• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your relationship status

Sirfetch’d

I just recently got broken up with, actually ;-;

But honestly I have no reason to sulk over petty, hormone-filled relationships. It's pretty easy for me to move on and start looking for someone else.

I think having the ability to move on is a really great thing to have when it comes to relationships. I have the issue of being stuck in the past and trying to hold onto memories from past relationships because I don't want to move on. It makes it tougher for me to want to start a new one and it's really annoying at times. I guess I just become too attached to the other person even if they weren't really in love with me.

TY

I think having the ability to move on is a really great thing to have when it comes to relationships. I have the issue of being stuck in the past and trying to hold onto memories from past relationships because I don't want to move on. It makes it tougher for me to want to start a new one and it's really annoying at times. I guess I just become too attached to the other person even if they weren't really in love with me.

I had that too for some time, but after a while i forgot about everything (with loads of help from games and food and drinks). But its different for every person how long they keep stuck with the past and how quick they can get over it

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Nope, no girlfriend. The school year just started so hopefully I can meet some new people.

I've definitely met some hot people in my classes, however. x__x

Sirfetch’d

Nope, no girlfriend. The school year just started so hopefully I can meet some new people.

I've definitely met some hot people in my classes, however. x__x

My school year just started as well and I look forward to this year being the year I get the courage to meet new people and start a relationship soon. I am finally ready to move on from my last one and now with so many new people to meet, the chances of finding someone that I can bond with are pretty high.

I really hope you have success in meeting someone as well!

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Nope.
    I'm a lone wolf, solitary, and predatory. Unaffected by companionship, disenchanted from the blind self-unindependent mases, I- Okay, no, seriously, I'm actually a pretty lonely person. :c

To be honest though, I'm a bit picky when it comes to partners. Must be female, no younger nor older then two years of my age. Must be interesting, attactive, comical, light-hearted, have a good taste in music, I could just go on, and on.
    You know what they say; Beggers can't be choosers! So, choosers, can't. . . be, beg-gers. . .
    Nevermind, that makes no logic.
    But yeah, I'm fine. :x

Sirfetch’d

I'm a lone wolf, solitary, and predatory. Unaffected by companionship, disenchanted from the blind self-unindependent mases, I- Okay, no, seriously, I'm actually a pretty lonely person. :c

To be honest though, I'm a bit picky when it comes to partners. Must be female, no younger nor older then two years of my age. Must be interesting, attactive, comical, light-hearted, have a good taste in music, I could just go on, and on.
    You know what they say; Beggers can't be choosers! So, choosers, can't. . . be, beg-gers. . .
    Nevermind, that makes no logic.
    But yeah, I'm fine. :x

You have a pretty broad list of requirements in a person that isn't bad at all. However, the 2 year age limit is a bit interesting. Would you date a person if they met the other requirements and you connected well with them? It just seems to me that you are limiting yourself a bit much with that restriction.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
    Years
  • The school years started, and while I still am sickened to the core by relationships, there is at least 1 girl who shows interest in me.
    I think. I overanalyse every aspect of everything, and may be misinterpreting, but I don't think so.
    I'd feel absolutely horrid if she got the nerve to ask me out or whatever people do (I'm a sophomore, she's a freshman), and I suck at saying no to people, but I really don't want anything to happen between me and anybody, because it's all so illogical and confusing and, in my opinion, pointless.

NintendoFreezey

→ Stay frosty!
    Years
  • I am single as it gets lol, I'm 19 and own a house, a car and have a good job but girls don't want a pokemon playing boyfriend, so after I see how much they hate my favourite pass time, they get removed from the list. Maybe Ill get lucky and meet someone here haha ;)

Sirfetch’d

I am single as it gets lol, I'm 19 and own a house, a car and have a good job but girls don't want a pokemon playing boyfriend, so after I see how much they hate my favourite pass time, they get removed from the list. Maybe Ill get lucky and meet someone here haha ;)

There are girls that would want a Pokemon playing boyfriend! That could be a common interest that you could share with someone. Also, if someone doesn't want to form a relationship with you just because you enjoy something that is really selfish of them and is someone you should probably avoid anyways.

Years
  • I pretty much agree with jellicent on having the ability to move on. It can be hard at times. Took me months to get over my last relationship, and while we remain friends I'm usually the one who has to send a message if I want to have a conversation. I love her but the passion I had for her is off now. So I'[m just waiting for her to send a message or something.

A break up is never the end of the world, and being able to move on is necessary to focus on the next relationship.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • My last relationship actually ended earlier this year rather abruptly. We'd been together for like... idk, two and a half years I think it was and it had been a hell of a lot of fun. My longest and best relationship yet, definitely.

