• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Pokemon X and Y Team So Far?

pokerex

I'm awesome
Years
  • After today's reveal i've decided to add Tyrunt to my team, which makes my team look like this:

- Chespin
    - Torchic
    - Squirtle
    - Tyrunt
    - TBD
    - TBD

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • So based on the Pokemon released so far, anyone know roughly what they want on their team? So that's all the new gen 6 Pokemon, plus any old Pokemon returning, like Axew, Pikachu, Octillery etc. Of course, you can update your team when/if you change your mind, or if a new Pokemon that perks your interest is revealed. My teams looking like :
    -Fennekin
    -Helioptile
    -Sylveon
    -Noivern
    -Pangoro
    -Malamar
    I'll most likely only use Gen 6 Pokemon on my first run. What's everyone else having??

(If there is already a thread for this feel free to close this.)

Why are you composing a team when you know nothing about each of those mons. Move sets abilities or nothing

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Why are you composing a team when you know nothing about each of those mons. Move sets abilities or nothing

You don't really need to know much about a pokemon to choose it for in-game stuff. The majority of pokemon will do fine in-game.

I usually choose team members on appearance and what pokemon I think I would actually enjoy using, things like abilities and moveset have a minor sway on my decision and I do just fine.

As an update to my team, after hearing that the kalos region will have the most pokemon in it....it's getting hard to be sure what will happen. All I know for certain now is I'll choose either Chespin or Fennekin and I'll have a Malamar.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Of those X&Y critters that have been released so far, I really like Honedge, Malamar and Aurorus and would have them on my hypothetical team. Depending on how Sylveon's stats turn out, that one could be in the running too. Indeed, if the above three have terrible stats for my style of gameplay, they probably won't see the light of day... but where's the fun in that for predictions? :D

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • Change in team. now I am using:
    Fennekin(or froakie)
    That ice dino evo
    Sylveon
    Pangoro
    Heliopltie evo
    and the last slot I am still unsure......mabye that jellyfish thing.. or meowstic or I dunno or venasaur

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • Haven't made a post in this thread yet, so here goes:

- Froakie -> Frogadier -> ?
    - Fletchling -> ? -> Talonflame
    - Tyrunt -> Tyrantrum
    - Helioptile -> ? (-> ?)
    - [???]
    - [???]

I'm pretty nit-picky when it comes to making a team. I don't truly care what their stats are because the main game shouldn't be forcing me to use better Pokemon. I do care about how well they will do overall though, after going through Black and White with an atrocious, unprepared team. Looking back at it, I think I will keep my teams prepared rather than going in fresh. I'll also be catching everything I see, so some things might change if necessary. All I know is that I'm sticking with a Kalos-themed team. :]

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Frogadier
    Helioptile
    Talonflame
    Aurorus
    Gardevoir
    Noivern

Frogadier looks like a ninja frog, Heloptile looks like it'll have a fine evolution, Talonflame for Flying transportation and typing for movepool, Aurorus because it looks like it will have a good movepool, Gardevoir for Psychic/Fairy typing. And Noivern because it just looks cool.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    My team will be pretty much the same as last gen, I haven't seen many new pokemon that really make me go 'wow' just yet. I guess the Mega-Blaziken could be my new gen 6 pokemon... sorta

-MegaBlaziken
    -Tyranitar
    -Aggron
    -Shiny Haxorus
    -Moxie Salamence
    -Shiny Garchomp

Hoping that Tyranitar and Aggron get new stats and abilities that make them amazing. Nothing like what Garchomp got.... a boost to it's special attack and a cut to it's speed? Like seriously GF, that speed and attack is what Garchomp was all about!

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
  • For Y probably something along the lines of

Chespin
    Fletchling
    Pancham
    The little lobster thing
    and 2 anonymous old gens

X team will be spontaneous

Years
  • I don't know my whole team yet, I'm waiting to see what hasn't been revealed yet before I choose. I know I'm starting with Fennekin, will probably have Aurorus, and probably an Ampharos too. Oh, and definitely a male Meowstic, he is too cute.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2013
    I'm trying to use exclusively Gen. 6 Pokemon this time around, as they all look promising. Alright, this is my Y team as of now:

Froakie - Frogadier - ???
    Froakie's the best starter by far in my opinion. The others just don't do it for me, and Froakie looks pretty good. I like where his second evolution is going and how it looks a bit more dark and thiefish. This little guy's definitely making it on my team, unless his final evolution looks like complete garbage.

Tyrunt - Tyrantrum
    Just look at this thing. Do I need to say more? I've been wanting a "real" dinosaur pokemon for forever now and this thing does it perfectly. His evo though, is really what draws me into this line. It's just so... so... AHHH.

Skiddo - Gogoat
    Honestly, I don't care if it's incredibly underpowered or has the worst stats ever. Something about Skiddo and Gogoat is just so... appealing to me. I can't exactly put my finger on it, but this thing's going on my team for sure, unless another grass type catches my eye, which I doubt will happen.

