• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] Yu-Gi-Oh! Club

Years
  • Oh, welcome everyone! And thank you Shun for taking care of this thread.

Anyway, to add something to the discussion. I loved Photon and Galaxy archetypes during Zexal era. I always thought they have really cool gimmick in getting 2 2000 ATK monsters on the field and acted as anti-Xyz deck during that era. I still get a goosebumps just thinking about a monstrosity that was Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon. I remember those few weeks when it reigned the game. Do you guys remember it?

Also, new structure deck was released few days ago in TCG, that revolves around Ice Barrier. It contains good old Ice Barrier Synchros and new re-trained Trishula as well as new trap that's basically another Trishula. Wil you be getting this structure deck? I personally might, since I like Brionac and Trishula and the box itself has nice cover art. I was never fan of non-Syncro Ice Barrier card, but I don't own most of them, so at least now I can get them.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • Im not that interested in the structure deck myself, as the Ice Barriers never interested me apart from Trish, but since I mainly play XYZ-based decks that doesnt seem to do much for me either ^^"

On another note here are some images of my current Galaxy/Photon build... with unusable Dyson Sphere cause I forgot to get Photon Satellite or Cipher Dragon so I dont need Dyson Sphere as my 15th ED card

Spoiler:

I was smiling all morning when I saw these come in the mail today... my English version is a bit more optimized... sorta but not really lmao

Years
  • Im not that interested in the structure deck myself, as the Ice Barriers never interested me apart from Trish, but since I mainly play XYZ-based decks that doesnt seem to do much for me either ^^"

On another note here are some images of my current Galaxy/Photon build... with unusable Dyson Sphere cause I forgot to get Photon Satellite or Cipher Dragon so I dont need Dyson Sphere as my 15th ED card

Spoiler:

I was smiling all morning when I saw these come in the mail today... my English version is a bit more optimized... sorta but not really lmao

Hi there Janp how are you doing lately?

Wow really cool looking and impressive cards you got there Shun~! I can sense you're a proud collector and player. I hope to get some Japanese versions myself of Yu-Gi-Oh cards later since I always wanted the Pokémon Japanese versions as well. I've been saving up my money lately, still not quite sure what I have yet all in total but was definitely going get some cards myself of Yu-Gi-Oh and possibly Pokémon as well this weekend or next week. If I don't get any cards soon sometime eventually I'll get some cards. Sadly priorities over wants I'm afraid for being an adult for me.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • I get mine from a seller in Japan from Ebay, has a wide array of cards from different eras

best of all I did not have to pay import taxes when this order came in, but the quality is insane.

Even better are the combos that are possible. OTK, T1 disruption, wide range of XYZ monsters to choose from... just a shame the max ED size is 15 or I'd have filled it with more monsters.
    my favorite will always be the No.62 OTK with Afterglow, always hilarious when I pull it off

Years
  • Currently watching Yu-Gi-Oh the original, sorta cheesy to be real honest. I mean I do respect its the first that started it all but I like the ones after this story wise more. Apologies no dis respect to anyone who likes the original a lot just sharing my opinion on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • I... honestly never really got into the 1st series... It is when GX started where my interest really spiked.

That being said I am on a mad quest to build a Japanese Cyber Dragon deck... god knows why I haven't had one considering I have Galaxy-Eyes, Raidraptors and Rokkets, but no Cyber Dragons.

despite Cyber Dragons being one of my long time favorites... i cri

Years
  • I first got into Yu-Gi-Oh with 5Ds and then a little bit of GX so the 1st one is all new to me. I wish you luck building your Japanese Cyber Dragon deck~!

Years
  • I started with the original series, but it's probably my least favourite, especially its anime adaptation. I'm not a fan of all those filler arcs. But I love season 0, but I once again prefer its manga. I watched all the series except for VRAINS and SEVENS. I might watch VRAINS in a future, but I don't like Link Summoning, so I'm not sure if I can keep myself motivated to finish it. No interest in watching SEVENS.

