• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Greatest Gaming Achievement

Years
    Sorry if there is a thread but checked the three pages and didn't see one. :D

Whether it be completing a difficult solo mode, finding a really rare item, reaching a really high level on a xp-based game or even getting an actual 'achievement' on xbox/steam/ps3, what do you think is your greatest gaming achievement?

I think my greatest achievement would be on Football Manager (Yes, I always talk about football games but it probably is my best achievement) when I beat Chelsea with Middlesbrough 8-0. Anyone who knows the respective ability of these teams will know the difficulty of managing that.

Other than that, it was probably completing games on PS2 when I was younger as I used to be absolutely terrible at most games.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    Maybe my greatest gaming achievement was in Romance of The Three Kingdom X. In that game I managed to beat 100.000 troops only with 20.000 troops without damage.
    In that game 10.000 troops mean you have 1 unit controllable, so it's like 2 vs 10, and it's hard to keep the distance with enemy.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Way back when I was younger and had lots of time to kill I didn't a few single-sitting playthroughs.

I'm quite proud of those. Ocarina of Time, Banjo-Kazooie, and Paper Mario

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Beating Pokemon Sapphire for the first time. The battle against Steven was hard, but I managed to get through.

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
    In Super Smash Bros. Melee, I beat Giga Bowser (not the event) after beating Adventure mode in a certain time frame and difficulty.

Years
    Usually I'm a coward about climbing the difficulty levels of games and get satisfied by stomping the AI on low ones, but I did manage to get myself to play Heroes of Might and Magic III on the highest diff., and I did win. Well, I did get an isolated start where the first enemy contact was made after three months (a time where many games are decided, even on the largest map size), which negated the AI's immense resource advantage a lot since it meant that instead of getting rushed by a richer AI, I could quietly build up and ended up being only half a week behind on creatures. I also got all level 4 spells (not the highest level, but a very efficient one that also holds two game breakers) from a box that could also have given me something minor like 10000 Gold. So, lots of luck, but I did get my win, actually it was extremely easy that way. If I'd dare to try it again, I'd probably get insta-steamrolled. Or at least I think so.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Not quite sure... possibly the Mile High Club mission on Veteran in CoD4. That was one of the most difficult things I've ever had to do in a video game lol.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    My new greatest achievement is beating Brock's Onix in Red with a Spearow. This obviously outclasses any battles I had on Shoddy, any Elite Four battles, Battle Frontier, you name it. Spearow > Everything

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Defeating Odin on Final Fantasy XIII

I was so happy. ;___; I just had to run and tell Sydian! >O

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
    My greatest gaming achievement came when I was playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012: The Master on the PS3 only yesterday.

I was playing a round of golf at the Costa Navarino and I will bullet point the success I had at this course.

- I started it off with a hole in one at the 5th hole which was a par 3.
    - What happened next was awesome. I made a hole in one at the very next hole which was a very short par 4. The green was reachable to anyone with lots of swing power.
    - I made a double eagle on a par 5, 12th hole.
    - I made two eagle from the fairway on two par 4's. 13th & 15th.
    - To end it off, I putted in an eagle on the last hole, a par 5.

I was really surprised as to how well and how lucky I was in one round of golf. Never again will the likes of that be seen again.

What also surprised me was getting two consecutive hole in ones. Scary stuff.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
    Beating Super Meat Boy. 5000+ Deaths (Don't you just love it when the game keeps a death count on hand?), a LOT of memorization, and on the final boss I had a least 2 or 3 moments where I'm sure I just got past with luck.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
    Made a challenge of sorts for some of my favorite games some time ago

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
    - no collecting heart pieces, or heart containers.
    - so beat the game with ONLY the three starting hearts
    - challenge took eight months of 'casual' play

A friend said I should next challenge myself in Wind Waker by NOT using the sail...

Years
    The first time I ever got a city over 500,000 in a medium tile in Sim City 4. That's no small achievement when going for a realistic look.

That's my greatest achievement, in my opinion. Cities are easy to get that large after you get the first one done.

Years
    Its a tie between getting a LV 100 team on my Pokemon Emerald (I'm usually to lazy to get them all to that level xD) or the fact that i finished Super Mario Bros on a NES emulator in under 10 minutes!!! :D
    It actually took me four hours (multiple tries) but I was so happy when I did that I ran around and told EVERYONE.

hazard master

Self Proclaimed Genius
    Years
    My best acheivement would have to be on NFS Carbon when I beat the boss guy who drives an AUDI. I was using the Viper, not the Corvette, not the Mcclaren, the Viper. 20+ tries.

Anyone who has played NFS Carbon should know that the boss guy is near impossible, unless you're a canyon duel master like myself... :)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    My best acheivement would have to be on NFS Carbon when I beat the boss guy who drives an AUDI. I was using the Viper, not the Corvette, not the Mcclaren, the Viper. 20+ tries.

Anyone who has played NFS Carbon should know that the boss guy is near impossible, unless you're a canyon duel master like myself... :)

OH ****, I forgot about that. That took me FOREVER to beat, I raged so many times haha. Canyon tracks were some of the coolest though, for sure. If I remember right, I beat him with my Ford GT... man I love that car. I was so uber happy when I saw the R8 unlocked in the cars list, shame you couldn't customize it. Anyways, I definitely agree that it's near impossible to beat him. You've got to outspeed and outmaneuver him right around the beginning and be able to stay ahead of him. That's what I did at least. :P

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    quickly

My greatest gaming achievement was finishin pokemon heart gold in 2 days

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    My greatest achievement in gaming was reaching gold cap in WoW back in BC when it was actually hard.

Years
    My greatest gaming achievement was from Halo: Reach on the xbox 360. It was an xbox achievement
    I think it was called "If they hear me beg" or something like that.
    I had to jump down from a cliff and assassinate an elite. If I got my jump wrong, I either died or assassinated a stupid grunt.

It took five tries for me to get it while it took my sister one -_- some people are so lucky lol

Darkfox1525

God in the arts of Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    My greatest gaming achievement was from Persona 3 FES, and it was on hard difficulty. I beat Nyx Avatar WITHOUT using a soma, and with kinda sucky persona's. That, my friends, is harder then it sounds....T_T

Back