• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Video Game

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
    Years
    I don't exactly remember... since I started when I was 4/5, and I think it was Mario Bros. on the original Nintendo, or maybe Super Mario Bros. 3 on the original Nintendo. My first Playstation game was Spyro the Dragon, and my first Gameboy game was Pokemon Blue, then Green.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I think I recieved all my NES games on the same day when I was around three-ish, so I don't remeber which one I opened up or playd first. But they were: Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, Tetris, Blades of Steel, and some Seaseme Street game.

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
    Well everything is a blur when I was really young playing these games, I have more but they're probably missing in the back-back shed... but at least I found 4 and I just checked the dates on the games themselves.
    4)Donkey Kong (Atari/1983)
    3)Pacman (Atari/1983)
    2)Munch Man (TI-99/1981 - It was shaped differently and when I searched it says it was for this system so maybe I have it without knowing it or maybe it was one of my former neighbours where I use to play these games. *shrugs*)
    1)NHL Hockey (Intelevision/1979)
    I was playing that NHL Hockey not too long ago and that's some crazy stuff I was playing when I was a child, lol.

Orange_Flaaffy

Crystal Bell Keeper
    Years
    If computers count I would say Oregon Trail and Reader Rabbit at school on an Apple II.
    If not, my first would ether be Pitfall or Adventure for the Atari 2600 (yes, it was old even when I was tiny).
    Then as far as NES goes, my firsts were Super Mario Bros and Disney's The Little Mermaid played at a friends house...

Last edited:

Kratos

ghostofsparta
    Years
    • Age 33
    • HFIL
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    Well I don't really have it my uncle does it is pong. I didn't believe it at first either....The oldest game I have Donkey Kong wich came out 1983.

Kratos

ghostofsparta
    Years
    • Age 33
    • HFIL
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    I think it may have been Primal Rage. For Sega Genesis. I loved that game...to bad it got stolen from me.

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    the oldest game that I still have is Sonic The Hedgehog 2 for Sega Genesis. My nintendo was broken, but we should've kept it. I miss it. He had loads of games for it, too ;_;

mvtm

Years
    My first game was Turrican I & II , for the AMIGA Comodore 1084, they which was awesome!!!, it was of a space cadet something like that.

I also played some Intellivision games aswell as Ataris , but all the mentioned above where of my brothers.

For the PC i think my first was Read with Me 1 & 2 and Duke Nukem.

And for a video game console , would be Mortal Kombat Sub-Zero Mythologies for the n64 which sucked..and it was so awful.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 28, 2005
    My first Video game was the original Sonic the Hedgehog 3 for Sega Genises.

But I sortta got a bundle of games. But it was the first one I played

Jolty-kun

Years
    Kenshin11212 said:
    the oldest game that I still have is Sonic The Hedgehog 2 for Sega Genesis. My nintendo was broken, but we should've kept it. I miss it. He had loads of games for it, too ;_;

Wow, the oldest was sonic 2 for you?, I cant beleive you missed out 1 XD, Sonic 1 was my first game, I got it for my secojnd birthday =P, and I thought it was against the rules to play a console game under 2 XD

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Some Simpsons game, IIRC.

Jolty-Kun said:
    Wow, the oldest was sonic 2 for you?, I cant beleive you missed out 1 XD, Sonic 1 was my first game, I got it for my secojnd birthday =P, and I thought it was against the rules to play a console game under 2 XD
    ...I seriously can't see what you're laughing at. o_o;

<3

Last edited:
    Years
    My first video game was...oh geez, I honestly can't remember. It was most likely either Super Mario Bros or Legend of Zelda, for the NES. Or it could have been one of a few other games...I was four or five at the time, my memory from then isn't the best.

Of all the old games I could've possibly played first, though, I only have my copy of Super Mario Bros still around...maybe. My collection of NES games has been scattered around the house, some have gone missing (like my copies of both NES Zelda games...they were the gold cartridges, too), and I can't even play my actual NES anymore, as it's missing the power cord.

Back