As I say, though, it ended rather oddly. She'd basically gone on a night out and called me the next day (iirc anyway) all panicky and whatnot. Turns out that she'd got a bit too drunk, gone home with some other guy, they did the deed and she felt awful about it and felt like she couldn't continue the relationship from that point due to the constant knowledge of what she had done. Which I guess strikes me as odd since, while we'd certainly not exactly permitted it, we'd reached a mutual understanding that we could actually overlook such a thing as an awful mistake once or twice. But the way that she rushed ending it so much suggests to me that either a) she was getting bored since we at that point weren't seeing very much of each other due to us being at universities at two different cities (incidentally, I imagined it'd have come to that; we were great together but didn't think the relationship should at all get in the way of our academic lives) or b) she'd slept with someone I knew - entirely possible given that this night out she went on was back home. I'd honestly hope it's a) since... well, the thought of b) kinda makes me cringe, haha. So... that was that.

I guess it hit harder than I'd like to admit. Not because I was massively attached to her and the relationship; as I say, we were really great together, pretty like-minded people that just wanna have a good time, which we were, but neither of us were really invested into it long-term anyway. That rough point in time in general was particularly hard for me. I'd broken up with the person who I'd spent a few years with which sucked but I'd also lost someone much more important to me than her (or most people tbh) which... really did a number on me. Those two rolled together left me feeling worst than I really wanted to accept, I imagine. Although I'm feeling pretty fine about it now. Weirdly, we're still friends and whatnot and good ones at that, so not all that much has changed which is grand.

As for being single now, not even gonna lie - I love it. While being in a relationship is fun, you can have a lot of fun single too. I get all the time to myself I want, all the freedom I can take and - as much of an absolute arse as this is gonna make me sound - all the girls I can bed. I feel like I'm really enjoying having no ties to anyone any more and being able to live exactly how I want totally for me, yanno? So at the moment I'm single and not at all interested. Idk if or when that'll change but yeah. So I guess it's all worked out well! I'm neither with the right person nor am I waiting to find the right person. I'm just being me and only me. 8)

This is a great thread by the way.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    @Jelli:
    Broad? Oh, no, it gets tighter.
    Spoiler:

TL;DR: Trust me, it gets a lot tighter. :I
    She'd have to be just right.

Hm, well, the age thing is flexible, but only to a point. I don't want to feel like I'm baby-sitting my date, or like she is me.

I honestly think a girl like that would be better than I deserve, though, so I'm fine with solitude.

Sirfetch’d

My last relationship actually ended earlier this year rather abruptly. We'd been together for like... idk, two and a half years I think it was and it had been a hell of a lot of fun. My longest and best relationship yet, definitely.

As I say, though, it ended rather oddly. She'd basically gone on a night out and called me the next day (iirc anyway) all panicky and whatnot. Turns out that she'd got a bit too drunk, gone home with some other guy, they did the deed and she felt awful about it and felt like she couldn't continue the relationship from that point due to the constant knowledge of what she had done. Which I guess strikes me as odd since, while we'd certainly not exactly permitted it, we'd reached a mutual understanding that we could actually overlook such a thing as an awful mistake once or twice. But the way that she rushed ending it so much suggests to me that either a) she was getting bored since we at that point weren't seeing very much of each other due to us being at universities at two different cities (incidentally, I imagined it'd have come to that; we were great together but didn't think the relationship should at all get in the way of our academic lives) or b) she'd slept with someone I knew - entirely possible given that this night out she went on was back home. I'd honestly hope it's a) since... well, the thought of b) kinda makes me cringe, haha. So... that was that.

I guess it hit harder than I'd like to admit. Not because I was massively attached to her and the relationship; as I say, we were really great together, pretty like-minded people that just wanna have a good time, which we were, but neither of us were really invested into it long-term anyway. That rough point in time in general was particularly hard for me. I'd broken up with the person who I'd spent a few years with which sucked but I'd also lost someone much more important to me than her (or most people tbh) which... really did a number on me. Those two rolled together left me feeling worst than I really wanted to accept, I imagine. Although I'm feeling pretty fine about it now. Weirdly, we're still friends and whatnot and good ones at that, so not all that much has changed which is grand.

As for being single now, not even gonna lie - I love it. While being in a relationship is fun, you can have a lot of fun single too. I get all the time to myself I want, all the freedom I can take and - as much of an absolute arse as this is gonna make me sound - all the girls I can bed. I feel like I'm really enjoying having no ties to anyone any more and being able to live exactly how I want totally for me, yanno? So at the moment I'm single and not at all interested. Idk if or when that'll change but yeah. So I guess it's all worked out well! I'm neither with the right person nor am I waiting to find the right person. I'm just being me and only me. 8)

This is a great thread by the way.

