• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ZUD Plugin [Essentials v19.1]

Years
    • she/they
    • Seen Jan 13, 2024
    Hey hi,
    I'm aware that a part of this error should be fixed by recompiling the scripts, but having tried a number of times...

Short version: ZUD_PowerMoves.dat isn't being created.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey hi,
    I'm aware that a part of this error should be fixed by recompiling the scripts, but having tried a number of times...

Short version: ZUD_PowerMoves.dat isn't being created.

Spoiler:

I don't think you're actually compiling the game if you're getting this. Maybe you think you are, but you're not. It isn't really possible for this message to appear otherwise. Does the game console say *** Starting Full Compile *** while loading the game and holding CTRL?

Years
    • she/they
    • Seen Jan 13, 2024
    Yeah, it does say that, goes down the list, and refuses to output the dat file
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah, it does say that, goes down the list, and refuses to output the dat file
    Spoiler:

You didn't install the Plugin properly.
    The list should read "Compiling ZUD Compatibility data" after "Compiling Pokémon forms data"
    The fact that it doesn't say that means you didn't make the appropriate manual script edits found in the included Installation Guide.

Years
    • she/they
    • Seen Jan 13, 2024
    Thanks for the assistance, I thought I'd followed all the instructions properly but apparently hadn't made changes to the compiler script for some reason

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Can anyone help me, pls?

Idk how to help you with that one. I have no idea what you couldve messed up where the game doesnt recognize what dynamax adventures is. I dont have any advice other than "install the plugin correctly", "read the guides", and "recompile your game".

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Oct 23, 2022
    Error occured upon enemy battler (Bonsly) switching in while G-Max Steelsurge (the G-Max move of Copperajah) is in effect:

Spoiler:

I did some fiddling in regards to the shrinking text issue and found a "solution", at least for the situation where Intimidate/Primal Reversion/Air Balloon/Map-based Weather cause shrunken text:
    In "Battle_StartAndEnd" above the line "# The actual sending out of Pokémon", change:
    Code:
    pbDisplayBrief(msg) if msg.length>0
    to
    Code:
    pbDisplay(msg) if msg.length>0
    Now, this isn't a perfect solution, since this makes the battle "stall" while the message displays instead of having the usual brief message functionality that allows the Pokémon to be sent out at the same time the text displays, but hopefully this can point someone (possibly a future version of myself, however the present one is very tired and needs to sleep) to where the problem lies.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2021
    Hey guys, I was just testing the Dyna Adventure and it all worked fine.
    I rented the Pokemon, the Map showed, I chose a path and the battle began and this error occured:
    Spoiler:

[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
    [Generation 8 Project v1.1.0]
    [v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.2]

Exception: RuntimeError
    Message: Script error in event 10 (coords 16,13), map 23 (PALLET TOWN):
    Exception: NoMethodError

***Full script:
    pbDynAdventureState.pbStart(0)

Backtrace:
    [ZUD: Z-Moves/Ultra Burst/Dynamax] 03_Data_Species.rb:89:in `apply_metrics_to_sprite'
    [ZUD: Z-Moves/Ultra Burst/Dynamax] 03_Display_Sprites.rb:196:in `pbSetPosition'
    [ZUD: Z-Moves/Ultra Burst/Dynamax] 03_Display_Sprites.rb:182:in `setPokemonBitmap'
    [ZUD: Z-Moves/Ultra Burst/Dynamax] 03_Display_Sprites.rb:336:in `pbChangePokemon'
    200:Scene_Initialize:86:in `block in pbInitSprites'
    200:Scene_Initialize:84:in `each'
    200:Scene_Initialize:84:in `each_with_index'
    200:Scene_Initialize:84:in `pbInitSprites'
    207:PokeBattle_BugContest:8:in `pbInitSprites'
    200:Scene_Initialize:21:in `pbStartBattle'

Backtrace:
    034:Interpreter:189:in `rescue in execute_script'
    034:Interpreter:135:in `execute_script'
    035:Interpreter_Commands:1030:in `command_355'
    035:Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'
    034:Interpreter:127:in `block in update'
    034:Interpreter:87:in `loop'
    034:Interpreter:87:in `update'
    033:Scene_Map:157:in `block in update'
    033:Scene_Map:155:in `loop'
    033:Scene_Map:155:in `update'
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey guys, I was just testing the Dyna Adventure and it all worked fine.
    I rented the Pokemon, the Map showed, I chose a path and the battle began and this error occured:

What Pokemon did you initiate a battle with?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Error occured upon enemy battler (Bonsly) switching in while G-Max Steelsurge (the G-Max move of Copperajah) is in effect:

Spoiler:

I did some fiddling in regards to the shrinking text issue and found a "solution", at least for the situation where Intimidate/Primal Reversion/Air Balloon/Map-based Weather cause shrunken text:
    In "Battle_StartAndEnd" above the line "# The actual sending out of Pokémon", change:
    Code:
    pbDisplayBrief(msg) if msg.length>0
    to
    Code:
    pbDisplay(msg) if msg.length>0
    Now, this isn't a perfect solution, since this makes the battle "stall" while the message displays instead of having the usual brief message functionality that allows the Pokémon to be sent out at the same time the text displays, but hopefully this can point someone (possibly a future version of myself, however the present one is very tired and needs to sleep) to where the problem lies.

Thanks for reporting this. That's what I get for not testing Steelsurge and just assuming it would work the same way it did in v18 at a glance. It has been fixed now. The exact script that needs to be re-installed is found in ZUD Plugin Scripts/[004] Battle Mechanics/05_Battle_Effect Checks.

I'll definitely be looking into your findings with the shrinking text though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2021
    What Pokemon did you initiate a battle with?

Well I had tested it with different Pokemon. Like I said I rented the Pokemon because that's the only way it works (as far as I know xD) and I spammed the action button because I wanted to test it real quick. SO I cant exactly say which Pokemon that was. I can tell you this: The Pokemon were all from different gens, so not only "new" Pokemon like from the Gen 8 Project or something.

Edit: So I tested it again and here are some Pokemon I went into the adventure with and then the error occured:
    Alola Sandslash, Vespiqueen, Simisage, Nosepass, Rhydon and so on.
    You see, no matter what Pokemon it always happen. I have no idea why.

Edit Edit: I just compiled the game again and now it works perfectly fine. I had used the temporary fix because of the shrunken text but it seems not to work with the dyna adventure cause of the error in the script showed below. Well I have to live with it.
    But most important problem solved.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well I had tested it with different Pokemon. Like I said I rented the Pokemon because that's the only way it works (as far as I know xD) and I spammed the action button because I wanted to test it real quick. SO I cant exactly say which Pokemon that was. I can tell you this: The Pokemon were all from different gens, so not only "new" Pokemon like from the Gen 8 Project or something.

Edit: So I tested it again and here are some Pokemon I went into the adventure with and then the error occured:
    Alola Sandslash, Vespiqueen, Simisage, Nosepass, Rhydon and so on.
    You see, no matter what Pokemon it always happen. I have no idea why.

Edit Edit: I just compiled the game again and now it works perfectly fine. I had used the temporary fix because of the shrunken text but it seems not to work with the dyna adventure cause of the error in the script showed below. Well I have to live with it.
    But most important problem solved.

I see, so the temporary fix for the shrunken text causes Dynamax Adventures to break. Hmm. I guess it's not really worth implementing then, in that case. I'll remove it from the main post. The fix that GloopMaster presented is a more concrete fix for now.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    When I try to start a new game, it gives me an error saying that there is an undefined id error in nil nil class. The full script is pbMaxRaid(3, nil, [ ]). This has not happened until now. I changed the starting map but nothing helps. I deleted the max raid event and this still shows up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. if I continue game, everything works, but I cannot start a new game.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    When I try to start a new game, it gives me an error saying that there is an undefined id error in nil nil class. The full script is pbMaxRaid(3, nil, [ ]). This has not happened until now. I changed the starting map but nothing helps. I deleted the max raid event and this still shows up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. if I continue game, everything works, but I cannot start a new game.

I see. I'm not really sure why this bug happens exactly, but I was able to implement a work-around fix regardless. The Raid_Utilities and Raid_Dens scripts found in the [006] Max Raids folder have been updated to prevent this error.

I have now also updated the plugin version to v1.0.3 to account for this fix, as well as the G-Max Steelsurge bug.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    Teleport doesn't work when used in battle. When teleport is used, the game shows an error and does the move again basically making the game unplayable.

ChaosandCalamity

The Harbinger
    Years
    I have a little problem where the font is really really small, I'm sure it something I overlooked but is there a way to fix that?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I have a little problem where the font is really really small, I'm sure it something I overlooked but is there a way to fix that?

Check the "Known Issues" section of the main post.
    EDIT: Nvm, a fix for this bug has finally been found.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Update!
    I've finally figured out a fix to the shrunken battle text bug, and updated the plugin scripts with this change. The specific script file that needs to be updated to implement this is located in [001] Display > 03_Display_Sprites.

Back