My favourite is GX, then 5D's, Season 0, ARC-V, ZEXAL and DM. School settings are my guilty pleasure, but I also like how organically the plot and characters evolve thorughout the series. Second half of season 3 and whole season 4 are the top of YGO anime. Most characters (and plots) are believable enough, since it doesn't take in distant future.

5D's really stands strong on its first two seasons, characters and original ideas for duels. Characters are great and I love that they are put in situations you would expect someone else fro the cast. Like Jack is put in a duel alongside Rua and Ruka instead of Yusei, who had more interactions with them and would be more obvious pick. If that makes sense. I'm not sure how else to describe it. Also Yusei x Aki and Jack x Carly.

I enjoy Season 0's ideas for shadow games and how evil Atem (and everyone else) is. It's something different from the rest.

ARC-V is in my opinion basically 5D's version 2. It has broken duel system that gets a little bit boring by the end (with Yuya and everyone else finding miraculous Action Cards that saves them every episode), but the plot is interesting enough and it tries to break the usual YGO formula. It also has cool pairings.

ZEXAL is weird series. On one hand it tries to be another GX, but it has weak plot, underdeveloped characters, but kinda interesting mechanic and lore. It always felt like it can't decide if it wants to target small kids or grown-ups that grew up with previous series. But I love Yuma, Kaito, Astral and Shark and their decks. Sadly, the rest of the cast isn't that interesting.

While I put DM on the last place, I still think it's fine series. I mean, it's anime about cardgame, I don't have my expectations high. First season is iconic, but I hate watching it with all the bullshit Atem pulls there. Battle City is another good example of peak YGO anime. But then the series struggle a lot. It tries so hard to take Yugi's God Cards from him and it gets to ridiculous levels of stupidity. It's nice nostalgia trip, but I don't really see a reason to watch it again.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • For me it goes like this:

1. 5D's
    2. VRAINS
    3. GX
    4. ARC-V
    5. ZEXAL
    6. DM

Then again if I were to make a list of top 10 characters it would be all over the sodding place... though one theme would be consistent and thats DM on the bottom lmao.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • So, what do you say on new Cyberdark support?

tMyDD93.jpg

And new cards from Dawn of Majesty?

I uh... idk what to say... it's not that great?

needs equips to attack, sure it has Ultimate Falcon-like protection of not caring against effects and its even harder to get over this thing and its 5000 ATK, but it cannot be revived, and its costs are a bit... high.

Then again it's the best Cyberdark card out of the bunch, and we all know how bad Cyberdarks are B)

on other news: BANLIST is out giving the following changes:

PLEASE NOTE: The change to Firewall Dragon from Forbidden to Unlimited does not take effect until April 14th, 2021.
    The next update after this will be no earlier than July 1st, 2021.

Forbidden
    Union Carrier
    Number S0: Utopic ZEXAL
    True King of All Calamities

Limited
    Cyber Angel Benten

Unlimited
    Dragon Buster Destruction Sword
    Firewall Dragon (see notes)
    The Phantom Knights of Rusty Bardiche
    Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier
    Ignister Prominence, the Blasting Dracoslayer
    Rank-Up Magic Argent Chaos Force
    True King's Return

Years
  • I'm half way through of season 2 of Yu-Gi-Oh and still it's pretty cheesy for a show and it being the 1st one. However from watching it I'm actually learning about the cards they use and about how to play the game a bit. ( Since I don't know how to play Yu-Gi-Oh the card game, sadly ) Which is why I'm still watching it and have some laughs too still. I plan to get this structure deck to learn the Yu-Gi-Oh game more then somehow find cards online and build my own deck. If anyone has tips on building decks, having the right cards for a deck or certain cards I need in my deck to get please let me know. I'm basically a new to Yu-Gi-Oh still, even though I watched the television series growing up I don't know anything about the game.

The structure deck I'm getting to start my collection.
    SD39-DeckJP.png

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • I'm still not 100% sold on Cyberdark End Dragon, even if it may be Ultimate Falcon on steroids... but the cost of getting him out just irks me the most.

