoehorned in a lot of things as we went, such as playing as one of the canon characters. Not to mention literally no one had any personality except one character that just spent all their time moping about and contemplating suicide. It was really bad, really rushed, and some of the players were downright unpleasant to play with anyhow. Glad I eventually locked it and replaced it with "better RPs" that died in a snap.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The first RP I joined... I really think it was A New Professor in Town by slls81 (?). THE journey RP. I played some rich girl running away from home and her butler chasing her, a setup I reused at some point for another char haha.

Back