• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You're too old for Pokémon!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Hell, I'll be 29 next month and I'm still not too old for Pokemon. Who cares its what we grew up on. I'll wear my Pokemon shirts to work and not care what people think.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I got bullied in secondary school for liking Pokemon, but I learned to ignore haters. Next time, if someone asks if I'm too old to play Pokemon, I'll either say "Aren't you a little old to be asking stupid questions?" or "I think I'm old enough to choose what I want to play thank you very much." As long as you enjoy something, it doesn't matter if you're too old for it.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    No, I've never been told that I'm too old for Pokémon. Then again I also keep it to myself a lot of the time, and don't really tell anyone unless I know they play it themselves or they wouldn't really care.

Years
  • I don't really believe in the whole "video games are just for kids" thing mostly because it isn't true. I haven't been bullied for liking Pokemon, in fact, lots of my peers play it still. However, I'm only 13, and I don't think that's considered "too old" by people. Though I don't care what they think. I'll be gaming till the day I die.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • In India, there is a general beleif that Pokemon is solely meant for kids, be it games, or anime, or cards. They tell me "Pokemon! Oh c'mon.. You're not a kid anymore". Most of my friends beleive that if you are a grown-up, you ought to play fifa, far cry, NFS.. and so on, but no pokemon. But, since pokemon is a part of my life, i don't see myself giving 'em up now, or in the future.

Years
  • Ever since B/W came out, most of my friends and even my Mum claim I'm too old for Pokemon. The majority of my friends don't know I play Pokemon nowadays but whenever my Mum complains I usually just "cool" and carry on, if you enjoy something you shouldn't let other people dictate what you can and can't do :)

Talon Flare

Learning to break kayfabe
    Years
  • I actually started playing Pokemon during my pre-teen years back in 2010. Now I'm 19 and I'm still playing Pokemon and collecting cards.

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    Last time I checked, Pokemon is rated E for everyone, not specifically children. Besides, who cares if adults or teens do something viewed as "childish"? Is that really a bad thing? Is it a crime to have fun and enjoy things that make you happy? I personally don't care at all what others say about me or what I do. I am an adult, and I will continue to play and enjoy Pokemon for as long as I want to, and no one can make me say or do otherwise.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • My (younger) brother is practically the only person who says such a childish insult to me, and always pledges allegiance solely to Legend of Zelda (unless it comes to TCG. That's the only thing he's in it for).

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2016
    When someone says to me I'm to old to play Pokémon I ask him if he plays to have fun or to feel like an adult.

PokemonCoders

Gotta Cheat em All
    Years
    • Seen today
    Pokemon fan here since 14 and now I'm 24, Enjoyment is for everyone and no one can stop me playing Pokemon.

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
  • How is 13 too old for pokemon? People still tell me I'm "too old" for it. Seriously, some of pokemon's lore is so deep it seems to be wasted on kids.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • Yeah, by my dad actually. I'm almost 24 now, been a fan since Re and Blue were released here in Europe.

He said that a few years ago. I said he should mind his own business, that it's my money and I can buy whatever the hell I want with it.

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
    Years
  • I keep my hobbies mainly private, but I have no shame in admitting that I play Pokemon and video games in general. They make me happy and I find them fun and that's all that matters. If someone minds that, then they aren't worth minding.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • I've been told lots in the past that I'm too old for Pokémon (or that I look too old for it), I for one never really cared about the "too old for ___ game" stuff. ='| I typically just give one-word responses like "okay." or I laugh, since I don't really know how to respond LOL. Not a question that pops up often anymore. I know someone who has their own family (they're in their thirties) and they still play Pokémon and are getting their kids into it, quite frankly I don't think there's a such thing as "too old" for Pokémon. Surely some people will disagree but if you enjoy playing it, what could be so bad. =P

Back