Sure there may be a way with the other cards introduced in that structure deck... but needing Cyber End AND Cyberdark/Cyberdarkness... gonna need some setup.

As for Leaf, with structure decks you usually get one copy of a card, so if you want to bolster your structure deck, it is usually recommended to get a 2nd and maybe even 3rd of the same product to boost consistency and thin out cards that are... not as useful as some others while upping the chance of getting the cards you want to see in your hand.

Years
  • I'm still not 100% sold on Cyberdark End Dragon, even if it may be Ultimate Falcon on steroids... but the cost of getting him out just irks me the most.

Sure there may be a way with the other cards introduced in that structure deck... but needing Cyber End AND Cyberdark/Cyberdarkness... gonna need some setup.

As for Leaf, with structure decks you usually get one copy of a card, so if you want to bolster your structure deck, it is usually recommended to get a 2nd and maybe even 3rd of the same product to boost consistency and thin out cards that are... not as useful as some others while upping the chance of getting the cards you want to see in your hand.

Thanks for the information about it, I appreciate. I'm not sure how to even start to build my deck in all honesty if I start collecting cards. This is still new to me and don't know where to start and still I don't know a lot about the game either. It frustrates me a lot and wish I knew how it all worked since I always wanted to play the game. However crappy people growing up in my high school days who were into the Yu-Gi-Oh scene treated me like trash and wouldn't teach me how to play either. All they wanted from me was my cards I used to own,be thier maid in some ways and ask me to get them girlfriends pretty much. It's a complicated story but more or less I was treated like a doormat by them even when I was nice to them.

So I never fit in with people that plays Yu-Gi-Oh sadly. As for online never found a group of people into it or would teach me to play as well. My life story is pretty sad to be honest, not a lot of good came from my life till the start of last year finding my therapist. It's going be a long journey of healing for me though I hope I could possibly make good friend or maybe more in time. Apologies for venting a bit. ( ^,.,^; )

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • Thanks for the information about it, I appreciate. I'm not sure how to even start to build my deck in all honesty if I start collecting cards. This is still new to me and don't know where to start and still I don't know a lot about the game either. It frustrates me a lot and wish I knew how it all worked since I always wanted to play the game. However crappy people growing up in my high school days who were into the Yu-Gi-Oh scene treated me like trash and wouldn't teach me how to play either. All they wanted from me was my cards I used to own,be thier maid in some ways and ask me to get them girlfriends pretty much. It's a complicated story but more or less I was treated like a doormat by them even when I was nice to them.

So I never fit in with people that plays Yu-Gi-Oh sadly. As for online never found a group of people into it or would teach me to play as well. My life story is pretty sad to be honest, not a lot of good came from my life till the start of last year finding my therapist. It's going be a long journey of healing for me though I hope I could possibly make good friend or maybe more in time. Apologies for venting a bit. ( ^,.,^; )

Building a deck can be quite difficult as opposed to just collecting the cards. Best way to go about it is as you do right now, pick up a prebuilt deck and learn from there on out.

Years
  • Building a deck can be quite difficult as opposed to just collecting the cards. Best way to go about it is as you do right now, pick up a prebuilt deck and learn from there on out.

Alright I'll look around Amazon some more, thank you.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • Just a month away till Ghosts From the Past releases here, any cards you would like to see printed in this set?

Only a couple have been revealed so far, including the errata'd Firewall Dragon.

Personally I want to see a reprint of Argent Chaos Force now that it is unlimited, would be a nice upgrade... and im 99% sure the new Galaxy-Eyes XYZ monster is in this set.

Years
  • Just a month away till Ghosts From the Past releases here, any cards you would like to see printed in this set?

Only a couple have been revealed so far, including the errata'd Firewall Dragon.

Personally I want to see a reprint of Argent Chaos Force now that it is unlimited, would be a nice upgrade... and im 99% sure the new Galaxy-Eyes XYZ monster is in this set.

I saw that for sale on Amazon where I live looked pretty cool and interesting.

Back