• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your reaction when you first saw pokemon

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2009
    "A Sneak Peek at Pokemon"

No kiddin'. It was a promotional video about Pokemon before the anime was released. I honestly do not remember how I even got it. I think my aunt gave it to me, I'm not sure. Honestly, reading this thread all I could think of was "like I remember way back THEN?" until I finally remembered this and just...ugh. It was so horrible, but awesome XD It's on Youtube, watch it!

I was such a dweeb after seeing that video =X I have fond memories of painting rubber balls to look like Pokeballs, hahaha.

I feel so old with all the people around here saying they were like, 3, when Pokemon came out, hah >_>; Does anyone else remember this?

Edit: There's information about it on Bulbapedia should you catch that site in a good mood (read: when it works), and as I said, clips on Youtube.

Greeneflower

Pikachu Rules!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Well I did get a Pikachu Plushie in 1997, can't quite remember, but I know I ALWAYS LOVED Pikachu.. but when I REALLY got hooked was when My step sister came over and played this cool looking game called Pokemon Emerald.. I finally got her to let me play it and I got hooked.. :3

Years
    Hmm...I played it at my friends house...in like 3rd grade, I think. Maybe 4th. Yeah...They all went outside to play soccer...and I stayed in and played Pokemon...that was my reaction, lol.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2016
    I don't remember my VERY first reaction... but I remember playing Blue version and getting Wartortle for the first time... I still love that guy.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I dont know :\ I mean, I don't (think) I even watched the first episode (I'm phail :P)

However, unlike most people, I think it was the games that actually got me interested in the franchise. I remember my mom buying me Pokemon Blue (which I switched with my brother not due to the wild Pokemon, but because I wanted Charizard on the title screen/game. XD) Ever since then I have been a loyal fan. I blame my family! XD

Cid

Years
    I was five years old when I saw my older siblings play the game (Pokémon Blue --my brother's; Pokémon Yellow --my sister's).
    I immediately got addicted [watching], and when I found out there was an animé, I watched every single episode until I got Pokémon Gold.
    That then started my days as an avid Pokémon trainer gamer and fan all through out.

Morgenstern

"Lame."
    Years
    ^ Snap, Enishi. xD Yay for Death The Kid.

Anyway. I hated Pokemon at first. The first time I remember seeing it was when I was on vacation in Florida - there were advertisements about it everywhere, and it seemed like every shop we went into was crammed full of Pokemon merchandise. So, I took one look at it, and was like: "Ew, what the heck." Then about a month later, I played my friend's Pokemon Blue, and was instantly sold on it. I thought Charizard was the coolest thing ever invented x3

Years
    • FL
    • Seen May 29, 2013
    I was 6 years old and my friends were all into the trading cards. I found them to be interesting but nothing extraordinary. Then one of my friends came to my house and asked me if I wanted to watch the anime. After being somewhat hesitant I said yes, and from that point on I was hooked. I persuaded my parents to get me some cards for Christmas as this was right around the holiday period. In addition, they got me a video tape containing three episodes, including the one where Ash battles Erika in Celadon City.

Lightey

The Night Owl
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2016
    Well, my cousin liked it, so I started to.. I remember, the first thing I ever got was a Booster Box of some Johto pack, and I got a Lugia, but my cousin told me it was horrible so I gave it to him.

But come on, I was 3.

ProfessorMiles

Im Miles
    Years
    My First Reaction was Basically a Jaw Dropping Experience? When i seen the First episode of Pokemon where ash was Given Pikachu. [ Still have it on VHS ^_^ ] So everyday i could i watched all the episodes, and when i heard that Pokemon Yellow Version was coming out, i got it first day i heard of it, only reason i got a Gameboy, i had all the games,
    Yellow, Red, Blue, Crystal, Gold, Silver, Emerald, Ruby, Saphire, FireRed, Leaf Green, Diamond, Pearl, and i Just need Platinum, ^_^

Honest Eyes

If A Girl Wants To Dance...
    Years
    Well, to be honest, I really don't remember, it was a really long time ago, but I think that I immediately liked the game, I remember playing wayy too much when I was younger.

Years
    Pikachu was the first Pokemon I ever saw (naturally lol) and I thought it was cute. But it was several months before I really learned more about it and finally got the game. Can't remember the actual first moment I saw the anime, but I liked it I know, cause I watched it for a long time.

Brownies

bye PC :D
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2010
    My first reaction in the anime is weird, but interesting a lot and in the game, I'm so happy, because it was really fun and interesting.

xMiZx

Lazy Battler
    Years
    Got the game, and I was thrilled with excitement. And I got to play with my brother in the game too. Made things a lot more fun *grins*

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
    My first introduction to pokemon was by accidentaly watching the anime episode, entitled "The Island of the Giant Pokemon" (the one where Ash & co. are stranded to an exotic island with huge machine pokemon, controlled by Giovanni).
    MY REACTION: "WHAT ON EARTH IS THAT??? THIS IS COOL!!!"

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2013
    In India it started 6 years ago it was a craze when it started. Me and my sister werent even able to pronunce pikachu. Then came pokemoncrater. And around four years ago we discovered visualboy advance and two years ago nosgba and still playing

Kung Fu Quagsire!

woah there friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    I was, like, 3 and my mum gave me a Raichu plush toy. I was like "wut" and asked my mum what it was. She did a little research, and got my Pokémon Yellow for the following Christmas. I loved it.

Good times, good times.

Back