• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Video Game

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
    What was your first video game? Mine was Donkey Kong 64, which is, as you probably guessed, for the N64. XD

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    I'm not really sure what my first videogame was beacuse my Dad played them when I was a little kid I mean like real little. I'm assuming it was Super Mario Bros though or actually something from Sega Genesis.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Super Mario World. I guess I was just a bit too young to be part of the NES era.

Years
    First Video game? Wow... I have to go all the way back to the 80's to remember my first game.

Oddly enough... the first video game I ever played wasn't on the NES, since my family first got one back in 1987.

I first started playing games on the Commodore 64! @_@

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Pokemon Red. :O I was so happy when my parents finally caved in and got us a Gameboy Colour. <3 <3 After that it was clear sailing, but that first hurdle was hard... and I always feel so inadequate since most of my friends had all the old systems and such whereas I never did. <_<;; Oh well.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Mine was pokemon blue I really enjoyed playing it even after pokemon gold and silver came out.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Star Trek: The Next Generation for the Game Boy Pocket o_o; It was incredibly crappy, and I never got past the second or third level. Meh =/

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    EmeraldSky said:
    Another 80's child present....but I bet none you guys still have a working NES...complete with Mario, Zelda, and all those other classics!
    The 80's was such a good time for little gamers to be born. XD
    My cousin still has his sister's NES, and it still works. That is if you call games on the NES "Working games". Them carts wouldn't work half the time. XD

My very first game was "Super Mario World" on the SNES.
    To bad my SNES doesn't work. Me and my brother pulled it down out of our closet, hooked it up and it wouldn't turn on. So there went our very first game system (it was the SNES, not the SNES 101, the 101 is the one shown at Nintendo.com. I got the older one).

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    but I bet none you guys still have a working NES...complete with Mario, Zelda, and all those other classics!
    oh *points to her tv area* you mean that? Well it still works perfectly and we have over twenty working games for it.
    my first game was diddy kong racing for the N64. it was a fun game. ah, brings back old memories
    Yup, me too. I was a Rare girl if you know what I mean. XD
    But my very first game still remains unknown. It may have been Mario 1 because I loved to play that game. My mom's game was Mario 2 (couldn't get into that one) and my sister's game was Mario 3 (I eventually got into it)
    I have a very deep history in technology.

Years
    EmeraldSky said:
    Another 80's child present....but I bet none you guys still have a working NES...complete with Mario, Zelda, and all those other classics!
    To tell you the truth... I do still have a working NES, complete with the Mario and Zelda games, some classics and Mega Man 1-6 to boot. ^^

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    GBA was my first system *very embarrassing* and I bought Pok?mon Crystal for it ^^

[Now of course I have a GCN, DS, SP, NES XD]

Back