• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Shiny Pokemon in ORAS

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2023
    One time I got a shiny absol on the wondertrade but obliviously traded it away by accident. -__-
    I also got a slurpuff that is /probably/ hacked. Supposedly came from a pokemon center, shiny, raised to level 100, was apparently taken into all the contests and the E4 of Hoenn, was also bought some of those really expensive ribbons, and I think it had those daily ribbons. It had the effort ribbon too I think. Either it has a bunch of perfect stats or somebody just randomly marked it because its got like five of those marks. Which makes me wonder--if it was hacked and those marks are its perfect stats, then why would somebody hack for a pokemon with only a few perfect stats? But eh whatever.

As for my own shinies, I got a shiny feebas while chain fishing. Also two machop, a spinda, and two meditite while horde encountering--and only the meditites were remotely intentional!
    I intend to hunt for more shinies soon. If I can get a chain going, I think I'll try going for buneary! Otherwise might try hording for ralts(or whatever I feel like).

Time for an update.

From the wondertrade, I got a shiny cofagrigus and riolu, both seem to be totally legit.
    I got a shiny luvdisc and a shiny wailmer(named Wailward Son) from chain fishing. I got a shiny oddish after only two random hoardes one day, and a shiny wingull while trying to hoarde for an electrike. Also got a shiny swablue while searching for secret bases to steal flags from. I'd have a shuppet too, but I accidentally KO'd it. -__-
    Best of all though, I Masuda'ed and got a 5IV shiny buneary! :D I'm super happy about that! Now I just need to Masuda for more pokemon, haha.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Time for an update.

From the wondertrade, I got a shiny cofagrigus and riolu, both seem to be totally legit.
    I got a shiny luvdisc and a shiny wailmer(named Wailward Son) from chain fishing. I got a shiny oddish after only two random hoardes one day, and a shiny wingull while trying to hoarde for an electrike. Also got a shiny swablue while searching for secret bases to steal flags from. I'd have a shuppet too, but I accidentally KO'd it. -__-
    Best of all though, I Masuda'ed and got a 5IV shiny buneary! :D I'm super happy about that! Now I just need to Masuda for more pokemon, haha.

Wow, that's so lucky. Looks like you've got quite the collection going ^_^

How often do you do Wondertrade? I'd imagine you'd have to do it a lot in order to have had that much luck getting shinies out of it~

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2023
    Wow, that's so lucky. Looks like you've got quite the collection going ^_^

How often do you do Wondertrade? I'd imagine you'd have to do it a lot in order to have had that much luck getting shinies out of it~

For a while, I wondertraded once a day, but I've been too lazy to do that lately. XD
    The most pokemon I wondertrade at one time is a full box, give or take a few retrades in the same sitting. Overall I'd estimate it takes about 30-50 mons to have decent chances of receiving a shiny off the wondertrade.(Well, that and luck and a really generous stranger, haha.)

Years
  • The first shiny I got in AS was a Cofagrigus from a WT. Followed by a Chesnaught, Hawlucha and Luvdisc. I've since traded away the Luvdisc, and I got a shiny Darkrai in return. (Before I started Dexnav-chaining I tried the Masuda method instead with no luck, so I had ~5 boxes full of Eevees I ended up WT'ing away >->')

I've also done some Dexnav chaining and caught three Eevees (evolved one into Umbreon and another into Jolteon. Planning on evolving the third one into Flareon) and one Zorua that way. I also managed to catch a shiny Magikarp, but I traded that one away earlier today and got a shiny Arceus in return.
    (It's a pretty funny thought that I traded away the canonically weakest and most useless pokémon ever and got a literal god-creature in return for it xD)

So, my list is currently like this:

- Eevee
    - Umbreon
    - Jolteon
    - Cofagrigus
    - Arceus
    - Hawlucha
    - Chesnaught
    - Zorua

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Shiny Elgyem GET!

Spoiler:

I'm amazed at how many I'm finding in this game. I've never had this kind of luck obtaining shinies :o

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    only recently (before I returned) I got a shiny Shuppet, 3 shiny Zubats and a shiny Gastly. The Gastly is my first ever hatched shiny.

Zanzarro

n00b
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2015
    2 Eevee's (i accidentally killed the 1st one because i didn't saw it lol), Ralts and Zorua

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
  • I've caught a total of 5 shinies so far in OR/AS, all of them I caught by using DexNav. My first OR/AS shiny is a shiny Zorua, now a shiny Zoroark, caught it after a total of 325 encounters. The second was a shiny Zangoose which I caught after somewhere between 140-169 encounters, followed by a shiny Tyrogue now Hitmonlee after 129 encounters, a shiny Ralts after 4 encounters (10 if I can't previous encounters before I even started hunting for it), and my most recent being a shiny Machop and I don't even remember how many encounters I had to go through to catch it.

I'm currently hunting for a shiny Marill and its so far taking the longest to find. I've stopped hunting for it for right now, but I will continue my hunt for it hopefully sometime soon.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Got a Dexnav chain of around 140 in Mirage Forest DexNaving for a Shiny Petilil...Nothing.

Take a short break and on a Dexnav chain of 2...Shiny Petilil. My reaction was similar to one of those overjoyed reactions on a Shiny Reaction video. One of my favourite Pokemon. I plan to use her in Contests. :) My first Dexnav Shiny.

Zanzarro

n00b
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2015
    2 shiny's today so far! Cherrim and Klefki, currently going for Cottonee and Phantump :D

Cassandra

Transgender Queen
    Years
  • The only shinies I have are ones that were released as events. Shinies are meaningless nowadays, what with hackers oversaturating the GTS with them and all. There isn't really a single special quality about them except for a palette swap. That's why I haven't put a whole lot of effort into shiny hunting.

Years
  • I've only been shiny hunting for a few weeks, and i already have quite a few number of shinies! Most are from dexnav and hoards, I've only gotten one through Masuda...
    Azumarill- Took about 30ish encounters dexnaving on water!
    Audino-Three dexnav encounters, and I LOVE the mega!
    Swablu/Altaria- about 15 dexnav encounters.
    Wailmer,Aron,Poochyena(Took me over 900 ecounters), Sewaddle,Deino, Skorupi, Gulpin, Seedot, Machoke(JOHNCENA), and so many more...

LadyVenus

Team Cipher
    Years
  • I have encountered no shiny Pokemon so far. And trust me, I have played a lot. I have the most terrible luck with shinies. Been playing since Crystal and have actually never encountered one. :O

Perhaps I should get into breeding...

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Just a Clauncher I bred for and since it's perfect in every way I plan on EV training it with the most optimal moveset, but I also finally transferred over the five shinies I got in Sapphire way back when. Linoone, Ninjask, Shedinja, Ninetales, and Sceptile came full-circle by being in my Alpha Sapphire. I have hundreds of shinies due to formerly having a trade thread back in 4th gen, but those and the Floatzel I caught in Pearl are unique in that I got them without any fancy tricks like pokeradar, dexnav, or RNG or anything, I just got lucky.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • So far in Omega Ruby, I only caught two Wailmer from chain fishing and a Gloom with the dexnav that I wasn't even trying to get.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Since my last update I have caught Shiny Cottonee, Misdreavus and Buneary by the Dexnav Method. They have all been female which considering all three Pokemon are more feminine is ideal.

I am particularly pleased with catching Shiny Cottonee. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    I got shiny Shuppet, Zubat, Onix, Maractus and Whismur.
    I caught Zubat and Onix on the same day, while I'm looking for female Onix hidden ability.

I want to evolve my Onix because it has the Relaxed nature.

Back