• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first shiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

nm legend

Years
  • my first shiny was a hoothoot in crystal rite around the beggining of the game...it was freakin gold.....awesome...

Years
  • Coincidentally, my first on any game was a Rayquaza in Emerald. I caught it, and I was over the moon. I lost it when I restarted my game not remembering about it, but I have one on HG anyway. :D

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2021
    Since red Gyarados does not count... my first shiny encounter was an Exeggcute in the Safari Zone on FireRed. I threw a rock at it before throwing a Pokeball, so I would have a better chance of catching it, but it fled right afterwards. My second time encountering a shiny was much more successful. I was training on Route 207 in Diamond for my first gym battle, Roark. A wild Geodude appeared, and it didn't run off like Exeggcute did in FireRed, thus I managed to catch it in time.

M o n s t e R

ma ma MONSTER!
    Years
  • My first shiny was a Diglett with a blue nose in Fire Red. I was searching for a good natured one but instead i found a shiny.

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
    Years
  • Fouuh, I really can't remember it. xD
    But I do remember the first one of my sister though. It was a Pidgeotto, but as it was the first time for her, she thought it was a virus or a bug and she turned off her console. xD
    Now she knows that it was an error to do that.

Jabberwocky

A man ain't nothin' but a man
    Years
  • So I'm surfing around, looking for a Mantine.

RANDOM ENCOUNTER

It's (yet another) Tentacool.

I'm about to get ready to run when i hear a twinkle.

And see that the Tentacool is lavender-colored.

Then I throw a Quick Ball and hear a satisfying "click."

And I cheer.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Besides the shiny Gyarados, my first shiny Pokemon was a Pidgey, early on when I started a new game in Silver (it was a good reason to keep that save file until the end, heh). It was one of my best Pokemon in the game if I remember rightly too. Pity one cannot trade from 2nd gen games to 3rd. =(

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • Of course my RED GYARADOS <3 No RNG, No SR's. Just INTERACT >:]

A Zubat on Sootopolis Cave on my Sapphire. I didn't even cared bout it, I just wanted a Zubat that time and caught it. After a few minutes, I noticed that it has a different color. :D

Years
  • A Graveler west of that one town in Pearl where you get after that pesky fog route. Whatever its name was, I haven't played Sinnoh games in a while. I think I was grinding some water type (might have been Omanyte, I had an awesome one - by my standards at that time - on that file), was quite bored (since DPPt is, as I've probably said hundreds of times before and everyone knows anyways, waaay too slow) and suddenly the thing spawned. I don't really remember how I reacted at first, but I did throw the Masterball at it, being afraid of Selfdestruct. I thought about leveling the thing up and stuff, but then saw it had Mild nature and thus sucks. So I boxed it, and later, when I finally deleted my file (that file was probably the last one I played until waaay after actually beating it), the nameless orange/golden/whatever Graveler was deleted with it. Too bad.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2011
    My first shiny was a sableye that I found on my Sapphire version.I thought "ooooh, its sparkly"so I tried weakening it....it took a critical hit and fainted....XD....The next shiny I found was a lunatone at meteor falls, I caught it without any trouble. :D The most recent one I got was on my Emerald version, a shiny torchic I got as my starter when I played a new game, I was so happy! :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • I have no shinies anymore, but I used to have a shiny Flaaffy (first shiny ever, caught on Gold) and a shiny Noctowl (caught on Gold as well, the same route I think).

They have both vanished though, since my Gold cartridge lost its save. ):

I believe I've also caught a shiny Tentacool once, on Ruby or Sapphire ROM.. and several Gyarados's. =p

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I believe it was a shiny Muk in Leaf Green. It was a while ago, so for the life of me I can't remember how I reacted to it. But I did catch it, kept it around for awhile, then traded it to a good friend of mine.

chuckles

"to be honest"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2010
    i have NEVER found a shiny in all my years playing....

one of my friends told me u have to force it to have even a slight chance gettin one but the technique he told me was complicated n i cbf at the time

Last edited by a moderator:

WilowWisp

Lurking in the shadows.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2010
    My first shiny was a Mightyena, caught on Sapphire or Emerald. *_* So pretty.
    I think he now resides on my Diamond version.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Well, my first shiny came rather late - it was in my English HeartGold. I was getting back to the Power Plant after getting the Machine Part, but then I was riding on my bike and accidentally hit the patch of grass near the water to the Power Plant.

So, I was ready to press run anytime until I noticed that the wild Fearow had that twinkle effect and then it was a golden color. Then my mouth literally dropped.
    Then I caught it and named it Topaz. C:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back