• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
Years
  • seriously why are yall insulting Altaria? clearly you both dont have any idea how to use it, or youd be saying its way overpowered, my altaria is a ***** to kill cuz its got the highest defenses out of all non-uber dragons, even higher than the pseudo-legends, EV it in defenses, & it aint dying anytime soon,combine that with natural cure, bam, both poison& burn became useless
    id like to see Garchomp survive an ice beam :cer_laugh: my altaria can, i dont see any other dragon types doing that :P

plus that is the retard dragon, whoever was smoking something when they made that shouldve switched that with its shiny, the shiny looks far better.

now dont insult Altaria again,or ill dust off my platinum& hand you,&your entire teams ass with her.

Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Riiight. Take a step back, and read over what you wrote.

"Altaria has the highest defenses of all non-uber Dragunz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111"

Right, because Altaria's 75/90/105 defenses really pwns Dragonite's 91/90/100, Kingdra's 75/95/95, Garchomp's 108/95/85 and Hydragon's 92/90/90.

First of all, those defenses are roughly more or less the same when added overall (i.e. Dragonite has less spDef, but more HP, and Garchomp has less spDef but more HP, etc.) so Altaria's defenses are not, in fact, significantly higher than the non-uber Dragons'. And Kingdra has the best defensive typing of them all, so with that taken into account, he actually has the better defenses if you ask me. But unlike all these dragons, Altaria has Natural Rest (and Cloud Nine via DW) which works great with Rest and Roost (Dragonite can Roost but not as effectively).

Secondly, I don't know what Pokemon game you're playing, but Altaria is far, far, faaar away from being "overpowered". What did you give yours, crack? Speed? Crystal meth? Altaria and overpowered do not belong in the same sentence unless you've haxxed an Altaria with Togekiss stats. Do tell how you got an overpowered Altaria; I'd love to get one of those.

Moreover, learn the difference between a fact and an opinion. Like other Pokemon fans, you appear to be unable to separate your liking of a Pokemon and how good that Pokemon actually is. I don't care if you have trained an Altaria since the days of RSE; Altaria isn't a bad Pokemon, but it's hardly as good as most dragons, and definitely not overpowered in any way, shape or form.

Unlike yourself, I'm perfectly capable of making distinction, which is why I happen to be an Altaria fan who's not blind to her shortcomings as a Pokemon by a rabid Twilight-esque fanatism. I have liked Altaria since I first played Ruby and Sapphire, and I must disappoint you by telling you that I know how to use her effectively.

Oh, and I highly doubt you could hand me my team's ass (or LiveWire's, for that matter) with yours, but you're more than welcome to try if/when I get WiFi.

- - - - - - - - -

Kaori said:
    Birigion's sprite approach looks very majestic and serene. It has a similar stance as Arceus; the leg positions mainly but it's still a Pokémon I'd love to encounter. I haven't seen its battle animation yet, and I should probably do that soon. :o The shiny for this pokémon fits in perfectly even though they just switched from a green fill to pink spots to a pink fill to green spots. Birijoin is my favorite out of the other two; Terakion and Kobaruon.

Hmmm, see, funnily enough, this would normally have been the case for me, but as it happens, I actually prefer Terrakion out of all three. Anyone who knows me automatically knows this is an oddity; I dislike pretty much every Rock type in existence that doesn't have a second typing that appeals to me (like Water or Grass). But for some reason, I don't really like Viridian much, and Cobalon is alright (Steel types ain't my thing either). Yet I do like Terrakion, though whether I like him enough to use him remains to be seen. XD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

