• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your most rage inducing moment

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I just started playing Pokemon Fire red again, and had what I might say is the biggest Poke-disappointment of my career... I ran into a shiny Pidgey before getting any Pokeballs. It was literally my first wild Pokemon encounter and I have NO WAY to catch it... ASDFSK

So what has happened to you in your Pokemon career that has made you almost (or literally) rage quit?

Elincia

Arisa Gracia: Protagonist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2016
    Pokemon Silver: when you catch Raikou and your data corrupts. ._.

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Pokemon y-caught mewtwo with 1 dusk ball then found roaming moltres on first wild encounter and my game cartridge suddenly pops out of my DS >.<

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    It as to be first time I did a nuzlocke and missed high jump kick and lost my nuzlocke.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I just started playing Pokemon Fire red again, and had what I might say is the biggest Poke-disappointment of my career... I ran into a shiny Pidgey before getting any Pokeballs. It was literally my first wild Pokemon encounter and I have NO WAY to catch it... ASDFSK

So what has happened to you in your Pokemon career that has made you almost (or literally) rage quit?

Mine is very similar. I ran into a shiny Sneasel in LeafGreen, but had no Pokeballs. Omg, I wanted to cry. Sneasel is one of my favorite shinies too :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've had plenty of raging moments, but the most recent would be in Pokémon Y, when I had encountered a shiny Litleo and accidentally ended up making it faint. xD" When attacking, it turned into a critical hit. If it wasn't for that, I definitely would've captured it.

ShineyEevee

Is the umbreon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2014
    I encountered two legendaries in pokemon black 2 and I made both of them faint and ugh I hated that I also threw my ds down one time and hadn't saved at all and when I threw it onto the bed it magically shut off and I had to completly had to restart everything

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I ran into a wild Haunter in Victory Road in Pokémon X, and I was about to train one of my Pokémon but it was slow enough to let Haunter use Destiny Bond first. Knowing that my Pokémon will OHKO it straight away, I soft-reset the game just before my Pokémon's move hits Haunter.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I played a Nuzlocke for a whole day straight on a sped up Emerald Emulator and was 7 badges in. Saved and went to sleep. It was one of my first times using an emulator and I ended up saving the wrong way :/. I've never done good on a Nuzlocke since.

Rapture11

All about Battle Spot <3
    Years
  • In pokemon White, trying to get a Timid Thundurus. I keep using quick balls to try to catch it, fail and it flees each time with low HP and a burn, and had to go back and forth through the Route just for it to appear again, I really wanted to cheat to get master balls but nah. It was flippin hard lol. I ended up with a Quirky Thundurus anyways and not a Timid one. Also pokemon that I have to trade to evolve that I want when I have no one to trade with or no second 3DS for it, it gets so annoying >.>

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    In Pokemon Showdown. My Bellossom didn't land a single status effect. Missed every time.

My opponent's Bellossom hit every time -.-

Infernape

fire power!
    Years
  • Facing Whitney and her miltank in Gold and Heart Gold. Every time I get it down to red health, she uses a super potion and rollout is practically a 1HKO by then.

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
    Years
  • "Battle Factory"

it's the only facility I've never gotten the Gold symbol for and it's to do with the planets seemingly aligning together at perfect points to ensure that Quick Claw Guillotine Pinsir manages to OHKO every single pokemon without being hit. This is worse is gen 5 when his animation looks like he's flexing up and down like "yeah I'm awesome" aaaaa

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Fighting Eldes in Pokémon XD. I was young and didn't know much about the mechanics of the game. It was the hardest battle I've ever had.

Years
  • The most rage-inducing moment for me was accidentally running from a shiny Boldore in Twist Mountain in Black, it would have made a nice addition because those blue crystals look really cool.

However, I did make up for it by nabbing a shiny Drilbur in the Chargestone Cave, who's now a proud pink-colored Excadrill.

Years
  • This applies to every game since the Gen 2. Those moves that delay the inevitable. Like Aegislash's King's Shield. You know, those moves that do absolutely nothing but prevent 1 attack. I could understand 2 turns worth of invincibility being a useful move. But only 1 turn is just avoiding the inevitable. It's frustrating because you know most of the time that they will attack the next time so all they did was delay your attack. And in my case, this is delaying the one-hit KO. It really annoys me.

mameshiba

Creepy Purple Zordon
    Years
  • My most rage inducing moment is when I almost completed a solo run with Blastoise in leafgreen without dying, but then Gary's Pidgey kept on sand attacking me, and I ended rolling misses every single time. I ended losing because I couldn't hit anything.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    This applies to every game since the Gen 2. Those moves that delay the inevitable. Like Aegislash's King's Shield. You know, those moves that do absolutely nothing but prevent 1 attack. I could understand 2 turns worth of invincibility being a useful move. But only 1 turn is just avoiding the inevitable. It's frustrating because you know most of the time that they will attack the next time so all they did was delay your attack. And in my case, this is delaying the one-hit KO. It really annoys me.

This! Protect and Detect are the worst moves ever when an AI uses them! I can see why they're good when the opponent uses Fly, Dig or any other 2 turn move, but the AI uses them for nothing, and is very irritating!

Back