• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your relationship status

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    I'm currently in a relationship in real life. I've tried my best to make her join here but she's not much of a fan of forums. Lol. We've been together for about two years now and not a day passes by in which I stop caring about her. They say it is tough to find the right person...believe me, it's taking me quite a few trials to find that special soulmate. She has opposite tastes that only she likes and vice-versa, but I call her the missing piece of my puzzle. My other half that completes me.

Sirfetch’d

I'm single, but I'm one of those awkward people that typically ends conversations rather than starts them. Plus, I'm going to college next year, so the whole process of keeping in touch regularly with someone from high school would prove to be difficult if I got into a relationship now anytime soon.

You might not be able to maintain a high school relationship, but going into college is certainly going to give you countless opportunities to meet people who share similar interests as you who would want to form a relationship.

Years
    You might not be able to maintain a high school relationship, but going into college is certainly going to give you countless opportunities to meet people who share similar interests as you who would want to form a relationship.

Orly now? Hasn't happened yet :\ Most of us are too busy with our schedules and homework, or are art students.

Sirfetch’d

Hasn't happened for me either, but that is because I haven't been proactive about it. There are many people who I have met in college that would be perfect for me, but I haven't taken the initiative to approach them about starting a relationship.

Whisbii

→ Persistence
    Years
    No problem! If she is ever interested in trying a relationship with you again, maybe she will realize that her maturity level is an issue.
    Perhaps. I mean it is not good when you see a younger girl then a person you like who holds more maturity than she does. It is a real draw back and every one appreciates it when a person can act serious when needed. Just because she can be immature and childish does not mean she has to be and I just do not think I am comfortable with that.

What is your perspective on that?

Sirfetch’d

Perhaps. I mean it is not good when you see a younger girl then a person you like who holds more maturity than she does. It is a real draw back and every one appreciates it when a person can act serious when needed. Just because she can be immature and childish does not mean she has to be and I just do not think I am comfortable with that.

What is your perspective on that?

I agree with you. If she can't see that she needs to be immature to maintain a relationship with someone, then she probably isn't devoted to doing so. If she really saw that all you need her to do was be mature then she would probably do that if she really cared. Really this just adds on to her immaturity if you ask me.

TY

Well i am currently (and happily of course :D) in a relationship right now, my 2nd one to be honest, and im quite suprised of the fact that im in a relationship again. I never thought i would be in one again after the crap that happened in the first one, but im really happy im in a relationship again.

Guess im lucky xP

Whisbii

→ Persistence
    Years
    I agree with you. If she can't see that she needs to be immature to maintain a relationship with someone, then she probably isn't devoted to doing so. If she really saw that all you need her to do was be mature then she would probably do that if she really cared. Really this just adds on to her immaturity if you ask me.
    It does add on to immaturity, but a relationship can not grow if a person does not act their age. Thanks for your view on the matter.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Orly now? Hasn't happened yet :\ Most of us are too busy with our schedules and homework, or are art students.
    Most people would take time out of their schedules to pencil you in if given a chance. You just need to take some risks and initiate it. "Want to grab lunch/ a coffee after class?"
    If you can make time to post on a forum every day then you can spare 30 minutes a week to chat with a friend from class.

And what exactly is wrong with art students may I ask?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    And what exactly is wrong with art students may I ask?
    I'm going to guess that art students have to take extra time while they're not in class to build their portfolio. Doing art that's good enough to showcase the best of their talents on top of regular classwork, other extra school activities, maybe holding down a regular job, and doing whatever else during their "free time" probably doesn't leave a lot of time to build a relationship with someone.

That was the situation with my friend, who's in school for photography. She had no time to balance everything in her life because she had to use weekends to take and develop photos for school. At least she had the option of choosing her boyfriend over work, but others might not be so lucky to quit their job just to take a chance on finding a relationship. They might want to focus on college and building a secure future before they include someone new into that future.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I'm going to guess that art students have to take extra time while they're not in class to build their portfolio. Doing art that's good enough to showcase the best of their talents on top of regular classwork, other extra school activities, maybe holding down a regular job, and doing whatever else during their "free time" probably doesn't leave a lot of time to build a relationship with someone.

That was the situation with my friend, who's in school for photography. She had no time to balance everything in her life because she had to use weekends to take and develop photos for school. At least she had the option of choosing her boyfriend over work, but others might not be so lucky to quit their job just to take a chance on finding a relationship. They might want to focus on college and building a secure future before they include someone new into that future.

Then why didn't he lump it into those "busy with schedules"?
    Law students, those studying to become a doctor, people studying engineering, those are all courses that also have a lot of extra work on their hands. It doesn't mean that all art students don't want a relationship either, especially if they CAN make time to try one, especially if they see that the other party is interested.
    I graduated with an Art degree, so I know exactly how difficult it is, but if HE's the one who's willing to try, he can always go on an artsy date or can even say something like "hey let's go check out that museum for a couple hours- my treat, and it might just help inspire you for your art project if you are stuck on it."
    If anything it's a great way to break the ice because you already know their hobbies.

My course was very intense, and at the end of my last year I was working 18 hour days in the studio, but if an art student wants to make time for someone, they will find a way to make time- even if they need to schedule it a week or two from when you ask, so it's not really an excuse. If you're patient, why not take a chance instead of wallowing in a foreveralone mentality?

Razgriz

Acetaminophen
    Years
    well... I'm single like always. I like being single and I grew to get used to it so I stopped searching for love like i used to after several shot downs xD
    Now... well, I'm still OKAY but I do feel a little empty sometimes... it's the price you pay. Some of us aren't easily loved :)

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
    im currently in a relationship uwu. we've been together for more than a year and a half and im certain she's the one for me, simply because without her i feel as if im nothing. she's the only one that has fully understood me, been there for me, and she has and always will be my best friend. she's the only one that has ever felt right to me.

im being sappy because i love her too much shhh

Back