• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
Years
  • lol okay before i go on about how musharna is the bomb, let me just say this:

if there's one thing you need to know about me, it's that i'm unpredictable. :D one day you're my fave person, the next just seeing your face makes me want to stab it.

...okay, not that unpredictable. but i'm certainly volatile / change direction quickly / can turn around 360 degrees in the blink of an eye.

Anyways, why is that relevant?

Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Musharna, a Pokemon I swore to despise the minute I saw it. It is a floating tapir, the lovechild of Hypno and Grumpig, two of my fave Psychics. So of course I have every reason to hate it. And its design wasn't very appealing either, so I just hated the damn thing for no reason.

And since yesterday... I like it. XD It was like an inception-moment. Suddenly I felt like taking a closer look at this thing and somehow I came to see it differently last night and now I caught one and I'm training it, lolo. As it turns out, the thing is a mini-Wobbuffet.

Nothing is too remarkable about Musharna, except Telepathy.

Psychic!Alien gets it, but he's better off with Analyze. Gardevoir learns it as well, as does Medicham, but they're both better off with their old abilities of Trace and Pure Power, respectively. Finally, Wobbuffet gets it, but it cannot attack, and unlike Musharna, Wobbu is a one-trick pony. He can only do one thing and he does it well, but that's that. The legendary dragon trio of Hoenn all have Telepathy, but they're gonna be in Ubers where Musharna won't be found. Giratina (A) gets the most use out of it.

So essentially our dream-loving tapir pogey is the best user of Telepathy in all the land. With access to Moonlight and the RestTalk combo (now rare) it's well equipped defensively, and it has access to Thunder Wave to fix its piss-poor speed (as well as access to Trick Room which he makes good use of), and with better defenses than Ranculus and access to two Sleep-inducing moves (Hypnosis, now back with 70% acc., and Yawn, which will almost always force switches), Musharna is not bad at all indeed. Finally, Musharna gets Magic Coat which reflects back a bunch of stuff now, as well as the move Helping Hand, which may not seem so good, but when you take into account that Musharna won't take damage from your Swampert's Earthquake all the while powering it up before it hits, you can see how the little tapir has got some merit, right?

Anyways, enough babbling. Yes, I like Musharna now. No, I still don't care about that psychic bat thing. >:3

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
  • What do you guys think about this one?

I think it's OK i guess. STAB Sweep Slap with a Silk Scarf while having the Skill Link ability would do mortal damage...

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • Man, This gen is awesome when it comes to Pokemon.
    At first, I hated most of them, especially the starter evolutions.
    Now, I love almost all of the like 98% of them.
    The 2% I dispise Includes Maggyo that stupid flattened fish(WTF GF that fish is SOO UGLY!!!), Hiyakkie,Tabunne, Iwaparesu, Dasutodasu, Oobemu, & Barujiina.

My absolute faves now are: Jalorda, Emboar (I love him now it was just the overused Fire/Fighting typing that was stopping me from judging him fairly), Gigaiath, Doryuusu, Waruvial, Zoroark, Ononokusu, Wargle and wayyyy more!

This gen is seriously awesome I can't wait till Spring 2010 (I HATE WAITING!!!!).

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • At first I thought it ruined Koromori but.. wow the Sugimori art turned me right around, it's defs a suitable Golbat replacement to me. :D

Yes I think it is an even better Golbat replacement. I can't wait to see what the future Crobat replacement will be!

anyone think this will get a male evolution? Seeing as it is like the new Kirlia, I wonder if she will get a "Galllade evo"

I like Chillarmy xoax I think she is rather cute regardless how much she looks like her pre evolution.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • i love the new pokemon. i love the different type combinations and zany designs of some of them. is it just me or is there a lot of bug types in this generation?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

Yes I think it is an even better Golbat replacement. I can't wait to see what the future Crobat replacement will be!

anyone think this will get a male evolution? Seeing as it is like the new Kirlia, I wonder if she will get a "Galllade evo"

I really didn't see it as that type of Pokemon, but now that you mention it...I really hope it does get a more masculine looking evolution in the future.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    So I've been looking at Doredia for sometime now as a possible addition for my team and the more I look at it the more I think it looks like a combination of Princess Peach and Roselia or Roserade.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Wait, Gochiruzeru isn't male-only? Ew.