• Hmmm, see, funnily enough, this would normally have been the case for me, but as it happens, I actually prefer Terrakion out of all three. Anyone who knows me automatically knows this is an oddity; I dislike pretty much every Rock type in existence that doesn't have a second typing that appeals to me (like Water or Grass). But for some reason, I don't really like Viridian much, and Cobalon is alright (Steel types ain't my thing either). Yet I do like Terrakion, though whether I like him enough to use him remains to be seen. XD
    I like Terakion over the rest of the Musketeer trio as well. He's got the most unique type combination among them. Kobaruon has Lucario's typing while Birijion has Breloom's typing. I also like how Terakion specializes more in offense (in the physical department). The other 2 have okay offensive stats, though.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I like Terakion over the rest of the Musketeer trio as well. He's got the most unique type combination among them. Kobaruon has Lucario's typing while Birijion has Breloom's typing. I also like how Terakion specializes more in offense (in the physical department). The other 2 have okay offensive stats, though.
    So the rock/Fighting one has the highest offensive stats, wow that was surprising...I was sure it was going to be defensive like most rock types...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I have now gotten use to all the new pokemon. There is still about 4 or 5 I hate but I love most of them. Fav would have to be Wargle.

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
  • Well, I figure I'd better give you a rundown of my top three favorites. I would give you my least favorites, but I love all pokemon and I can't truthfully say that I dislike any pokemon, regardless of their stats or the generation they came from.
    So without further ado, I present the best of Isshu (in my opinion)!

3rd Favorite: Oobemu
    This pokemon has an overall excellent design. From the classically alien elongated head and strange markings to the tri-colored beams on its hands, this pokemon outweighs deoxys on almost all levels of design. It is refreshing to see a completely alien-based pokemon that is not a stereotypical "little green man", although the area around the eyes is green, which does add a perfect amount of this effect. Also, I pay close attention to the genders of pokemon and it is nice to have one that is feminine enough to be female, and masculine enough to be male. I will admit that I somewhat dislike pokemon that are too far to one side- lopunny and machamp come to mind. All in all, Oobemu seems to be an excellant pokemon and so I have decided to add one to my team.

2nd Favorite: Kokoromori
    The reason I love this pokemon is because it is tough-looking enough to be respectable and cool, but adorable enough to make the audiance go "awww". It is related enough in appearance to its baby form to seem like an evolution, but different enough so that it's not one of those annoying evo's that is simply a bigger version of the basic stage. Also, in both regular and shiny form kokoromori has a stylish color scheme. Finally, I'm a sucker for the heart-shaped nose- 'nuff said.

DRUMROLL PLEASE................................................!

Favorite: Yabakuron
    Surprising, isn't it, that my favorite of all the fifth generation pokemon would not be the adorable mijumaru, the beautiful meloetta, or any of the other beautiful, cool, and cute pokemon introduced with Black and White? Truth be told, I originally didn't care much for yabakuron; I thought it was a bad idea when I first heard it described before we knew what it looked like. After I was able to see what yabakuron was like, I grew to like it more. The big-eyed gaze is simply adorable; it just makes me want to give this little guy a huge hug. But, it retains the gross sloppiness of trash that will make you think twice about that hug- a perfect compliment to it's cute face. As I read various comments about it all over the internet, I realized just how underappreciated yabakuron really is. Personally, while I like some pokemon just a little more than others, I hate none, and it really brings me down to see any pokemon offended again and again. Learning of people's hatred for yabakuron caused the little trashbag to grow on me even more until I just couldn't resist it's cute face. With an 'interesting' base, cute but cool looks, neat color scheme for both shiny and regular forms, a bad@$$ evolution, and a low and pleading stature it really is no surprise that yabakuron is my favorite of the fifth gen pokemon and high up in my list of favorite pokemon of all generations; second only to Darkrai. I hope one day that everyone will share my love for this little trashy pokemon XD.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    Alright, now after reading Devil Flamingos post i feel intersted in making a list talking about the Fighting types of this generation. I won't go into the legendarys though because i don't feel like typing that much and i don't bother much with legendarys :P

I'm pretty sure that we can all agree that this guy is an absolute monster. 140 attack stat coupled with Guts, Encourage and Iron Fist (DW) makes him a large force indeed. He's capable of delivering the most powerfull Focus Punch in he game, and when you look at his high HP and defensive bulk you can tell that this guy won't have much trouble setting up a substitute. I have to admit though, he kinda lost some cool points when i found out that he was based on an old man with two walking sticks, but that's just a minor nitpick compared to everything else he can do.

