• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your proudest, most tear-jerking Achievement?

Poke_licious

Ready to Rise
    Years
    getting a shiny chimchar in my first playthrough of pokemon diamond. he also got pokerus when I cought a level 4 starly (it was holding a yache berry).

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    Completing the Pokedex in Red. :3 Granted, I had to trade a lot to do it- but it still took me about a year to do and I was still proud when I got it done.

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
    I have a few events to choose from:

1) Getting all seven silver symbols in Emerald without the use of EVs or any other competitive battling elements.

2) Defeating Red in Crystal with a team of Lv50 Grass types.

3) Raising 8 (almost 9) Lv100s in Emerald.

4) Defeating my friend's entire team with my Haunter in Yellow (we were around the same level, me actually being a bit lower).

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Beating the elite 4 within 1 hour, 24 minutes, and 58 seconds of game play on saphire, I timed myself

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    I defeated one of my friends in a pokemon 2 on 2 battle!
    I wiped out all his Pokemon and only one of mine died!!

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Beating the Elite Four/Red in Gold/Silver/Crystal. It was tear jerking not because of the actual achievement itself, but rather it was due to the fact I got to hear this: The END
    Agreed!

My memory of exact achievements in the first two gens is pretty hazy now, especially since my file on Red was reset ages ago by my brother, (after I'd done so much and had at least a few Lvl 100s, including my starter), my Yellow cartridge was messed up by my cousins' little neighbor who chewed/drooled on it (also a long time ago), and my Gold is okay (presumably), but back at one of my parents' places.

As far as things I do remember, I could say beating Wallace in Emerald (we were down to one Pokemon apiece, luckily it was my Ampharos vs. his Milotic). That was a crazy fight altogether, and it'd been so long since I had a challenge like that.

I could also say beating the E4/Champ in my recent re-run of FireRed. I wanted to hurry and get through that so I could trade with Emerald and Colosseum, and I got impatient enough that I thought 'what the heck' and jumped in with a very undertrained team, not expecting a win, but I did it.

Another could just be getting all the shadow Pokemon in Colosseum, and soon
    Ho-oh, once I pwn these last couple sets of people on Mt. Battle. That game was remarkably easy compared to what I remember when I first had it, though, so I wouldn't say it's much of an achievement.

I'm about 80% done filling my Pokedex on Diamond, so compared to never having bothered with Pokedex completion in the past, I'd say that's something already. I'm doing it steadily, though.

EDIT:
    Earlier today my Pokemon in Platinum got Pokerus the old fashioned way - pure luck. I never got Pokerus like that before, in any generation of games. Not an achievement, I suppose, but it was a nice surprise at the Pokemon center, and it made me feel good. :3

Last edited:

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I would say that catching Suicune in Fire red was quite emotional for me~

That, or catching Rayquaza with a Quick Ball.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Becoming winner of the very first pokemon tournament I ever entered...

M O M U S U

Fail-safe
    Years
    Catching/trading 200 Hoenn Pokemon in Pokemon Emerald.

I had to trade a lot to complete it, and I mean a LOT, but I was able to finish it and reap the almighty reward of a Johto starter, which I haven't ever touched. I'm waiting to trade it to Platinum to start off with, alongside my Sinnoh starter.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Most tear-jerking achievement? Beating Whitney in G/S/C for the first time. She was so cheap.

Ozzy

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    I have a few top achievements:

Catching my first shiny before eterna gym. (shiny wurmple)
    Beating Diamond in 12 hours
    Beating Pokemon Leafgreen with only Pikachu.
    Beating Pokemon Leafgreen in 6 hours.
    Getting all the 100s in pokemon yellow.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    For me it was when I finally defeated Steven in Sapphire version, after ages of playing.
    Yeah, I know, I don't play enough to have a real achievment.

Lash

Years
    When I figured out they were real.

rofl. But I'd have to say it was when I captured my first shiny Pokemon in GSC. I was so happy way back then, but I forgot what Pokemon it was XD

Spoiler:

Back