• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I was really surprised to discover that none of them learn AuraSphere but they dont... I figured they'd learn as many non physical fighting type moves possible.

SuperiorCat

トウコ
    Years
    I don't know why people hate on the Musketeer Trio so much, or the Nimbus/Genie trio... they are certainly more exciting than the Lake Trio of Sinnoh or the Regi's.

I really couldn't agree more. Birijion is by far one of my favourite Pokemon of this gen. So cute. The other two are pretty sexy as well. <3

The genies really bothered me at first, they just didn't remind me of Pokemon, but I've grown to like them. Especially the Ground one.

Although, it would have been nice to see something with more flying attributes being our first pure flying type. As repetitive as birds are in the Pokemon series, I would have been more comfortable having a bird with the pure flying typing. And the flying genie's movepool really is disappointing in comparison to the other two. It looks like our pure flying type really did draw the short straw. ;-;

Genies are cool, just wish their sprites weren't copy and pasted. But ahh well~

They did something remotely similar with the Sinnoh lake trio. The positions really did look like they'd come from the same base in D/P, and then they mixed it up in Platinum and gave them slightly different poses. It wouldn't surprise me if the same thing happened in the third installment of B/W.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    I loved Gen 4, so I have no problems with them. XD

I guess that's where my sort-of disapproval of Birijion comes from; Gen. IV was Gen. IV. This is a whole new Generation, so I expected some semblance of originality-- especially with it being an almost completely cut-off Region from the rest, but I can't really approve of a Pokemon that generally uses the same, or similar look to the apparent GOD of all Pokemon. Just feels... a little unorthodox.

Which brings us to our next trio:

...or the Nimbus/Genie trio... they are certainly more exciting than the Lake Trio of Sinnoh or the Regi's.

I agree with you when it comes to the 'Musketeer Trio', but not where the 'Genies' are concerned. Its true that the Region Trios haven't been all that great since Johto's Legendary Beasts-- I for one didn't like the Regis at all, and while not as critical on the Lake Trio, I still didn't like them, either.

For me, Generation V is almost a return-to-form, in that we've got a somewhat colourful and more interesting Legendary Trio... but the copy/paste design of the Genies isn't all that great; at least for me. I probably wouldn't mind them if they weren't just slightly modified sprites of the other.

- Shandera-

There's so many new awesome ghost pokemon, and this guy has to be at the top. 145 special attack and dream world ability shadow tag? OH BOY.

Shadow Tag Shandera is ban-bait for Smogon. =P

I was really surprised to discover that none of them learn AuraSphere but they dont... I figured they'd learn as many non physical fighting type moves possible.

I actually didn't notice that... maybe it will be a Third Game addition to their movepool, then?

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Seeing as I got my Pokémon White version a week ago and haven't touched it up until yesterday, I can't judge the Pokémon based on their stats/power, rather I will post my opinion on their designs. To be honest, I actually liked this generation's art and it was certainly better than the last two generations. And like any generation, there were some ridiculously looking Pokémon in this one, which I will state now.

First, the ones I like and desire to have as part of my team would be:

Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

A crocodile. I have been dying to see a Pokémon based of a crocodile since the second generation, and finally, we have one. The design is incredible, though it needs little work on some parts, such as the head.

This is one of the few Pokémon that caught my attention when I was checking out gen V. It's a fire moth if I can 'predict' properly, and honestly, what is cooler than that? The art of this Pokémon is exceptional.

A bug/electric type Pokémon, a rather interesting combination. I like this ones design a lot, but its pre-evolution is kind of 'weird' looking, in my opinion.

Those are probably the ones I liked the most, for now. I will edit or re-post if I have more to add. The ones I hate will be later showed, since they are a lot.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    They are based on the musketeers... Odd.

This guy is pure bug. I was expecting it to be ghost type :L Anybody know what it is then. I swear it should be a ghost, look at its ugly head o_0

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    Yes, it does look like it needs another type, but w/e.

My favourite...

Smugleaf of course, easily a well designed and...

Well...

Smug badass. Smugleaf's a cool Pokemon all around.

Nothing I can say I genuinely hate. GEN V is cool like that. n_n

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021

This Pokemon is awesome... and it took a while before I started to appreciate it's design but it was simply made for battling.

Still hate it...

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    I don't like the Pokéball mushroom either. I really liked the basic evolution, and was excited to see the evo, but I was sorely disappointed and think it has lost potential.

