• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Shiny Pokemon in ORAS

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2015
    I have a shiny Hariyama. I caught him on Victory Road and it was a random encounter. When I attacked him to weaken him, I nearly KO'd him, there was only the tiniest HP left. But then I caught him and I was so exited that I was literally jumping up and down in the middle of my living room, screaming. It's my first ever shiny and he was on my team I used to beat the elite four.

Years
  • I still haven't gotten any shinies in ORAS at the time of this typing, but once I get the Shiny Charm I may very well have to attempt to get Kyurem. Or some other cool shiny I might like.

Years
  • Hmm, I got a shiny Swablu from the Smogon ORAS Hype giveaway and didn't use it until I laid my hands on Alpha Sapphire, so technically it was my first shiny there :3

Other than that I've masuda'd a 31/31/31/07/31/31 Gible and 31/31/31/31/31/x Bagon in AS

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    I've finally finished my quest to get the Tao Trio as all good IV'd shinies. It took about a month, but I got my desired Zekrom (from AS), Reshiram (from OR), and two Kyurems (one on AS, one on OR).

All are shiny, here are the IV spreads, I used a IV calculator to get a close reading, then did the level up and reset to get their exact IV stat, using Marriland's IV Calculator.
    Kyurem (Modest for W-Kyurem): 30/24/30/31/31/31
    Kyurem (Adamant for B-Kyurem): 31/31/31/12/30/31
    Zekrom (Adamant): 31/31/30/16/31/31
    Reshiram (Modest): 30/8/31/31/31/31

And as I'm generous, I'm going to be cloning these and doing a giveaway in the Trade Corner Quick Trades, after my current one and the next one, so it will be about 2 weeks as each of the others will be a week long. Keep an eye out for it when the time comes if you want these bad boys.

EDIT: Here's proof for anybody that wants it.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Akira Ichikawa

Pokemon Horder
    Years
  • While training, I randomly encountered a shiny Surskit on route 117. First shiny to run into in my OR so far.

But I did also get a shiny Jirachi and a shiny Numel through wonder trade. :)

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    let me tell you guys a story.

for two weeks after ORAS was released, i spent day and night soft resetting for a Shiny Treecko. i even restarted several files out of the fear they might be "bad" due to how long it was taking to get the shiny. but no matter what i did that little sucker would just not appear, and i was starting to lose hope.

one night while i was out with my roommate, soft resetting in the passenger seat of the car two weeks later.. i got it. i jumped and yelped out in surprise at seeing that blue and red gecko pop out of the pokeball too, because i wasn't even paying attention to my screen until it sparkled out of the corner of my eye. i immediately started to cry too like the nerd i am- out of happiness? who knows! my happiness was only amplified to see that my Shiny Treecko in particular turned out to be a female. my game slapped rare ontop of rare for me. B)

.. and then i stopped playing ORAS. :x ahahaha.
    all that time i spent... ech, i really should get back to playing it soon, maybe.

Years
  • I actually want to cry, I'm so happy right now :)

I was DexNav chaining trying to get a shiny Eevee, my Search Level was up to 397 and I was seriously doubting it even worked lol, but then eventually I got a successful chain (I calculated it and I'm pretty sure it was 119) and there... lo and behold, was my shiny Eevee!!!! :) All I could think was "omg no way, NO WAY! It actually works!!"

So yeah, super happy right now and just trying to figure out what to evolve it to. My favourite Eeveelutions are Vaporeon, Umbreon and Leafeon and as it's got an Impish nature I'm thinking Umbreon. But yeah just wanted to share!!!! :)

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • Well I have shiny Darkrai, and that's pretty much it. I got that Darkrai from a fellow pokecommunity member. I'm still iin the beginning of ORAS, so I think I'll eventually get another one.

Years
  • I found a shiny Electrode in the Aqua hideout. I actually wanted to catch the first (normal) one but it killed itself with selfdestruct - fortunately I had picked up the Master Ball before, so I could catch my shiny right away without worrying if it might kill itself too!

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I actually caught a shiny zigzagoon in my AS version. First shiny that I have seen and caught in ORAS. total of 5 for me... 2 caught and 3 hatched from eggs

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    Well I got a shiny magnemite through breeding out of pure luck and a shiny spinda through horde battle also out of luck.

Years
  • I was trying to hatch a shiny Hawlucha, and was nicknaming and WTing about half of what I hatched for the fun of it. All in one day, I got a shiny aurorus, shiny spheal, shiny shinx, and competitive shiny cradily from WT. And I only traded off about 35 hawlucha! I was just sitting there, stunned.

And just before I gave up hatching for the night: BAM.
    Shiny Hawlucha.

T'was a marvelous day indeed.

Back