• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Pride & Joy Pokemon

blue

gucci
Years
I never EV train my Pokémon or search for Perfect IV's, I just catch the Pokémon I want on my team regardless of stats, nature etc. My pride & joy Pokémon are the team I first defeat the Elite Four with in Pokémon X, a team that I really enjoy training tbh.

Sneakyarrow

Pokemon Breader
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
My Arcanine is one sexy legendary (and by legendary I mean type).
Adamant, Flash Fire, Perfect HP, Attack, Defense, and Speed IVs with EVs in Attack and Speed.

Extreme Speed
Crunch
Flare Blitz
Close Combat

Years
Any Gliscor I train is my pride and joy but I also love my Milotic named Pices and my mega Mawile and my newest bundle of joy is Bright Virgo which is my shiny Kirlia (who will become my shiny Mega Gardevior)

WonderfulWhiscash

Murderous Magikarp
Years
Presumably my blastoise.
First ever poke I iv bred, modest with perfect ivs in all but special attack. Took me over 50 squirtles! Amazing rapid spinner, great bulk despite no evs in defenses and modest, and I named it Myrtle, so it is Myrtle the Turtle. Surprisingly good mega!
Also my Volcarona.
5iv, but I got it in a trade. Wrecks face! The only problem I have with it is I really want to name it Volcaboner, but someone else's OT!
And lastly, Gyarados. Moxie, adamant, life orb, dragon dance. hits like a truck.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
My favourites at the moment:

1) (because it took me SO long to breed the exact right IVs I got very attached to it)
Zorua/Zoroark
31/31/31/31/30/31
Naive Nature
Bright Powder
Aerial Ace
Double Team
Hidden Power (steel)
Night Daze

2) Because it was the first one I ever tried breeding for IVs
Minccino/Cinccino
31/31/31/31/31/31
Jolly NAture
Skill Link Ability
Razor Fang
Bulltet Seed
Thunder Wave
Rock Blast
Tail Slap

3) Froakie/Greninja (because it was my first starter in more than a decade!)
Hasty Nature
Protean Ability
King's Rock
Dark Pulse
Rock Slide
Water Shuriken
Extrasensory

Pinta77

right now probably my meowstic level 100. cuz my friend gave me an espurr like "haha you're stuck with a stupid espurr now! I ripped you off!" and I used it in my party all the way til it was level 100.

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
Years
My Arcanine, no doubt. I poured all of my blood sweat and tears into breeding him with 5 perfect IVs, not to mention he's my favorite pokemon of all time! I nicknamed him Iroh too, and I couldn't be happier with him.

arcanine.gif
83443d1350790762-whats-like-inside-pokeball-pokeball.gif

Iroh (Arcanine) @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
(31/31/31/x/31/31)
EVs: 252 Atk, 176 Spd, 76 HP, 8 SpD
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
Years
Mine would have to be my current Mantine named LoveGame. Mantine is my all-time favorite Pokemon, and I've had a lot of success with him online despite all the hate he usually gets by the community. He takes special hits like a beast and works really well alongside my Sandslash when it uses EQ.

That Sandslash itself is special to me because it came all the way from my Sapphire version. It was the first Pokemon I ever EV-trained, and still holds a spot on my competitive team to this day!

Haunted Cupcake

Soul Resonance Technician
Years
Curious here, what is everyones pride and joy pokemon? Here is mine:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Nature: Careful (+ Special Attack, - Special Attack)
Ability: Poison Heal
EV's: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Special Defense
IV's: 31/6-9/27-30/31/31/31
Moves: Toxic, Earthquake, Roost, Knock Off

Those attack iv's Yike's.Good effort though :P
Let's compare my Gliscor.
31/31/31/0/31/31
Spoiler:

But My "Pride and Joy" has to be my Shiny Trevenant
31/31/31/31/31/0
Spoiler:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
I have taken my first shiny ever (a Luvdisc) and made her into a champion! My pride and joy because everyone said she wouldn't amount to anything.

I present to you, the Queen of Triple Battles, Binky!

370.png

Binky
- Queen of Triple Battles
Luvdisc @ (King's Rock)
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Mild (+SAtk, -Def)
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SAtk
Medal-winning moveset:
- Sweet Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Surf

Her loyal subjects (teammates):
695.png
134.png
197.png
091.png
707.png

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I have quite a few!

My Mawile, which I very carefully EV trained. I can't remember what the distribution is exactly, but I remember actually doing quite a bit of math to come up with it xD Also, her movepool is perfect: Ice Fang, Sucker Punch, Substitute, and Play Rough. In her mega form, she runs through everything like tissue paper :D

My Gallade. Another kick butt movepool, and perfect EV spread. He's actually a carry over from HeartGold, and he won me the Battle Tower, the Battle Arena, and the Battle Arcade. His movepool is: Drain Punch, Will-O-Wisp, Psycho Cut, and Swords Dance.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Battle me and you'll get to see six of them.

Ones not currently on my team are a 5IV Gliscor and a 5IV Togekiss. Both level 100. I plan on trying to breed an IV shiny too.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
The original Silver team, Nidorina, Nidorino, Sentret, Chikorita, Vulpix and Miltank (with Nidoqueen on the side). The stats don't matter. I don't care and neither should anyone else considering I'm never going to battle with them seriously. The thing that was most important was making sure their personalities (characteristics and natures) matched up with the way they've always been portrayed. Makes playing the game more like a sit-com imagining that way.

I was certainly happy to have them back, at any rate. Oh, and on that note, I did have other teams consisting of newer Pokemon, so I didn't revert back to playing like it's 2001. But, those six are the reason I'm probably still into the series. :P

Elements1

Meh
Years
My pride is joy pokemon is by far Darkrai!! He has always been my favorite pokemon, and him having perfect nature and IV's is amazing :D

Years
I have quite a few, though none of them are super great competitive-wise.

I have my Serperior named Julep, who was my starter when I first played Black when it came out. He's been with me ever since, now level 100, and I've written him in more than a few stories. :) He'll always be special to me.
Let's see... Also my Hydreigon I got in Black! It was traded to me, turned out to be modest, with perfect SpAtk and SpDef IV's. He was undefeated for a very long time, until one fateful trip on the battle subway. Still holding a special pedestal in my heart.
And lastly my Noivern, Nocturnal. Since X and Y were just a preview I saw this and instantly - So much want. So I got and hatched one, and it's been my darling ever since.

NRG

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 9, 2015
Charizard Y Shiny
5 max IV, missing attack
Timid (+Speed, -Attack)
+252 SA, +252 Spd, +4 SD
Flamethrower/Fireblast
Focus Blast
Solar Beam
Air Slash/Dragon Pulse

I also have a non-shiny version exactly the same but modest nature. That one requires tailwind support though.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2020
I don't take material things too seriously. However, I was once in love with a shiny Pichu.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2017
My Chesnaught, Slappy, who I got in a Wonder Trade, back when he was a little Chespin. I kept him because of his silly name, but now he's found a place in my battling team. He loves to smash rocks and slap everything that gets in his way ;D

Back