Sad to hear about how things ended between you two and I can kinda relate because my last relationship ended similar. At least you have moved on and are now happily living your life though because once you become that attached to a person, I know from experience that it can be pretty tough to get over it.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I'm currently in a relationship with the most amazing guy ever. He is my soulmate, and I love him more than life itself. <3 We are like the real life Serah and Snow from Final Fantasy. XD I've searched forever for the right guy for as long as I can remember, and I finally found him after all these years. We broke up once before, but we got back together after about three years. He makes me the happiest girl ever because he loves me for all that I am and can ever be. Basically, he loves me just the way I am, and that's all I could ever ask for from someone as truly amazing as he is. <3

Last edited:

Whisbii

→ Persistence
    Years
  • I am currently not in a relationship. There is my former girlfriend who retains her feelings for me and another girl I am talking to. Both I have feelings for, more for my former girlfriend, but we will see where it goes. When it comes to finding a girl I look for these qualities.

• Personality
    • Sense of humor
    • Beautiful
    • Courteous
    • Respectful
    • Honest
    • Outgoing
    • Good hygiene
    • Positive outlook
    • Clean (no drugs)
    • Intelligence
    Hopefully I can get a bit further this girl as I have developed a liking to her. Well, that is my story.

Sirfetch’d

I am currently not in a relationship. There is my former girlfriend who retains her feelings for me and another girl I am talking to. Both I have feelings for, more for my former girlfriend, but we will see where it goes. When it comes to finding a girl I look for these qualities.

• Personality
    • Sense of humor
    • Beautiful
    • Courteous
    • Respectful
    • Honest
    • Outgoing
    • Good hygiene
    • Positive outlook
    • Clean (no drugs)
    • Intelligence
    Hopefully I can get a bit further this girl as I have developed a liking to her. Well, that is my story.

Does your former girlfriend have all of these qualities you look for? You say you still like her and have strong feelings for her and if she has what you look for in a person, I say give it another chance. Hopefully you two could work it out.

Whisbii

→ Persistence
    Years
  • Does your former girlfriend have all of these qualities you look for? You say you still like her and have strong feelings for her and if she has what you look for in a person, I say give it another chance. Hopefully you two could work it out.

• Personality - I would say she has a good personality, but her maturity level jumps up and down which is not something I am fond of.
    • Sense of humor - She does have a nice sense of humor. More than I do honestly.
    • Beautiful - She certainly is.
    • Courteous - I'm not so sure as it has been a while since I seen her.
    • Respectful - She does have a good amount of respect and I like that.
    • Honest - She is really honest and will tell me anything. Though I am not sure if she is faithful which worries me.
    • Outgoing - Hyper, but I do not know about physical involvement.
    • Good hygiene - Yes.
    • Positive outlook - For the most part, but she puts herself down some.
    • Clean (no drugs) - She drinks. She needs to know her limits though.
    • Intelligence - Yes. She is smart,
    I do have feelings for her, but I feel I am not being taken seriously by her maturity level and that is a downfall for me. She has grown since the last time we dated, but I am a bit skeptical to give it another chance. I do appreciate your feedback and I thank you for your time to respond.

Sirfetch’d

• Personality - I would say she has a good personality, but her maturity level jumps up and down which is not something I am fond of.
    • Sense of humor - She does have a nice sense of humor. More than I do honestly.
    • Beautiful - She certainly is.
    • Courteous - I'm not so sure as it has been a while since I seen her.
    • Respectful - She does have a good amount of respect and I like that.
    • Honest - She is really honest and will tell me anything. Though I am not sure if she is faithful which worries me.
    • Outgoing - Hyper, but I do not know about physical involvement.
    • Good hygiene - Yes.
    • Positive outlook - For the most part, but she puts herself down some.
    • Clean (no drugs) - She drinks. She needs to know her limits though.
    • Intelligence - Yes. She is smart,
    I do have feelings for her, but I feel I am not being taken seriously by her maturity level and that is a downfall for me. She has grown since the last time we dated, but I am a bit skeptical to give it another chance. I do appreciate your feedback and I thank you for your time to respond.

No problem! If she is ever interested in trying a relationship with you again, maybe she will realize that her maturity level is an issue.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • Single actually hahaha. To be fair over the past few months I really couldn't get into one anyway because of family and personal issues, besides from my usual shyness.
    I am so glad I am not the only 19 yr old who doesnt have a girl friend though inj my case its cuz well.........the girls down here in mississippi are complete hoes lol.

Elixir.

Fly Away
    Years
  • I'm single, but I'm one of those awkward people that typically ends conversations rather than starts them. Plus, I'm going to college next year, so the whole process of keeping in touch regularly with someone from high school would prove to be difficult if I got into a relationship now anytime soon.

Back