• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Shiny Pokemon in ORAS

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Well I haven't posted in here for a while, but I am doing a shiny badge quest in my OR version and I currently have Swampert, Nuzleaf, Hariyama, Camerupt, Masquirain, Swablu, and seedot. As for my AS version, I don't remember what the last Pokemon I posted was soo I'll find that post and update.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I hatched a shiny Weedle, Tirtouga, and two Scatterbugs other than my TSV match hatches <3 Weedle and Tirtouga have alright IVs--29/31/31/31/31/31 and 31/31/31/31/20/31--and one of my Scatterbugs is 6IV but BRAVE and the WRONG PATTERN :( I have High Plains on X but for some reason I have Ocean on Alpha Sapphire lol. I wanted a High Plains one in a Nest Ball, but now I have a Brave 6IV Ocean in a Nest, not a Dive ball ;;

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Unfortunately I haven't found any shinies in Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire. But I'm sure it'll be a matter of time before I run into one, seeing as I'm highly contemplating on doing a shiny badge quest here really soon.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Aside from the "mystery gifts", I was gifted a shiny Chikorita from a co-supervisor of mine, as well as a shiny Goomy with Hydration. :D

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • How do I hatch shiney pokemon

By luck, unfortunately! There is no way to guarantee you'll get a shiny Pokemon; however, there are ways to increase your chances of hatching one! If you complete the National Pokedex, you will receive the Shiny Charm, and if you breed with one foreign parent (a Pokemon from a game with a language that's not your own) and one of your Pokemon, the chances of hatching a shiny increases slightly!

If you want to get really technical, each egg actually has something called an Egg Shiny Value (ESV), and each trainer has a Trainer Shiny Value (TSV). If the ESV and TSV match, the egg will hatch shiny. You can use an external device to check an ESV and there are many online communities dedicated to helping people find others with matching TSVs. That's kind of complicated, but thought I would mention it anyway :p

Next time please use the Quick Questions thread, though :] Thought I would just answer it this time.

Talnov

Sir Talnov, of house Fluffy Cat
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2017
    i got a 6IV adamant shiny riolu with bullet punch from wonder trade in exchange for one of many 5-6 IV non-shiny riolu with bullet punch I've been hatching to get a shiny riolu for battle.

i cant help but feel i ripped someone off........

i also got a shiny garchomp from wonder trade. it barely looks different from the normal form. i was happy but i like colorful shinies, like wevile.

i need to beat pokemon white so i can get my shiny nidoqueen i caught back in gen 3.

Last edited:

VanillaMiltank

GET SOME MILK
    Years
  • I received through Wonder Trade, a shiny Cyndaquil and Chikorita - of which is now a lovely shiny Meganium :) I gave away my shiny Typhlosion shortly after...

Years
  • I ran into a shiny spoink! I was thankfully able to catch it but I forgot what I nicknamed it. I think it's on my Alpha Sapphire.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Caught a shiny poochyena through dex nav chaining while i was aiming for a Zorua

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    The current shiny Pokemon that i Own are as follows

Chain Fishing: Luvdisc, Gyrados, Walimer
    Breeding: Chandelure
    Random Encounter: Camerupt
    Event: Metagross, Rayquaza
    Trade: Rayquaza

Currently Working on: Feebas/Milotic, Larvesta

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • The first shiny I ever came across was a shiny Zigzagoon during my first start. It was after getting the game for the first time. After that, I never saw anymore shinies though. An ex-friend of mine said this happened to a lot of people... but I don't know whether to believe her, considering well... she IS my ex-friend.

Other than that, I haven't seen any of them. I don't make a habit to go on a hunt for them like most do. It's too difficult, and it's just something I find tiresome after a certain amount of time doing it. Don't shoot me shiny hunters lol

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • Almost all of the shinies that I have in ORAS were transferred from my X game. The only shiny that I have in ORAS is the US event Rayquaza which I'm still soft resetting to get good ivs.

Years
  • Hatched a shiny 31/31/x/31/31/31 Binacle by accident and although it's not flawless, I still kept it for trading/breeding, ad even got it cloned once for a friend.

Then I hatched a shiny Timid Cyndaquil in a Repeat Ball, but it didn't have a flawless spread so I'm just keeping it around as a trophy.

Both those shinies are hatched by accident xd

Back