I'm also considering putting Meowstic and Inkay on my team, but that depends on what other surprises X and Y have in store. I'm also looking for a Fire, Flying and Fairy type, but all of the already released pokemon don't appeal to me that much.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2013
    At the moment, I think my possible team would be more like:

- Braixen (Fennekin's evo)
    - Pyroar
    - Pangoro
    - Honedge
    - Malamar
    - Tyrantrum

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2016
    ima make this game challenging.

charmander
    fennekin
    torchic
    cyndaquil
    chimchar
    tepig

fire red challenge for me :)

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
    Years
  • If we're going all Kalos 'mons:

Froakie (Chespin looks dumb and Fennekin is stupid furry bait)
    Litleo-Pyroar (I always wanted a fire lion pokemon! I made up a fakemon of one a loooong time ago)
    Honedge (steel/ghost is a pretty good typing in Touhoumon)
    Tyrunt-Tyrantrum (named Terrex, in honor of the very-similar fakemon I came up with with a friend)
    Pancham-Pangoro (because who can resist a scrappy panda?)
    Sylveon or maybe Dedenne? (gotta get a fairy type in there somewhere)

Honorable mention - Pickup slave: Bunnelby (it looks like those cute Mario Galaxy bunnies)

I want to get Pokemon Y because Yveltal looks cooler than Xerneas, so I hope none of my choices are version-exclusives. I'm not able to access the GTS or anything from my house.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • Updating...

So far, my team will be:
    Fennekin
    Charmander
    Amoura
    Sylveon
    Noivern
    Honedge

I might be able to replace Honedge for a water type if none of my current planned can learn Surf.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • My only change I have done is that I will include Litleo in my team, really love Pyroar... so 3 confirmed from me and 3 undecided.

So far I only have 2 Pokemon 100% & 2 like 50% confirmed to be in my team - at least for my first run of the game:

100% Confirmed in my team:
    • Chespin, as my starter and main grass Pokemon
    • Helioptile, as my electric Pokemon

I may use - 50% chance
    • Litleo, that is if no other felines are introduced
    • Pancham if no other fighting type introduced I like AND Mienfoo is not available before Elite 4.

Not yet decided, or I may need to wait:
    • water type, always need one in my teams
    • weasel-based Pokemon of Kalos, if none are introduced then I'll choose Sylveon AND Patrat is not available before Elite 4

I have one more possibility that might leave me an open slot, if two above are mixed (for example another fighting weasel or another water weasel [a.k.a. sea otters], or a water-type cat or a fighting type cat) then the open 6th Pokemon I will choose Sylveon.

So now it would be more like:
    100% Confirmed in my team:
    • Chespin --> Quilladin, as my starter and main grass Pokemon
    • Helioptile, as my electric Pokemon
    • Litleo --> Pyroar, as my main fire Pokemon and Feline Pokemon of the region.

Not yet decided, or I may need to wait: - 50%
    • water type, always need one in my teams, if none of them I like, I will go with Squirtle, just hoping that Buizel will be catchable in X or Y before Elite 4.

• weasel-based Pokemon of Kalos, if none are introduced then I'll choose Sylveon AND Patrat is not available before Elite 4

• Pancham if no other fighting type introduced I like AND Mienfoo is not available before Elite 4.

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2013
    In X, I'm going to have a hard time with Water-Types...

-Braixen (3rd evo)
    Notes: If the final evolution of Fennekin looks too feminine, I'm going with Froakie, and Frogadier's 3rd evo.

-Charizard
    Notes: I'll get it it Lumiose City from Sycamore. If I get a Flethcling before Lumiose, I might choose Squirtle and get Blastoise instead.

-Tyrantum
    Notes: I'll choose the Jaw Fossil. If I cannot find a decent Water-type before Lumiose, I may end up choosing Aurorus since half the HM's are Water-type moves.

-Male Meowstic (final evo if applicable)
    Notes: If Fennekin's final evo is Psychic-type, and Meowstic isn't available before Braixen evolves, I may end up going for Helioptile instead.

-Male Pyroar
    Notes: If Litleo is not available before Lumiose, I may instead add another Kalos Pokemon.

-Talonflame

I was going to just get X, but I recently got $50 unexpectedly, so if I get Y, here's my team:

-Frogadier/Quilladin (Final Evo)
    Notes: If I choose Fennekin in X, I'll get Froakie here. If I get Froakie in X, I'm choosing Chespin in Y.

-Helioptile
    Notes: Depends on availability.

-Gogoat
    Notes: Depends on availability.

-Spritzee(final evo?)/Slyveon
    Notes: I needed a Fairy type to test their strength.

-Aurorus/Tyrantum
    Notes: Whichever one I don't choose in X.

-Talonflame
    Notes: I don't like running around. Fly HM -> FTW!

Back