Alright. So these guys has somewhat been called the ''hitmonlee and Hitmonchan of this generation''. Overall, they are good altough mostly outclassed by other fighting types. Nageki is pretty much outclassed by Hariyama, Machamp and Roopushin while Dageki is outclassed by Heracross. Dageki does however have Sturdy, which no other Fighting type has. That's kinda cool i guess. I really like their designs though. I mean cmon, it's Sesame Street charakters in Karate/Judo suits. What's not to love lol xD

One of my favorites this generation. Its design is beutifull and it's attack stats along with its speed is excellent. It's really frail though so it can't take many hits (or ANY non-resisted hits). Two of its abilities, Regeneration and Reckless work pretty well with this guy. Regeneration heals him everytime he switches out, while Reckless further increases the power of Hi Jump Kick, which this guy can learn. His SP attack also isn't bad. Which means that he is capable of using moves like Aura sphere, Grass Knot and Hidden Power. It can also learn Swords Dance to make for a dangerous sweeper.

I'm going to compare Ganon right here to Hariyama because his stats really does remind me of him. The stats are almost the same (altought with less HP and much better SP attack). Defensively, i think Hariyama is still the better choice altough offensively this guy is definetely the better choice. His attacking options are trough the roof. He's also one of the few non-water pokemons to learn Boiling Water, which is great. Overall he is a great poke and tied with Jaroda as my favorite fully evolved starter of this gen.

I already talked about this guy earlier in this thread. so i'll just post the things that make this guy unique to other fighting types.
    1. His typing.
    2. His defensive stats.
    3. Dragon Dance (Egg move).

Dragon Dance will make him a pretty dangerous sweeper in the lower tiers, altough lets not forget about his defensive capabilities aswell. He's tied with Kojondo as my favorite 5th gen Fighting type :)

As i said. I won't write about the legendarys because i usually don't bother with them. Overall i'm pretty happy with the Fighting types this gen. The only thing missing is a Ghost/Fighting type. I was really hoping for one. Oh well, maybe next generation.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Alright... Since you guys are doing it I will too for the Poison-Types of Gen V

This is the best Poison line of this generation... and the more I look at them the more I love them. It's a rare instance where I actually really like the middle stage... especially for Bug-Types. I'll be naming mine VELVET since now I can't stop thinking about the adorable velvet worm I posted earlier.

No ma'am! Disgrace to the entire Idea of a Poison-Type. Muk & Weezing's lines embodied pollution much more gracefully than this. I'm warming up to the evolved form but still, I think it's rather stupid.

,,, er

edit: I also wanted to point out how many fan wishes came true this time around. We asked for so many type combinations... specifically the Fire/Ice/Electric/Dark Dragons and many animals to be made into Pokemon like:
    Leopard
    Normal-Type House Dog
    Centipede
    Zebra
    A real Gorilla/Ape
    Swan
    Flying Squirrel
    New Spider! Specifically a Tarantula
    A Polar Bear
    Knight
    Vulture
    Anteater
    Ant

The only things I can think of that were not included were

Lion
    Cheetah
    Dolphin
    Fly/Mosquito

Last edited:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites
    Jarooda is a pro at shedding its skin. It still looks classy and royal half way through the process. I like how the skin forms a collar. Skillful.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    Jarooda is a pro at shedding its skin. It still looks classy and royal half way through the process. I like how the skin forms a collar. Skillful.

I just recently found out about its Dream World ability Perversity. Jesus christ! This guy is going to be a monster with Leaf Storm. To bad he dosen't learn many other usefull special moves outside of Hidden Power :(

Anyway. I really like Jaroda. He might actually replace Sceptile as my favorite Grass starter.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I have been looking at Enbuoo's moveset, and it is amazing.

