• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    This game is really making me question the rates in the Friend Safari now. Went to catch some good IVed Swannas yesterday, and first step was a shiny Rufflet. Yet after that I ran around for a good 2-3 hours in the grass, nothing more.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 11, 2014
    I have: A FLYGON (traded for shiny dragonite), a clawitzer, a basculin, a gorebyss, a huntail, relicanth, a stoutland and a politoad

Years
  • I've been on the hunt for an Aftermath Garbador, and the first Pokemon I run into in the one Poison Friend Safari is a shiny Garbador. :P

1109131507a.jpg

1109131512b.jpg

Alas, she is not an Aftermath. She has 31 IVs in Defense and Sp. Defense, but she has horrible IVs in Speed, so I won't be using her.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    There's got to be something Shiny rates in the Friend Safaris. First day I was messing around in them I found a shiny Dwebble. Yesterday I caught a shiny Ditto.
    I'd post pics if I could - didn't know you had to have 15 posts.

Rain

Years
  • I found my first shiny the day after I got the game - a shiny yanma in a horde battle. I also got a shiny scatterbug from GTS. :) Those are my only two shinies so far.
    I've been trying to Masuda Method a shiny Espurr, as well as checking the Friend Safari for one, but I haven't had much luck with either method. :c

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I started a Skiddo chain two days ago and was pretty nervous about advancing the chain, but today at 6:12PM with a chain of roughly 36 I found a shiny male Skiddo. :D I'm at a chain of 72 now trying to find another shiny (yes, I know the chances capped at 40). I wish I had a better camera...

JIGTlfn.png

Years
  • i hatched a mm shiny eevee in 4 eggs just did 150 eggs of honeedge and decided it wasnt worth it so ganna try to shine one from a wonder trade and breed that

Burritoburger

Shiny Hunter/Trader
    Years
  • I've been shiny hunting a lot and have found a shiny Skiddo and a shiny Croagunk.
    Funny thing about the Croagunk, I got him after only after a chain of 15.
    It was pretty lucky, I guess.

I started a Skiddo chain two days ago and was pretty nervous about advancing the chain, but today at 6:12PM with a chain of roughly 36 I found a shiny male Skiddo. :D I'm at a chain of 72 now trying to find another shiny (yes, I know the chances capped at 40). I wish I had a better camera...

JIGTlfn.png
    This may or may not be true, but I don't think you can get two shiny Pokemon on the same chain.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Skiddo chain broke at 79 from a Gulpin. It was an edge patch, bah.

I was catching some normal Skiddo along the way after reading that chained Pokemon will have 2-3 perfect stats. However, the person who realized this didn't find a second shiny after chaining 100+. Either catching resets the odds again or you really only can get one shiny per chain. Anyways, here's my results on their flawless IVs. Weird how the Skiddo right before my chain ended had no perfect stats. It was dooming me, hah. or I just mixed them up in the box, i dunno

Edit: idk what happened but my skiddo in the box were out of order (going by dates all 11/9 with one being 11/10, but he has three perfects, and gulpin being 11/10) so who knows when I caught the lame skiddo. My 3ds clock is still one hour ahead.

167t8op.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2013
    I got myself a random Gurdurr not too long ago, EV trained and kind of played with it. Evolved to Conkeldurr and I'm not impressed with it past the fact that it is shinny.

Munchlax11

Munch?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • USA
    • Seen Feb 15, 2014
    I've got 3 shiny Relicanth.... still hunting Clawitzer.... traded one of them for a shiny Dragalge though! :D

Years
  • I've got lots of shiny Claunchers Munchlax, (three at the moment) I wouldn't mind a shiny Skrelp. :)

Right now I'm hunting a shiny Clefki via Horde Battling, I hope to see him/her soon!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ugh. All this fish chaining business is such a slap in the face for shiny hunters. Most of us work hard and put hours into our shinies but that's just so dumbed down now, when you can find one easily within an hour with the pokeradar or fish chaining.
    Still searching for my first shiny...!

in all of my years of playing pokemon, and i've played since blue,
    i have never once encountered a shiny in the wild
    and i have also tried for years with masuda methods and never had any luck
    and i'm /still/ trying masuda method for an espurr in this gen [800 eggs so far, haha... ha...]
    and i have been very patient. u vu

so i don't know, i was kind of happy that they gave us a way to get some shinies.
    i caught my first ever shiny a few days ago--a shiny gyrados
    and i was so excited!!!

so yeah while it's a little easier to find them now,
    it's nice for people like me who never got to own one before.
    besides, it's all fish pokemon. :p
    other types are much harder to find.

that being said i've been in the friend safari for hours now
    no luck for me.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I traded my Shiny Shelmet for a Shiny CLAUNCHER! I love Clauncher! Thanks Alejandro(?)

It even has a modest nature!

If only the IVs were rock bottom!!

NRG

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2015
    The only shiny I've ever had was the red gyarados in Gold.

Years
  • I think it's good that they made it possible (it's still very rare though) to at least SEE a shiny now, because before, you had to be extremely lucky to get one or spend all your time looking for it.

I couldn't even dream of trying to make my own shiny team before.

Now I'm hunting shinies, it's not easy at all, but it's really rewarding in the end.

Plus there's a lot of ways to go about it, I'm trying to test them all.

So even if someone doesn't like chain fishing or using the Pokeradar (I personnally still suck at this) you could always have a lot of random encounters, like in the first generations.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2014
    So, I just caught a shiny Mankey, but I don't really like Fighting type pokemon :\ Anybody have a female Vulpix they wanna trade for?? I'll love you forever!!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I haven't encountered a single frikkin shiny in this gen. Been trying to breed one, with a japanese ditto
    I've always, always, always wanted a shiny Umbreon since Umbreon came out. I also want a shiny Charizard. -cries-

Back