• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I just remembered something. Seeing as the monsters aren't in a patch of grass, wouldn't that just allow Link to avoid them all without battle?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I just remembered something. Seeing as the monsters aren't in a patch of grass, wouldn't that just allow Link to avoid them all without battle?
    If that is the case, I don't see a problem with it.

After all, if you look at the Zelda games, there are only specific times where you need to kill monsters. Enemies out in the open or ones simply meant to be obstacles can be avoided with no loss to the player other than missing out on Rupees and other item drops.

Same applies to Pokemon, really. It's rare that you have to battle wild Pokemon- in fact, it happens less than it does in Zelda, really. Theoretically, save for Pokemon XY and ORAS/RSE, you can go through every Pokemon game without battling a single wild Pokemon (barring Legendaries).

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2015
    If that is the case, I don't see a problem with it.

After all, if you look at the Zelda games, there are only specific times where you need to kill monsters. Enemies out in the open or ones simply meant to be obstacles can be avoided with no loss to the player other than missing out on Rupees and other item drops.

Same applies to Pokemon, really. It's rare that you have to battle wild Pokemon- in fact, it happens less than it does in Zelda, really. Theoretically, save for Pokemon XY and ORAS/RSE, you can go through every Pokemon game without battling a single wild Pokemon (barring Legendaries).

Besides, where it concerns itself, the consequences of not battling the wild monsters of this game would be essentially the same as in any other Poke'mon game: if you don't battle, then you don't level up, which could be potentially disasterous in the long run. Just because you could avoid all wild battles, doesn't mean you should.

Frankly, I think this system actually supplements the current system of both franchises nicely. Optional wild encounters like in true Zelda fashion, but the side effects of Poke'mon and nearly all other RPGs.

It really just depends on how the player themselves wants to handle the matter.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Besides, where it concerns itself, the consequences of not battling the wild monsters of this game would be essentially the same as in any other Poke'mon game: if you don't battle, then you don't level up, which could be potentially disasterous in the long run. Just because you could avoid all wild battles, doesn't mean you should.
    In regards to other RPGs I'd say this is the case, but for Pokemon it's not really a problem because, apart from the difficulty being relatively low, trainers grant higher EXP yields and I'd imagine one could get along just fine only facing them and avoiding all random encounters.

But that's...not really relevant. My point is pretty much that, and this isn't so much in disagreement as it is a general statement (mostly towards the original comment three posts up), avoiding enemies will always have its cons, but its a choice. Zelda, Pokemon, or otherwise, having the choice to avoid enemies always comes down to whether you're confident that, should you avoid battle, you'll be fine, keeping in mind that you can get various rewards that may grant you access to other various rewards.

So whether you can avoid all enemies isn't really a problem, and having the ability to isn't either, because regardless, that choice of "whether or not" will decide many things. It's highly preferable to being forced to wade through enemy after enemy as that doesn't really present choice, and then the game just ends up feeling more like a tour than an adventure, you lose the power of freedom that gives the game its essence.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • If possible later in development, I'd like to make the encounters more like a trainer battle where if you walk a certain distance in front of the enemy they'll attack. For now at the very least it's a decent system. The first boss is level 15 and you'll have to grind a bit before facing him, but he's not a big issue. There will also be a miniboss before him in the same dungeon who will probably be level 10 or 11. As for gaining rupees, I've still not figured out what my course of action will be.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2016
    I'm looking forward to this very much! Truly original, and you've done some incredible stuff! Keep up the good work m8.

Danno

Years
  • I've been adding a lot of little things, fixing more palettes, doing more unimportant overworld sprites, etc etc... here's a little something to show, though.

Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

You'll be able to use these wherever you find one. Thanks Bela for writing me the script haha.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2023
    This rom hack looks amazing. I like that fact that instead of just using Pokemon graphics with minor tweaks your instead saying fuck that i'm make a Legend of Zelda with Pokemon using a Pokemon engine. To me this is what rom hacking should be something that so unique that i don't even feel like i'm playing a main series Pokemon game. Also do you know when your gonna release the alpha.

Last edited:

Danno

Years
  • This rom hack looks amazing. I like that fact that instead of just using Pokemon graphics with minor tweaks your instead saying psyduck that i'm make a Legend of Zelda with Pokemon using a Pokemon engine. To me this is what rom hacking should be something that so unique that i don't even feel like i'm playing a main series Pokemon game. Also do you know when your gonna release the alpha.

I don't know anymore when I'll have a release within sight as I'm working all the time lately... I also don't have wifi where I live at the moment and I'm dealing with an issue of my battery not charging while the computer is on...

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

My laptop's still having a weird charging issue so I haven't been putting in a lot of work lately, but here's something.

Hey, something is better than nothing, and patience is all I can have for every hack on this site.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Not bad on the tektite design, that's amazing work. And nice touch in using the red one as a shiny variant. I always found it odd the red and blue tektites in the games virtually had no other characteristics, same with other recolors such as the Wolfos VS White Wolfos among others.

Danno

Years
  • Not bad on the tektite design, that's amazing work. And nice touch in using the red one as a shiny variant. I always found it odd the red and blue tektites in the games virtually had no other characteristics, same with other recolors such as the Wolfos VS White Wolfos among others.

Thanks, sometimes they do have different characteristics though. For instance in the real games, the blue octorocs (land) require an extra attack or 2 with the sword to kill them... depending on how things go with this game I might incorporate something like that with alternate shinies for them too.

I also just completed the backsprite for the miniblins and their shinies, and have been working on some other little things in the dungeon.

EDIT: I also updated the first post with this.

Current creature sprites as of 9/8/15:
    Spoiler:

EDIT AGAIN:

Last edited:

Danno

Years
  • i just finished the Deku's 3rd form backsprite just in time for my laptop to die, i'll have it up tomorrow at some point. I really want this game to be able to progress better, so i may be asking for different types of assistance soon(possibly almost everything but spriting and mapping and music insertion). an easy job for a real Zelda and Pokemon fan that i have could be figuring out moves and stats... hell, just comment here if youre into it halfheartedly, what moves would you like to see any of the existing monsters have?

Danno

Years
  • Are we talking existing moves or will you be introducing new ones?
    Existing moves. i'm not intending on adding many if any new moves, though i may rename a few. im sure there will be moves that are never used, too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back