• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your oldest surviving Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Well, I got Pokemon Ruby Version on launch day in America back in March 2003 (I was 10) and picked Mudkip as my starter. I used it on my team for that entire game, eventually evolving it all the way to a Swampert. After a long while I got the urge to restart my Ruby and play again but before I did I transfered my Swampert to Emerald. Later, when I got Diamond, I transferred it over to there and then to Platinum, then to HeartGold. Finally, it is now residing in my Black Version, fully trained, multiple ribbons, level 100.

The original save file of Ruby that my Swampert came from has long since been deleted but it still survives. This is a concept that I think makes the Pokemon series completely unique and honestly pretty amazing. I've had this Pokemon for nearly 10 years, in 6 different games. I really do hope that eventually remakes of Ruby and Sapphire will come out so I can trade Swampert over there and get him back to Hoenn. I mean how crazy is that to think about? Having a Pokemon being put back into a remake of the game it originally came from over a decade earlier?

I think it's really sad that they were never able to get R/B/Y/G/S/C to connect with Gen III but regardless, Swampert is my oldest/longest used Pokemon! What's yours?

Edit: I do have my first Crystal Version save from way back in the day (Meganium, Feraligatr, Typhlosion, Lugia, Arcanine, Red Gyarados). I don't have a Game Boy to play it on anymore so I haven't played it in years.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Probably stuff from old 03/04 Ruby and Sapphire files that I have on Emerald. I don't like to migrate, so they'll probably just stay on that game tbh. But that's a lot of stuff, so I don't know what specifically there is. I'm sure Blaziken is one of them, haha.

Punnagg

Advanced Spriter
    Years
    well mine is an Espeon lv.87 who was in my gold and still rules there.
    I go again and again to elite 4 and red just to hav fun with them. :laugh:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    My Leaf Green Blastiose, received as my first Pokemon as a Squirtle back in 2004 in that game. But pretty much my original play-through team in that game is still intact; it's just that it was the first member of my team :P

I have no idea where my Sapphire game is, and I have a feeling the team in there isn't original and is a save file started after LG. And the internal battery is dead in all the games older than that.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I've got a level 88 Milotic and Level 64/66 Blaziken on Sapphire since 2005 or something, that's pretty old IMO ;3!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    My oldest Pokes on me are my Charizard, Exeggutor, and Electabuzz now Electivire, all from my Fire Red game back in 2008. My Charizard's easily one of my strongest Pokemon if not my strongest period.

BlaqJester

Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2013
    I have a Blaziken that I've had since 7th grade it isn't on my black yet but since reading this post Ill do it tonight. Thank you nostalgia

EarthWolfblade

Returning breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    My Charizard, which was used in a solo run and gotten to lv100 on leaf green, sent to ruby, sent to emerald, then sent to diamond then to soul silver then to black.
    It currently holds a special place in my heart as my favorite pokemon in my black version.

pknight96

Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism
    Years
    I take pride in saying that my very first pokemon is still alive. I got Pokemon Ruby for my birthday in 2003. I started with my Treecko. After beating almost the entire Pokemon League by himself, I got FireRed. And from there, Emerald. Then Pearl, Platinum, Heartgold, White, and finally, Black. And soon, he'll go to White 2. I have had him since 2003, nearly ten years. He's been to every exsisting region. Only in Pokemon, could this ever happen. Treecko, Grovyle, and Sceptile... they will always be Number 1 in my heart.

TheFallenUmbreon

Dreams shall never fall...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    My oldest and most used Pokemon is Rayquaza. When I was about 8, I got the game Pokemon Emerald. I picked Torchic as my starter, and as time went by, it grew to lv 80. I started getting bored and decided to train my Rayquaza. A few months later, it was fully trained to lv 100 and with all the ribbons in Pokemon emerald. I then learned about the cloning Pokemon hack (in the battle frontier) and copied it once. I then got more Pokemon games and at the end, I now have a Rayquaza, full friendship, Almost all the ribbons, and with the best moves I could teach. However, my Rayquaza days are now gone...and he has been sitting in my PC for about a year or 2.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Sadly, it is my Servine I've had for only three months. Pitiful, I know.
    I used to have a Gardevoir and Metagross both on level 78, and they lived for over five years, being traded and transferred from game to game, until one day I decided "lol i can make another".
    God was I stupid. I miss them. ;;

blackmorale

風の行方
    Years
    Sadly, none of my old Pokemon games survived. My oldest surviving Pokemon is my starter in Diamond, Infernape. I played it back in 2008/2009, and brought it over to Platinum.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Lv 100 Mewtwo on Blue version. I believe it's the only critter I've ever trained to Lv100, but it's probably the result of a significant amount of Rare Candies as opposed to hard graft.

Limanya

Page of Breath
    Years
    Hm, my oldest Pokemon is my Infernape, but together with my Staraptor and Alakazam it comes in second place for most used. The first place goes to Luxray, who i trained to level 43 in Pearl, then i trained it to level 67 in SoulSilver. I then used it for a few days only for Pokeathlon, but then i started using it again.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2022
    A Jolteon, naturally, who resides in Crystal. 10 years old.

Pokémon: Jolteon / Eon T
    Type: Electric, M
    Level: 100
    MoveSet: ShadowBall / Thunderbolt / Double Kick / Thunder

::: Stats :::
    HP: 329
    Atk 228
    Def: 198
    Sp. Atk: 298
    Sp. Def: 268
    Speed: 356

Your oldest surviving Pokemon?