And... Doredia has turned out to be really popular, which is surprising, though I like it, which is good for Doredia? XD /prefers Churine

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    The thing with Churine, Doredia, & quite a few of the new pokémon is that they look like redone versions of previous gen pokes.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Eh, Doreida can't touch Roserade if you ask me... it's a little too lamb(ish) looking.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Design-wise, I think Doreria surpasses Roserade. But, eh, different strokes for different blokes.

Different strokes... Sorry, but now you got me singing that catchy song! :P

Anyway, this Doredia Pokemon looks beautifully designed. Now Bellossom just looks like a cheap Fakemon attempt to match it, since their color schemes are so much alike... :t182: No offense, Bellossom! Roserade still looks different enough from Doredia to be unique, IMO...it still provides a sense/air of mystery about it. :)

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I haven't seen many people talk about this guy.

I wanted to hear all your views about him. He may not seem special at first, but then you look at his abilitys. Bibarel is no longer the only fully evolved pokemon that has access to Simple. This guy now also gets it trough the dream world. His boosting moves are Amnesia and Calm Mind. Calm Mind coupled with Simple could make this guy a potential sweeper (altough watch out for revenge killers).

So what do you think about him?
    After I first saw Kokoromori's sprite, I didn't like the species as a whole because of how...derpy it looked. I developed a respect for it when I saw its competitive strategies (buffed up Calm Minds thanks to Simple) as well as its Sugimori artwork. I still like Crobat better.
    What do you guys think about this one?

I think it's OK i guess. STAB Sweep Slap with a Silk Scarf while having the Skill Link ability would do mortal damage...
    As for this one: it's just a Chillarmy with more fur. But Technician-boosted Sweep Slaps, Bullet Seeds and Rock Blasts do hurt. They're also just as painful when Chillachino has Skill Link.
    So I've been looking at Doredia for sometime now as a possible addition for my team and the more I look at it the more I think it looks like a combination of Princess Peach and Roselia or Roserade.

This one seems...okay to me. I like how it doesn't confuse itself after using Petal Dance thanks to Own Tempo.

Years
  • So I've been looking at Doredia for sometime now as a possible addition for my team and the more I look at it the more I think it looks like a combination of Princess Peach and Roselia or Roserade.

From a battling perspective, you'd want one. Own Tempo prevents confusion from the now beefed-up Petal Dance (120 base power), and it has the Butterfly Dance move to boost SpA, SpD, and Speed by one stage everytime you use it. It's quite good. And cute. :3

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I also think that the new "Bellosom/ Roserade" is quite cute and seems way more powerful than the other two...though roserade does have two types unlike this new grass beauty, but then again Poison isn't as helpful to have a secondary type on a grass pokemon sadly so I guess this one is "better"

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I still prefer Bellossom. :x Doredia may be nice, but not every Pokemon can replace the classics (though some I'm glad replace the older Pokemon anyway).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I still prefer Bellossom. :x Doredia may be nice, but not every Pokemon can replace the classics (though some I'm glad replace the older Pokemon anyway).
    For me it's a tie I like the classics but I also like this new one it's because this new one is more colorful(I like color) but bellossom looks more natural ( I like natural looks).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    That's true, but either way, I still prefer them to Roserade. XD; Churine looks like a much better Oddish and Roselia though, so that's...good? :D

Years
  • I still prefer Bellossom. :x Doredia may be nice, but not every Pokemon can replace the classics (though some I'm glad replace the older Pokemon anyway).

This is true. I'd like to see a dog Pokemon capable of rivaling Arcanine. It won't happen. xD Not by a long shot.

I prefer Doredia over Bellossom, mostly because of its better stats, but I still love me some Bellossom. :DD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back