• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Shiny Pokemon in ORAS

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2023
    I'm Shiny Hunting in a bad way on Pokémon ORAS. After finishing the classic Shiny (aka Hordes + Fishing) i've used the tool for editing hordes with the spider web injection (same as injecting pokémon) in order to have some fun with Shining Charm.

Found something like 80 Shiny like this, and i really find some fun when i want to take a break from Shiny Hunting on Pokémon Fire Red.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Ran into a shiny Magikarp by pure luck in Alpha Sapphire. The other shiny I own is a event Rayquaza (I now really want a shiny Zigzagoon :3)

Years
  • Been breeding Froakies in masses (Think I am at egg number 300ish), spoiler: No Shiny Froakie yet, but what I do with all of my Froakies I Wonder Trade them to see what I get and not just once, but twice have I gotten a shiny. First one was a shiny Minun and some days later I got a shiny Kyogre, as guessed the Kyogra hadn't been caught in gen 6 since it didn't have the blue pentagon, but still got happy when receiving it. So that's my experience with shinies in ORAS :P

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
  • I've gotten so many Shiny(s) from Wondertrade, you wouldn't believe it.

The only Shiny(s) that I've encountered in the wild in X/Y/OR/AS was a shiny Tentacool I found during my Omega Ruby Wonderlocke last week.

So far, I have the following;

Shiny Sylveon
    Shiny Starmie
    Shiny Ninetales
    Shiny Rayquaza
    Shiny Yveltal *someone traded me their event Yveltal o.o*
    Shiny Greninja.
    Shiny Swirlix
    Shiny Tentacool

There's quite a few more, but I won't name them all here. The above list, minus the Tentacool, are all on my Alpha Sapphire.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2017
    Caught my first shiny just now! A Hariyama, completely at random after about 45 hours of gameplay! Only problem is I'm not a huge Hariyama fan.

Mosbyyy

MEGA EVO OP!!!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2017
    31/0/31/30/31/31
    wZUtOwL.jpg

31/31/31/31/31/31
    79DB3Fe.jpg

I don't remember this one but only speD stat is 19 IVs
    pu8xn1k.jpg

I breed all of them, different OT because I ask some ppl I know to help me hatch them

KODAH

Supporter
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2019
    Ive been a shiny hunter since x and y's release i love chaining. the feeling you get when you find that shiny after a long hunt is just.... breathtaking

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2016
    So I received a shiny Pinsir from a wonder trade with pokerus (accidently lost it), ability capsule, fully maxed PP, every ribbon from competitions possible, and pretty much just all around the perfect Pinsir to my knowledge.

If anyone wants to trade for something let me know as I'm not typically a "perfect competitive" trainer, Im just trying to casually complete my dex :-)

-X

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I don't know how, but I managed to encounter 3-4 shiny Roselia on Route 117. Caught them all, will probably trade the extras away on here someday when I get around to it.

This wasn't all at once, by the way. Probably over the period of a month early last year.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I've fish chained two Tentacool, 5 Magikarp, two Feebas and one Wailmer. The Magikarp was while looking for the second Tentacool.

I've horde hunted 1 Meditite

I've dexnaved Skitty, Slakoth, Wurmple, Taillow, Marill, Roselia, Illumise, two Pikachu, Oddish and Heracross.

Illumise and Heracross were first encounters. Meditite was in 27 hordes. If I get doubles of Pokemon that evolves I'll evolve it.

I don't have shiny charm and got a lot of these before passing Mauville city to route 118.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2019
    I found a Shiny Luvdisc randomly one day when I was searching for Heart Scales. Then I also got a Shiny Torchic (now Blaziken) through trade.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Just a Ditto (from a giveaway) and a Lileep (which I evolved later, and randomly got from the GTS). Also apparently I encountered a Shiny Metagross. I don't really remember encountering one.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • After using the DexNav Chaining method, I managed to catch 3 shiny Pokemon; Growlithe, Lotad and Gloom.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2017
    Been breeding Froakies in masses (Think I am at egg number 300ish), spoiler: No Shiny Froakie yet, but what I do with all of my Froakies I Wonder Trade them to see what I get and not just once, but twice have I gotten a shiny. First one was a shiny Minun and some days later I got a shiny Kyogre, as guessed the Kyogra hadn't been caught in gen 6 since it didn't have the blue pentagon, but still got happy when receiving it. So that's my experience with shinies in ORAS :P
    Does that mean it was a fake/hacked Kyroge?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2016
    No shinies yet in OR. I am, however, determined to start the game with a shiny Mudkip. It appears I am not a very lucky person since I've done 4,500+ SRs with no avail.

jdprager

OH MY GOD I FREAKING LOVE HYDREIGON
    Years
  • I caught a shiny zigzagoon in the very first forest. I didn't chain or anything, I just saw the shaky grass with the tail sticking up, and BAM. I kept it on my team through the elite 4 and named it Nymph

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    I dont have many shiny. I have : Latias , Greninja , Haxorus , Umbreon , Kyogre , Charizard and Arcanine

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Since my last post I've Dex naved and found the following shinies

Sandshrew in 2 encounters
    Doduo
    Pidgeotto
    Girafarig
    Vulpix in 599 encounters
    Minun
    Voltorb

Back