• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Shiny Pokemon in ORAS

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2016
    I have a shiny Charizard and shiny Rayquaza I got through events, plus a shiny Chandelure I got through Wonder Trade. I also got a shiny Jynx through Wonder Trade, though I have since given it away on the GTS.
    Haven't had any luck with wild shinies or breeding, unfortunately!

w1nd1n6s

Got my mind, soul and my body.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    Poochyena 14 Eggs
    BFUzE3D.jpg

Seviper 200 Eggs
    RBUZsuM.jpg

Slakoth 390 Eggs 31/24/31/31/31/31
    MtTAgLe.jpg

Cacnea 719 Eggs 31/31/31/31/31/31/16
    3mFO3YX.jpg

Random Encounter While EV Training
    cPloTA4.jpg

Benamon

Programmer and fan
    Years
  • I've gotten some strange ones in wonder trade.. a pidgeot, and a lugia. Aside from that I have that event rayquaza.
    I just wish I had a shiny greninja

Pook

Don't eat Slowpoke tails!
    Years
  • ORAS Shiny Hatch Gets

Alright I'm going to try and keep this thread updated and post my shiny egg gets.
    Everyone else should feel encouraged to post their shiny egg hatches and tell me what you did with them.

I hatched this bro and turned him into MegaBro
    9OW4pSO.png

My Intimidate/Unexpected Dragon Counter
    S1Sqpz0.png

Stallpluff
    UeeNn26.png

Eviolite Prankster Murkrow
    AqwppyY.png

I'll add the shiny machop I hatched on a different time.
    Currently I'm trying to hatch shiny cacnea. Wish me luck!

Last edited:

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • Alright I'm going to try and keep this thread updated and post my shiny egg gets.
    Everyone else should feel encouraged to post their shiny egg hatches and tell me what you did with them.

I hatched this bro and turned him into MegaBro
    9OW4pSO.png

My Intimidate/Unexpected Dragon Counter
    S1Sqpz0.png

Stallpluff
    UeeNn26.png

Eviolite Prankster Murkrow
    AqwppyY.png

I'll add the shiny machop I hatched on a different time.
    Currently I'm trying to hatch shiny cacnea. Wish me luck!

Dont suppose you could trade one of your non shiny prankster Murkrows to me for something?

Years
  • Just did a quick count, I have 9 :)

Metagross - Wonder Trade.
    Metang - Mine, I think it was the gift from Steven
    Woobat - GTS.
    Magneton - GTS as a Magnemite (I needed a Woobat and a Magnemite for my Pokédex and the shinies were the only ones I had Pokémon I could trade lol)

Now for the fun part! :) Ones I actually earned myself:

Linoone - Caught as a Zigzagoon, got it while I was Chain hunting for a Minun
    Minun - Got it!
    Venomoth - Again Chain hunting
    Umbreon - Got as an Eevee with an Impish nature. The first shiny I caught while Chain shiny hunting.
    Rampardos - My pride and joy! Beautiful red shiny, hatched as a Cranidos (after about 1033 eggs) after my first (and last honestly lol) attempt at the Masuda Method

SerpentManIV

I feel like a Charmillion Bucks!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Shiny Blastoise (got a Shiny Squirtle in Leaf Green, traded it down)
    Shiny Loudred (walking in a cave with no Repels is good)
    Shiny Rayquaza (Nintendo's gift to me)

Years
  • So far I've managed to get Wailmer and Feebas while chain fishing, and I've caught Oddish, Machop and Zubat in hordes. I've been trying to dexnav chain for a Ponyta and Zorua for a little while now, but I'm yet to have any luck using this method. I had the most luck with hordes in Y as well, so maybe it's just because I feel like the chances are better that I'm more inclined to try them...

Have since added Shuppet, Electrike and another Machop to my list. Horde encounters FTW! Shiny Manectric may be my new favourite...

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015
    Reshiram ,zekrom,thundurus,cobalion,azelf,ho-oh, lugia,charizard,blaziken,arcanine,lapras,luxray,tyrogue,venomoth,machoke,horsea,eevee,lairon,altaria,sandslash,shellos,shuppet,pinsir,milotic,sharpedo,electrike,loudred,gyarados,pikachu,pelipper,camerupt,kecleon,octillery,wailmer,zigzagoon,seaking aand metagross and rayquaza event lol

mannakete

exec hymme Holy=Judgment sos yor
    Years
  • Just a Luxray (besides event Rayquaza) I got from Wonder trading so far. Sadly shinies don't seem to like me.

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
    Years
  • I've had the craziest of luck today! I got the shiny Zorua that I have been hunting for a while at the 60th encounter! I moved on to the Safari Zone and got a shiny Rhyhorn at 22 encounters! This was late at night. This morning I continued from where I left from, at the Safari Zone, and while I was hunting for a shiny Heracross I got a Shiny Doduo at 43 encounters! And as if that were not enough, I kept on huntning, this time for a Wurmple, and got myself a shiny Seedot instead (my second one)! Such luck never happened to me before!

While I'm writing this, I am hunting for a Poochyena. The odds are in my favour so... :p

EDIT: I got the Poochyena the day after I posted this! This gold little fellow looks brilliant, though its IVs aren't the best... Well, a shiny is a shiny!
    SECOND EDIT: Who would believe? I kept on searching on the same area and got the shiny Wurmple that I was looking for when I found the Seedot! That makes the shiny count go to 6 for the past two days! I can't believe my luck!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    I was DexNaving for a Colour Change Kecleon and came across a shiny Kecleon but with colour change, so it now sits in my box doing nothing! Also I started a new playthrough and came across a shiny poochyena at the start. I wasn't really planning on using it but felt I maybe should since I really never find shines! She's finally grown on me and now I like having her in my team!

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
    Years
  • Other than the six shinies I got, which I mention before, my collection grows even bigger! This time I got a shiny Tympole, at only 126 dexnav encounters! That makes it totally seven in two days, after Zorua, Doduo, Rhyhorn, Wurmple, Seedot and Poochyena! Given that, I'm going to start building a shiny living dex, with all Pokemon caught by me! The list will be included below, followed by the Pokemon's nicknames and their meaning!

Spoiler:

I have also gotten a shiny Heracross which I named Pinknocchio because of its colour and long nose, but I traded it away for a Meloetta so that I could complete my living dex first. I'll reclaim it though!

I'll update when news come! Cheers!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I spent at least a day soft resetting the beginning to get my glorious shiny Sceptile! It looks even better in Mega. I'll be sure to add a picture later when I have one. I gotta say I think I may be done with active shiny hunting. It just takes way too much time I would rather spend on playing new games.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2023
    One time I got a shiny absol on the wondertrade but obliviously traded it away by accident. -__-
    I also got a slurpuff that is /probably/ hacked. Supposedly came from a pokemon center, shiny, raised to level 100, was apparently taken into all the contests and the E4 of Hoenn, was also bought some of those really expensive ribbons, and I think it had those daily ribbons. It had the effort ribbon too I think. Either it has a bunch of perfect stats or somebody just randomly marked it because its got like five of those marks. Which makes me wonder--if it was hacked and those marks are its perfect stats, then why would somebody hack for a pokemon with only a few perfect stats? But eh whatever.

As for my own shinies, I got a shiny feebas while chain fishing. Also two machop, a spinda, and two meditite while horde encountering--and only the meditites were remotely intentional!
    I intend to hunt for more shinies soon. If I can get a chain going, I think I'll try going for buneary! Otherwise might try hording for ralts(or whatever I feel like).

Back