• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You're HOW old?

You look older or younger than your actual age?

• Older

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • Younger

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I look my age :D

Votes: 14 18.2%

• Total voters

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
  • Some days, my mother says that I look 12 because I am so tiny that my jacket swallows me. >:<

That is insulting. Too tiny is gross. Idk how to eat more than I do.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I actually had a few fellow CS guys offer me some drinks the other day. I told them that was heading out, or I would have accepted. They asked why not just take it with me, and then I explained that I wasn't 21. That was pretty cool.

I really wouldn't care even if people thought I was younger unless they started being condescending (but I take issue with anyone that's being condescending). I was better looking when I was younger, anyway; I played hockey back then and didn't have a huge gut.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'm 15 years old. I hear very constantly that I look like I'm 18. Once, I've heard I look like I'm 21 or so. I guess facial hair helps.

shu

so alone so lost inside
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2017
    people think im older probly bout 16 even though im only 14.

Years
  • A couple of years ago I went to the pub with a few of my college friends but when I went to the bar to order my drink the bar maid asked where my mummy and daddy were. :S I'm 20 years old and people still think I'm 10 or 11 due to my height.

There was also another occassion about 5 or 6 years ago. It was my birthday and to celebrate me and my family went to a chinese resturant for dinner. It was one of those all you could eat places so I went up to get something to eat. I was wearing a birthday badge with my age on it, this elderly women in front of me turns to me and says are you really *insert age here* (I can't remember how old I was) you look a lot younger.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • I'm 15. People have told me I look seventeen, but that's only when I havn't shaved and my mustache and poor excuse for a beard grow out.

Annoyed: No, I quite enjoy it actually =)

Flattered: Yes, I like people to think I'm older than I really am. It helps when you have an opinion because the younger you are and people know that, the less likely they are to take what you say seriously.

Stories: Me and my family were walking down a street in New Orleans and a stripper walked up to me asking if I wanted a private show XD My mom was pissed and asked how old she thought I was, the stripper answered, "Sweetie, don't get huffy over your little boy-toy. He looks 18 to me." I laughed so hard after that. My dad was using a restroom in a bar nearby so he didn't know what happened.

Another time I was on a cruise for the summer and it had a program for kids. So I went to register for the Teens group and the lady manning the registrations looked at me and said, "I'm sorry, sir. Are you lost? Registration for Teens ages 15-17 are over there." I ask how old she thought I was and she said I looked 17.

Micro SD

HubbaBubba
    Years
  • I'm seventeen. People always say I look 19/20sih, especially when I don't shave. But I'm used to it; when I was 12 people said I looked 14, when I was 14 it was 16, etc...

Personally, I think it's flattering. It's helped me sneak in a few movies anyways lol.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Most people think that I am a lot younger for my age. Everyone is saying that I am about 16 or 18 years old. When I tell everyone my real age they are suprised. They are thinking I am so much younger. Well to me it is alright, it doesn't bother me that much. Since now I lost weight it really shows that I am a lot younger. Now if I was taller...I would look like my age then. XD And maybe wear some makeup, which I need to start wearing again.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • People say different things for me. I've been told that I look sixteen and that look twenty. When I look in the mirror, I see an 18 year old, but then again what do I know?

The best story I have is when this woman at some local skate shop was hitting on me, asking me how old I was. When I told her I was 13, she looked so depressed and said she thought I was 16. I wonder what would have happened if I'd lied...

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • It depends on if I'm wearing my glasses or not, or what outfit I'm wearing.
    Sometimes, people tell me I look like a sophmore, other times, they think I'm 2 years older than I actually am. *shrugs* guess its all about what the other person sees. I think I look my age.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • People get surprised when I say I'm 18, not like "OMG OMG OMG FOR REAL??!?!?!?!?!" Just like "Oh, I thought you were like 16" lol. It doesn't bother me at all.

bmah

B.A.M.
    Years
  • At 21, I probably can still pass off as 16-17 or even 15. At first, I used to get annoyed by this, but now I take this in stride and more or less a compliment - I think this is more apparent when you get older. Only downsides are age assumptions for stuff like gambling/scratch tickets, buying liqueur, bars, etc. Not that I do much of those, but in any case, actual proof will just mitigate that.

Years
  • It annoys the hell out of me when people say "Oh look at the cute 2nd grader!" I'M 16, DUMBASS. Yeah, since I'm very short for my age, 4'01'', like 1.something meters, and I get mistaken for a grade school student.

But it had it's perks too. Like cute girls for example.

bmah

B.A.M.
    Years
  • ALSO, you can often get away with cheaper ticket prices for stuff like rides, movies, etc. as long as you're willing to pretend you're younger than you really are.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • I'm 17 and I think I look it. When I was 16 a girl told me I looked 18, but that's probably because I have facial hair. I guess it does kind of make me look older, but that's only because people my age usually shave. I like having facial hair though. :]

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i'm somehow one of those people who can pass off for way younger and way older than i really am. i've managed to fake being real young to get into places cheaper like the annual fair, and my old coworkers thought i was a college student for the longest time >_>

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
  • I always get one or the other. I'm 17, but I'm short (like 5'1) and I always wear jeans and t shirts, so people think I'm like 12. On the other hand, I wear alot of eye makeup and have lines under my eyes from lack of sleep, so people see that and think I'm older, which was a perk the time I bought champagne for my sister and didn't get carded(lol don't freak, my sis is 30 and I was getting it for her birthday present. I went in with my mom to pick it out and so she could buy it, but when I got to the checkout the lady just checked ME out and didn't even think twice!)

The only time it ever bothered me was when I went to get a haircut and the lady was making smalltalk with me and started out with, "So do you have any kids?" I WAS FIFTEEN AT THE TIME!!! >_>

Back