• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"You've reached the storage limit on your phone."

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    How much internal storage did your mobile device come with?
    My Nokia Lumia 525 came with 8 GB of internal storage. As for the Surface I also have, that has 32 GB.

Do/does your mobile device(s) support expandable storage?
    Both my Lumia 525 and the Surface allow expansion via microSD cards. Right now, both have 16 GB cards stuck into them.

Have you ever run up to the storage limit of your mobile device while attempting to download a new app?
    I just had that happen recently when I tried to try Asphalt 8 on my phone. Turns out games are really big, and sometimes they can unpack to a size significantly bigger than what it download size indicates!

What's your app storage usage, in detail?
    Total: 2.7 GB
    Apps: 2.1 GB
    App data: 621 MB

Detailed app breakdown follows.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • How much internal storage did your mobile device come with?
    My Sony Xperia M has 4GB internal storage.

Yep, it does. I have 16GB microSD in it.

Have you ever run up to the storage limit of your mobile device while attempting to download a new app?
    Nope. I don't download any huge apps

Roughly 850MB

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    How much internal storage did your mobile device come with?
    My Nokia lumia 620 has 8GB internal memory

yup,it had 8GB microSD

Nope. mostly because I dont have wi-fi......if I get wi-fi I will surely get that :p

1.5 MB

I only have 2.5 GB free

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • How much internal storage did your mobile device come with?
    My Samsung Y Duos Gives me an internal memory of 1GB.

Yes and I have a 8 Gb MicroSD card for more storage.

No, I mostly download games of 100 to 150 Kbs.

Less than 150 Mb.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    No, I mostly download games of 100 to 150 Kbs.

These games are tiny when it comes to smartphone games! What exactly were they?

(also updated my post with app storage breakdown)

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
  • My phone comea with overall half a gig or less of space for anything. . . .

Currently have a 4 gig card that is down to 500-600mbs roughly

Yea. Have to move them to sd card and/or unistal retarded phone updates.

If it downloaded all updates for the phone I would be left with 18mbs left for apps.

★Dark Soul Umbreon★

Totally not a furry
    Years
  • How much storage?

32gb when I first got it.

Does it support expandable storage?

Nope. Not at ALL. Can't even shove an SD card in xD

Have I ever ran out?

Nope. 32gb is a high capacity :D

How much storage free?

Approximately 12gb left (4 pages of apps, tons of songs, web browsing, blah blah blah)

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Speaking of expandable storage, I'm actually glad that I got the 16 GB microSDHC card while buying my Nokia Lumia 525, since that means the internal storage can be dedicated fully to apps, app data, and maps. No need to worry about media taking up residence in the tiny internal storage, and I don't have to reduce quality of anything synced to my phone.

Years
  • I have yet to break the storage limit on any of my mobile devices (including my iPod Touch 4G, Nexus 7 2013, and Lumia 520).. but I am probably afraid to reach that. I'd probably be better off getting some sort of Micro SD or Micro SDHC card for my phone, because I probably plan to take advantage of its high-quality camera.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My main phone came with 8 GB of storage space. It's not that much, but I'm still pretty satisfied with it. I don't save anything in my internal storage though (I put everything inside a micro-SD), so I've never hit the limit. :p

Years
  • That's happened quite a bit with my iPhone 5, it gets full thanks to me recording stupid videos that have no productive purpose whatsoever. Other than personal enjoyment. xP

It has like 28-32 GB, for that matter.

Years
  • I have a 16GB iPhone 5S and apparently it can only actually hold 12.9GB, bummer. Most of the capacity is taken up by my music library :P Never given much thought into putting stuff on to an external storage, to be honest, but if I ever do start running out of space, I could just remove songs I never listen to.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2014
    I have expandable but don't need it. I barely have anything on my damn phone

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • My phone has around 200 MB of internal storage, which is a colossal pain because it means I can have very few apps installed on it. Most of my apps won't move to SD card even though my phone is rooted and I've tried a lot of root-friendly software.

My data plan has unlimited 3G internet (don't use 4G) and I just stream all my music directly. Google Play's music cloud lets you upload your own music (up to 20000 songs) and stream them on your computer or phone. That's what I've been doing for the past year. Lag is extremely rare and I get good reception everywhere in southeastern Pennsylvania.

I have an 8GB SD card in my phone and it's almost completely full. I have a lot of ebooks and audiobooks installed on it. I also listen to my podcasts from my phone.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    My phone (Huawei Y300) has 4GB of built-in storage for apps and I have a 16GB sd card for music which is nearly all full up. I'm starting to think about moving to a 32 or even 64GB sd card.

Back