• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Z-Moves are here!

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
  • I'm getting really sick of people comparing Pokemon to Yokai Watch and Digimon. Yokai Watch pretty much ripped off Pokemon in the first place so they can't say anything about it. Either way they're all pretty similar games anyways of course they're gonna have similarities.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Digimon is not that similar tho. It first started with raising your own Digimon, then later moved to RPG style for Story and some World games to come back to Digimon Raising. The Raising has no levels tied to them tho.

Yokai Watch is maybe the only one that is borderline and also it's taking in popularity over Pokemon in Japan.

Years
  • I'm really up for this new feature "Z-Moves". I think that's huge change on the battle gameplay of Pokemon series. The only thing that I don't get is that...

why u gotta do a little dance thing before u do da thing lol

I just don't get that, honestly.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • Pikachu's Z-Move is probably the most adorable thing I've ever seen in my life, while Eevee's Z-Move is so cool, he calls up the squad and this singular move gives Eevee an insane boost, i really hope this means it gets some good use in Battles.

Years
  • I remember how I felt about when Z-Moves were first revealed and the possibility that it meant Megas are no longer a thing, but now I'm actually loving the Z-Moves due to all the awesome animations which is making me actually wanting to use them a lot in my future playthrough.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • You know, Eevee's Z-Move had me thinking. What if Ash-Greninja happens to be its Z-Move that changes its form? We now know that Z-Moves aren't always attacking moves; they can also be stat-boosting moves, so a form-changing move doesn't sound too farfetched at this point.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I also do believe it's far too late to announce something like Ash-Greninja right as X/Y is about to end; it would be impractical timing because Ash-Greninja has basically no ties with Alola at all.

Neither were Zygarde's forms, who were also once thought to be anime-exclusive like Ash-Greninja, before they were revealed to be in Sun and Moon (though their role to the story is currently unknown).

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Unless they do a reveal in October, I really can't see Ash-Greninja being a thing in Sun & Moon. Zygarde forms make sense, but Ash-Greninja seems more of a stretch to something that they would just throw in for some extra content.

On another note relating to Z-moves, I think Eevee wins the contest for best Z-move animation. Hurling Pikachu is a close second, but that animation with all the eeveelutions is just awesome!

Years
  • I really want to see the animations for all of the Z-moves and see what they're like. ^__^

Same with me. Those new Eevee and Pikachu Z-Moves have to be my faves of the ones we've seen so far, and that makes me imagine all the other epic animations we could get for certain Pokemon-specific Z-Moves.

Back