It can power past other fire types with Boiling water or Earthquake, Those heavy water types like Wailord, Lapras and Daikenki are no match if you use Grass knot, or with Enbuoo's pro HP you can use solarbeam or Sunny Day then Solarbeam as much as you want. Of course the grass and bug and Ice types are destroyed with Flamethrower. This pokemon has such a variety of moves, which is uncommon for a fire type.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Alright... Since you guys are doing it I will too for the Poison-Types of Gen V

This is the best Poison line of this generation... and the more I look at them the more I love them. It's a rare instance where I actually really like the middle stage... especially for Bug-Types. I'll be naming mine VELVET since now I can't stop thinking about the adorable velvet worm I posted earlier.

While I haven't seen most of the Poison-types of Gen 5, I must say that the above centipede Pokemon line strikes a chord with me. :) The first stage looks much better and less goofy when sprited. And the last stage has a Pokemon that is hot pink in coloration which actually doesn't look so bad, save for the pink and purple slightly clashing with each other on the last evo.

However, the shiny coloration is a definite improvement. The only thing I would alter is some of the turquoise to a golden yellow, which would create a matching coloration that is similar to the color scheme of this Rotom-esque centipede Fakemon:

Though I'd really like to have a pink colored Pokemon that has a cool design and can kick butt (especially since it would sort of be unexpected and strike some players as odd), I just can't ignore Pendoraa's shiny coloration... :D

As for nicknames, I'm thinking of HundredLegs, 100 Legs Hundread(-th), Dread, Pandora or some other cool centipede-referencing variant... Velvet is a good one as well, Haza! Actually, I'm hoping the actual name turns out to be Hundreadth in English, just so I can nickname it Pandora. The nickname Pandora would certainly send out an ominous warning to foes who dare to challenge it! :rambo:

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • Can I has some opinion on Agirudaa?

I just want to know how good it can be.

On how good Agirudaa is:

Well, to begin with, he's got a pretty nifty design, and unlike Ninjask he's just pure Bug, so there aren't any additional weak besides Fire, Flying and Rock.

His abilities are both good, though I think Sticky Hold is probably the more useful one since he's not really a defensive sort of pogey, and therefore Hydration doesn't suit him as well, though that is not to say Hydration is useless, especially if something's setting up Rain for sure in your team. XD

Only 100 SpA, but it has 145 Speed. It reminds me of Starmie in that it has amazing speed and good (but not great) special attack. If Starmie can make it work, you can be sure this guy can too. :D So it can work well as a suicide lead (it gets Spikes, Recover, U-Turn and other such nifty moves in order to execute this) or else a Specs user (it has just about enough moves to run such a set, and what makes it different from the likes of Yanmega and Urgamoth is that its initial base speed is insanely high, and it's never going to invest in any other stat except spA or spE given its roles and bad defenses).

So, all in all, he's pretty damn good, yep yep. :D And I personally have never given a damn about Ninjask, so it's nice to see a new weird ninja bug.

On what Agirudaa is:

Squid Ninja (from Smogon) said:
    What is Agirudaa?

It's a clam that had its shell stolen by some asshl beetle, so he mastered the Way of the Ninja to get his revenge.

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
  • Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

No ma'am! Disgrace to the entire Idea of a Poison-Type. Muk & Weezing's lines embodied pollution much more gracefully than this. I'm warming up to the evolved form but still, I think it's rather stupid.
    I respect your opinion, however I feel entitled to defend my favorite fifth-gen pokemon.

No matter how much better you think muk and weezing are to these guys, 'graceful' will never describe them under any circumstances. Also, this guy perfectly completes the pollution set. Muk gather in smelly places, wheezing give off smelly gasses, and both of them enjoy trash, but there was originally no pokemon to embody this third aspect of pollution. I personally have been wanting a trash pokemon since gen two because of this, and I'm thrilled with these two. Personally, I think the main problem that causes people to dislike these two is that people are comparing them to muk and wheezing as replacements rather than complements. Had these two been released in generation one, muk, weezing, and dasutedasu would be a well appreciated pollution trio. I feel now that my work here is done.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    No... it's designs is way to CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS for me...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back