• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first shiny pokemon

Tyros

Professor Walnut: Shiny Expert
Years
  • The first ever shiny I ran into was a Hariyama in Sapphire. Not counting the Red Gyarados, that was the only shiny I've ever found in the wild, after many years of playing Pokemon. It whirlwinded me. >__>

Many years later, I finally researched chaining. The first Pokemon I ever got that way was a Hoppip, when I was chaining them for a friend. It felt good to know that I MADE that one happen. Nowadays... I'm a shiny hunter, and have caught over 30, filling up a box, and then some. n.n Granted, that means only 10 different species, because I catch a ton of extras for trading, but I still have a lot of shinies. :3

- Tyros

PrismoStar

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • I've been playing Pokemon this entire decade (Since G/S/C) and I still haven't caught or seen a shiny. Unless you count the Red Gyrados in the Lake of Rage.

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    All my days of Pokemon, I have never once caught a shiny. :|

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • Boy, my first shiny was a long, long time ago.. I was playing FireRed while we were on a trip with our class in like, 1st or 2nd grade (i'm in 8th grade now), I don't remember, but it may have been a shiny Weedle. But as it was a lot of sun and my screen was nearly impossible to see, I don't remember if I caught it our KOed it.

The only shiny pokemon i've seen after that must have been the shiny Meowth I ran into during my run-through of Trainer Hill in Emerald a month or two ago.

Foxnordic

Common trainer
    Years
  • Mmmmm in my silver version i was headbutting trees for 2 hours looking for a herracross, but then a shiny pineco appeared. At first i didn't know what it was but i was super excited, i battled the pineco and got it really weak but it used selfdestruct :( i was uber mad cause pineco were also rare. And another time in my silver version i ran into a shiny nidoran (male) but i ran out of pokeballs :( (I don't count red gyarados) My first shiny catch was in Pokemon Pearl which was a shiny psyduck

Years
  • Other than gyrados my first was tyrogue from the dude in the cave
    2nd: pikachu fire red
    3rd: diglette fire red
    4th: graveler pearl
    5th: mareep gold
    Man shiny's are awesome right?

Years
  • The first Shiny I ever saw/caught was a Zubat in my Silver version [I think . . .]. I thought something was wrong with my Gameboy when I first saw it! XD

ACE9

is looking for a shiny miltank
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    My first was a shiny manectric in some grass
    I also caught a shiny golbat in victory road

Years
  • My first and only non-chained shiny was Golbat on (IIRC) June 27th, 2005 on Sapphire's Victory Road.

I was speed running through it with my level 100 Charizard from LG as I had completed Pokemon Channel and I wanted to transfer the Jirachi over as soon as I could. I went into battle with it but had to do something for 5 minutes. When I came back I saw a green Golbat staring at me. I just froze before successfully capturing it. XDD

shauwk

Years
  • My first one was a shiny zigzagoon in sapphire... Omg it was horrible!!! I was trying to damage it to weaken it but in the end i got a critical hit and killed it!!! I was like NOOOOOO!! lol

my second one was a shiny abra i hatched from an egg in pokemon pearl

my third one was very torturing OMGGGG well i started sapphire over and i was at the part where you uave to save the professor from the poocheyena and guess what? IT WAS SHINY WaAahhhh!!!
    I have the worst luck ever...

Hmm i think those are all my shiny encounters.. Not sure if im missing something though

Back