I love these two Pokemon and after the past two days my love for them has grown drastically. [OFF TOPIC STORY BUT ABOUT ALIENS/UFO's] On Tuesday night my mom and I were on the highway on our way to my aunts house when I look up and see a very light blue light zipping in the sky but when a shooting star would have faded quickly, this thing stops and disappears faster than anything EVER. I was freaking out and my mom looked at me like I was crazy! I tell my aunt and she tells me that there was a conference on CNN about UFO's that SAME DAY! I watched it and it freaked me out... what a coincidence. Then, later that night I discover that there were many similar sightings in Texas that night... Now I am obsessed with these two Pokemon lol
    Regarding these, I'm sadly disappointed. I love UFOs and the like, and the first evolution caught my attention. It's perfectly designed as far as I'm concerned; the colour, the eyes, etc. ...

...But then in the evolution they change all of those things, plus give it a dress. Kind of ruins it for me.

Last edited:

Sotto Voce

woohoo!!
    Years
    I like the cell pokemon--I think it really is different and creative. And cute. :3

But I have a question: What's up with the oddly-high-leveled evolutions? Like lv. 57 or 65, etc.
    For someone who just liked to raise their pokemon to lv. 50 and leave them like that, it's terribly disappointing... :/

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I don't like the Pokéball mushroom either. I really liked the basic evolution, and was excited to see the evo, but I was sorely disappointed and think it has lost potential.

Regarding these, I'm sadly disappointed. I love UFOs and the like, and the first evolution caught my attention. It's perfectly designed as far as I'm concerned; the colour, the eyes, etc. ...

...But then in the evolution they change all of those things, plus give it a dress. Kind of ruins it for me.

I agree, the second form of the alien kinda takes away what made it an obvious alien Pokemon but it still looks alien to me. And its body to me looks like a Soviet Russian type coat, which just makes me think of WWII, which is when UFO sightings were crazy common, and people associate them with Nazi Germany and such. Heres a pic:

Spoiler:

Umbrella

Rihanna's The Queen, You Mad?
    Years
    I didn't like the mushroom's evo either until I saw how small it was. It barely grew in size lol. It just got uglier. Which is not bad because we have a lot of ugly Pokemon that people love o so much. Like that red croc.

Years
    They are based on the musketeers... Odd.

This guy is pure bug. I was expecting it to be ghost type :L Anybody know what it is then. I swear it should be a ghost, look at its ugly head o_0

Honestly, I was thinking it would be Bug/Dark. I mean... it's a ninja, right? xD
    Even though I'm not sure if ninja's are necessarily evil... :x

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I didn't like the mushroom's evo either until I saw how small it was. It barely grew in size lol. It just got uglier. Which is not bad because we have a lot of ugly Pokemon that people love o so much. Like that red croc.

It's small? And I do like the first form of the Mushroom. It looks like if you pick one up it'll turn around and spray you with deadly spores from that cute little mouth it has. The second is just too much Pokeball...

Honestly, I was thinking it would be Bug/Dark. I mean... it's a ninja, right? xD
    Even though I'm not sure if ninja's are necessarily evil... :x

Ninja's are known to use shadows as cover so yeah... not evil but dark. I'm glad it's pure bug, and i love how it uses the skin of the other bug to make those cloths.

Last edited:

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

It's small? And I do like the first form of the Mushroom. It looks like if you pick one up it'll turn around and spray you with deadly spores from that cute little mouth it has. The second is just too much Pokeball...

It's not... it's actually a lot bigger than it's pre-evolution. I'm not sure where Umbrella got the size from...

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years

I agree, the second form of the alien kinda takes away what made it an obvious alien Pokemon but it still looks alien to me. And its body to me looks like a Soviet Russian type coat, which just makes me think of WWII, which is when UFO sightings were crazy common, and people associate them with Nazi Germany and such. Heres a pic:

Spoiler:
    Considering how much I love the Soviets; you've made me appreciate the second form a lot more.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    LOL I have actually grown a liking to the mushroom family. I like them better than Voltorb and Electrode as they are pissing me off in Hg

Umbrella

Rihanna's The Queen, You Mad?
    Years
    It's not... it's actually a lot bigger than it's pre-evolution. I'm not sure where Umbrella got the size from...

But my point is that its still small. I got the size from Veekun. Its still tiny.

I could picture someone picking it up thinking its a pokeball and getting their hand eroded away by acid.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I think its horn/feather implies fighting or something? D:
    I don't know, but imma say it's due to the head.

Not close enough to a unicorn for me ;______;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back