• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your view on love

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    "I love you"

I guess this will be quite an interesting topic.

questions to take into consideration;
    What would you describe as love? Do you believe in love? Do you believe in love at first sight? Have you ever felt love with another person, other than a family member?

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Aaa this is kind of hard! I think that real love is unconditional. When you take someone for who they are and when you accept and embrace them, and all their aspects, whether they are positive or negative. When you would do anything for someone, and not necessarily expect something back from them, it would be selfless.

Do you believe in love?

I believe in love, but I also believe that it is very rare.

Do you believe in love at first sight?
    Strangely enough I do think that something like that exists, because people do have a certain energy and even a first impression of someone isn't all physical, so I do believe that you can fall in love with someone upon sight, because maybe subconsciously you fell for the energy they emit.

Have you ever felt love with another person, other than a family member?
    With my friends, but that goes without saying. I am not sure if I have felt it otherwise, yet.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
    The reason why I'm posting this is because I'm currently listening to "I Will," from the old FMA, or Fullmetal Alchemist. And it got me thinking, what do I think about the way I love people?

To be honest, I'm not a people person. At least, in public. Plus, I study people before I actually "talk" to them.

Getting away from the point though, I view love as... something chemical in the brain, but also something immeasurable. Or rather, incomprehensible.

Love, to me, is important on loving yourself before loving anyone else. I learned that the hard way.

Now that I mention it, I'm still learning.

So how do you love?

P.S. If this didn't make any sense, please let me know, and I'll try and fix it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    As an engineer, I spend a lot of time quantifying love. When I feel a particular surge of love for my boyfriend, I always look for the cause, and accept it even if it is dumb, like the other day when he was really tired and then suddenly perked up and started talking to me and it made me really happy, haha. I also make lists. They're usually filled with hundreds of little things that make me smile about the person, because I feel like if I understand it I can feel it more.

My boyfriend has a philosophical mindset and it's really funny - once I asked him why he loved me and he told me that it's not something he can explain, and meanwhile I had this long list of why ready to tell him if he asked me in return, lol.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Love is... well... I guess it's that warm sensation of undeniable attraction of holding strong feelings for someone else. Or even yourself. It's hard to explain, it's an indescribable feeling. But I still believe in it. I also believe in love at first sight, I mean it's like two puzzle pieces looking for each other then once quick glance, boom. The pieces fit! Yeah, terrible analogy, but you get my point.

I have been in love with a person, not counting friends or anything. I'm talking romantically.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    What would you describe as love?
    I would define love as the highest degree of friendship. On a scale of 0 to 100, it'd be say 75 or above, or something like that. To me, that's all it is.

Do you believe in love?
    Oh yes, very much so.

It's a theoretical possibility, but I generally don't believe it actually occurs in reality.

Many, many times. Given, I am an old fashioned person who does not consider love a sexual thing and will in fact allow myself to feel and express love for any one of my friends should they earn that sort of standing with me.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    Love in an inexplainable feeling felt for another person, normally someone you were friends with originally. It has varying depths be it a slight "crush" to full on love love. The love you feel for one person will never be felt for someone else (Which makes the phrase "I've never felt like this before" kinda like... I can't think of the word right now... And also annuls the time I said it.)

Do you believe in love?
    Of course!

Yes. It's rare but it's definitely possible!

I feel love for someone at the moment.

Harebrained

Switch to decaf? Never!
    Years
    I'm not a believer in love at first sight because I believe love is not hormones, butterflies in your stomach, simple attraction, or romantic fantasies that make you swoon, it's what you build up between the two of you over time and the aging of the initial feelings of attraction and connection (kind of like cheese or wine, only feelings?). Love isn't found or sparked, it's grown. That's not gonna happen the first time your eyes meet, obviously.

Besides my family, I love a lot of people. It's in my nature to get very attached to the people in my life.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I've never really thought of love at first sight. I can see crushes happening at first sight, but not full on love. Least, not in reality. I don't think Love is describable though. It's an emotion that has so many other emotions and memories mixed into it, that it's hard to give it a single definition, in my opinion. I however, do believe in it and that it eventually happens. When it does, then one can hope that it's the right love, or one that will end in heartbreak.

As for feeling love other than family... I'm going to have to say no. I've had several boyfriends in the past, and while I may have said 'I Love You' to them, I honestly don't think I really did. Call me cruel, but If I did, then I would have been able to see past their flaws, and may or may not still be with one of them and not be single today.

Years
    I find the ideas some people have about love to be kinda funny. I know when I was younger, like in high school, I would think that it was perfectly possible that love at first sight might exist, or that people have soul mates, etc.

Now that I'm older I know that's all a bunch of bollocks. Love exists. But it's nothing magical like that. It's great, but it's not magical. It's just an attachment style that everyone is capable of forming with someone else. Except people with personality disorders or attachment disorders, I guess.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Nope, I can't explain love, and I get the feeling it would take a loooooooong time for me to find a suitable description. However, I believe in all kinds of love; first sight, second sight, even leer sight.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Love? Whenever I think about that word, it reminds me of a person getting crazy! XD; I do believe in love while I don't believe in love at first sight, basically, the thing about love at first sight is that, people intend to look at the appearance than who the person is, so I'm actually against it. :p

Remember, it's an opinion. So don't bother. ^.^

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Love;
    A complete worthless emotion, a waste of your time, and not necessary for anyone.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    As I have said in every thread we've had about love:

Love is a word with a lot of meaning, but no true definition.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Love;
    A complete worthless emotion, a waste of your time, and not necessary for anyone.
    oh

I agree with Sydian on this one. Love is different to everyone. The general idea I get from people is that love is a strong feeling of attraction towards someone, a feeling of mutual togetherness. It's different for everyone, some may find love worthless, some may find love essential to their lives and some just don't care about it at all. I personally define love as a bond that ties people together, a bond that might not be attraction per say (as in the case of family) but a bond that.. is just there. I don't know how to explain it.
    I believe in love at first sight. For starters, there's the motherly love that comes from her seeing her child for the very first time and then there's the corny wind in her hair, romantic music in the background, time slows down sort of love at first sight. Just because I (or you, possibly) haven't experienced it, it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Of course, you have to be careful that it isn't lust at first sight.
    I've felt love for many people that are not family members. My best friends, my boyfriends and sadly, my cat. Don't judge my cat love omg

Years
    My own definition of love is that feeling when you want to do something good for someone else. So when you pick up something that someone dropped that's a little, tiny piece of love you're giving that person. When your feelings get entangled with wishing someone else would do something good for you then you're in romantic love territory. I guess I could just say that to me love = goodwill, but that doesn't seem to quite explain it enough. Not that I can really explain something like love. I just know that I've felt it many times and I hope I never stop feeling it.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    A general way to put it - To love is to value
    Love is a description of a person's response to objects while he/she loves/cherishes/desires/etc above all else
    That's not all, many ways to describe love.

Do you believe in love?
    As in, does it exist? Yes....

One can fall in love just from visual sensory information, yes.

why I love wonjoon0330

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years

Love is something quite indescribable. It's really hard to describe love, because it involves a lot of qualities that is also found in deep friendship. Even I can't tell you when i felt I'm in love. It's a feeling you just woke up with and say Oh, ****. I;m in love.

Do you believe in love?

Of course, I do.

No. That would be called infatuation, and not love. It took me almost a year before I loved this girl.

yes. with my girlfriend.

Back