• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • The problem is that in trainer battles, theres still pokeball animations for the other team when they send out and return a 'party member'. That seems heavily difficult to edit, best to go with the flow I guess.
    Well if you look at Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Rescue Rangers, which is probably the oldest (and still great) nontraditional Pokemon hacks, I'm assuming all that needs to be done is the removal of the Pokeball. That way the team will slide onto the screen, slide off, and then the fighter will slide back in.

...But I've yet to try this myself, so I can't really vouch for ease.

Urist McHemlock

Jack Frost of the Jack Brothers
    Years
  • I'll be watching from the sidelines and following this until release. Best of luck Meowth.
    I imagine the bloody cuccos would be like Wobbuffet.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • I'll be watching from the sidelines and following this until release. Best of luck Meowth.
    I imagine the bloody cuccos would be like Wobbuffet.

I was initially going to have them as the Magikarp of the game... but I decided against it. They can be pretty brutal, so they're based on an un-evolving pidgey with some new moves and with base stats toned down just a little.

Also, the dungeons are going to be a little more difficult from here on in. Before, when you fell down a hole, you'd warp to the start of the room, as you would in the Gameboy games. But to make up for a lack of challenging puzzles, now every time you fall, you go to the start of the dungeon. Walk, random pokemon battle, and if you fall? Well, looks like you're grinding a little longer. :D

Urist McHemlock

Jack Frost of the Jack Brothers
    Years
  • I was initially going to have them as the Magikarp of the game... but I decided against it. They can be pretty brutal, so they're based on an un-evolving pidgey with some new moves and with base stats toned down just a little.

Also, the dungeons are going to be a little more difficult from here on in. Before, when you fell down a hole, you'd warp to the start of the room, as you would in the Gameboy games. But to make up for a lack of challenging puzzles, now every time you fall, you go to the start of the dungeon. Walk, random pokemon battle, and if you fall? Well, looks like you're grinding a little longer. :D
    Do you have plans for what ability the Cuccos would have? I was thinking about Huge Power or something like that. We all know what happens if you attack a Cucco in Zelda.

Danno

Years
  • Do you have plans for what ability the Cuccos would have? I was thinking about Huge Power or something like that. We all know what happens if you attack a Cucco in Zelda.

That could work. I hadn't yet changed it from Keen-eye.

Finished a first draft of the Oak replacement. May need to remove some colors, but yeah, here's Farore.

Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

She's not as happy as some may remember her... ;)

Last edited:

Dxys

Pkmn. Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    That could work. I hadn't yet changed it from Keen-eye.

Finished a first draft of the Oak replacement. May need to remove some colors, but yeah, here's Farore.

Why are all of my favorite threads being updated so frequently? Why are all the updates awesome? This is the best day of my life

Looking good as usual, Meowth. :P

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • That could work. I hadn't yet changed it from Keen-eye.

"Not as happy" She looks like she is about to rip my head off just for looking at her... I love it!
    Why are all of my favorite threads being updated so frequently? Why are all the updates awesome? This is the best day of my life

Looking good as usual, Meowth. :P
    I lol'd when I read the strike-through text. I'm loving these rapid updates!

Everyone, keep up the great work with all of your projects!

Danno

Years
  • Thanks guys. I guess I might be a little OCD so I had to fix it up more... facial expression, arm length, leg shape and the shape of both feet.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2016
    Thanks guys. I guess I might be a little OCD so I had to fix it up more... facial expression, arm length, leg shape and the shape of both feet.

it definitely looks better. little details that doesn't seem to make difference, but when they are present... {XD}

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • Thanks guys. I guess I might be a little OCD so I had to fix it up more... facial expression, arm length, leg shape and the shape of both feet.

it definitely looks better. little details that doesn't seem to make difference, but when they are present... {XD}
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

I hadn't even realized that she could have been improved, but now that I see it.. Much better~

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2014
    I was thinking that you could make link the starter and he evolves into the different cloaks. He could have moves like sword slash, fire arrow, ice arrow etc.

Danno

Years
  • I was thinking that you could make link the starter and he evolves into the different cloaks. He could have moves like sword slash, fire arrow, ice arrow etc.

Nope sorry, wouldn't make much sense for him to throw himself (literally) onto the battlefield. If there was a way to make it so you could have 5 Party Members and always have Link on your team and if he died everyone died, and he didn't use the animation for throwing himself on the field, maybe, but that seems much too complicated.

BTW Just finished adding the article for this game on the Pokemon Rom Hacking Wikia.

https://pokemonromhacking.wikia.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda_Echoes_of_Time

Anyone is welcome and encouraged to do the same!

Last edited:

Dxys

Pkmn. Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Nope sorry, wouldn't make much sense for him to throw himself (literally) onto the battlefield. If there was a way to make it so you could have 5 Party Members and always have Link on your team and if he died everyone died, and he didn't use the animation for throwing himself on the field, maybe, but that seems much too complicated.

BTW Just finished adding the article for this game on the Pokemon Rom Hacking Wikia.

https://pokemonromhacking.wikia.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda_Echoes_of_Time

Anyone is welcome and encouraged to do the same!

I'd like the monsters of the Zelda games to remain as the Pokemon as well. I just can't see a human coming out of a Pokeball.

Danno

Years
  • I'd like the monsters of the Zelda games to remain as the Pokemon as well. I just can't see a human coming out of a Pokeball.

Well they're not gonna be pokeballs, but there might still be some human monsters, like the Gerudo.

SirCharmander

SirCharmander
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2016
    Would it be possible to change the HP bar to hearts? I have no idea how you would do it. Just a thought :D

Years
  • I've wondered the same thing... No idea though

Seems quite possible, just change the hp bar aspect (just saying, not sure)
    ofc that if you did it this way the hearts wouldnt be cut in half everytime you lost health, so that may not be of your liking
    Dont quote me on this, 'cause I'm not entirely sure on how it works, but if you have to make an image for every instance /frame of the hp bar, it's pretty achievable
    Even the one with the half heart

Danno

Years
  • Seems quite possible, just change the hp bar aspect (just saying, not sure)
    ofc that if you did it this way the hearts wouldnt be cut in half everytime you lost health, so that may not be of your liking
    Dont quote me on this, 'cause I'm not entirely sure on how it works, but if you have to make an image for every instance /frame of the hp bar, it's pretty achievable
    Even the one with the half heart

Lol if it were possible that way I wouldn't mind if it was 1/10th of a heart :D

Here are a few updated screens.
    From the very start of the game, waking up from the Oak/Farore intro
    Chests now open and stay open, don't respawn after walking around either.
    Owl Statues for healing in the middle of a dungeon.

Dxys

Pkmn. Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Lol if it were possible that way I wouldn't mind if it was 1/10th of a heart :D

Here are a few updated screens.
    From the very start of the game, waking up from the Oak/Farore intro
    Chests now open and stay open, don't respawn after walking around either.
    Owl Statues for healing in the middle of a dungeon.

Will the player respawn at an owl once he's out of monsters, or will they respawn at a Fairy Fountain?

Why do I sound like some sort of college professor

Danno

Years
  • Will the player respawn at an owl once he's out of monsters, or will they respawn at a Fairy Fountain?

Why do I sound like some sort of college professor

Once I can get the sethealingplace script working with JPAN's engine (it's different than vanilla firered and I'm a noob at scripting) it'll be at the fairy fountain, unless I can find out a way to change it, since in vanilla FR the amount of healing places was limited but I think there are more options in JPAN's engine.

Though it'd still make sense to spawn at the fairy fountain I think

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back