• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ZUD Plugin [Essentials v19.1]

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Just as a general rule, I will always try to help if I can, but I will not help anyone who insults me, makes wild accusations about me, or makes entitled demands of my time. I am not anybody's personal 24/7 tech support, and if youre prone to have emotional outbursts due to impatience, then please refrain from contacting me.

This is just a general statement im making for everyone going forward. One that seems obvious and unnecessary to make, but apparently it needs to be said.

Years
    • any
    • Seen May 6, 2022
    Hello, I'm getting an error within the actual plugin part of the plugin, which is wired since I did not touch any of the files within it. I've tired deleting the files, redownloading them, and putting them back into my root folder, but the problem presists.
    Here's the error
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hello, I'm getting an error within the actual plugin part of the plugin, which is wired since I did not touch any of the files within it. I've tired deleting the files, redownloading them, and putting them back into my root folder, but the problem presists.
    Here's the error
    Spoiler:

I don't really know why your methods are being read all in lower case like that, it seems to be something related to the Plugin Manager though. Try deleting the PluginScripts data file and re-compiling, idk. Also it might be worth noting that your Gen 8 Project is out of date, and should be updated. It's possible that might be related since the Gen 8 Project may have edited the plugin manager in some way, though I doubt it. Your Hotfixes are also extremely out of date, so that might be worth looking into as well.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Development Update
    With the release of v20, im considering this version of the ZUD Plugin obsolete, and will no longer be supporting it. I will leave the download link for those who wish to still use it, as was done for the v18.1 plugin. However, I will not be providing any help or assistance with v19.1 issues or questions, as my focus is now on v20. I will be providing a link to the new plugin within the following weeks, once its released. Please refrain from asking for a time frame, itll come out when its done.

There's lots of improvements and QoL changes in the works, so look forward to the best iteration of this plugin yet! :)

curryofthepast

Were they a fool, a sage or a lonely friend?
    Years
  • If code refactoring is happening, I'll lean on my first requests and comments in this thread. That is, making it even easier for people to locate where they should define G-max form exceptions (like Alcremie is right now) and streamlining the process of adding new D-max/G-max moves (new types!). It already works so just adding more comments in the code would be a boon in this department.

Keep up the good work Lucidi, looking forward to v20 and whatever you've been cooking up for us.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If code refactoring is happening, I'll lean on my first requests and comments in this thread. That is, making it even easier for people to locate where they should define G-max form exceptions (like Alcremie is right now) and streamlining the process of adding new D-max/G-max moves (new types!). It already works so just adding more comments in the code would be a boon in this department.

Keep up the good work Lucidi, looking forward to v20 and whatever you've been cooking up for us.

I'm redesigning the PowerMoves PBS file to match v20's new formatting for many of its PBS files (items, moves, abilities, etc). You can now simply set a flag to set Power Move exceptions when it comes to forms. For example, with Pokemon like Alcremie, Lycanroc, and Toxtricity, there is now simply a flag called "AllForms" that is set to indicate that every form of this species is capable of triggering Gigantamax or an exclusive Z-Move, like so:
    Code:
    #-------------------------------
    [GMAX]
    MaxMove = GMAXFINALE
    Type    = FAIRY
    Species = ALCREMIE
    Flag    = AllForms
    GMax    = Gigantamax Alcremie
    Height  = 30.0
    Pokedex = It launches swarms of missiles, each made of cream and loaded with 100,000 kilocalories. Get hit by one of these, and your head will swim.
    This makes it so that any form of Alcremie is compatible and can trigger this Gigantamax form. If this flag was omitted, then only base Alcremie could trigger it.

Or, if you only want a Power Move to be eligible on some forms of a species, but not all, then you can use different flags called "AllFormsAbove_" or "AllFormsBelow_", as shown in this Z-Move example for Pikachu:
    Code:
    [ZMOVE]
    ZMove   = TENMILLIONVOLTTUNDERBOLT
    Item    = PIKASHUNIUMZ
    Move    = THUNDERBOLT
    Species = PIKACHU
    Flag    = AllFormsAbove_8
    This makes it so that Pikachu is compatible and can trigger this Z-Move, but only if its form is higher than 8 (capped Pikachu forms). You can do a similar thing with the flag "AllFormsBelow_" which will obviously only allow forms below the inputted number to be compatible.

Or, you can instead just list all the eligible species ID's that can use this specific Power Move, as shown in these Z-Move examples:
    Code:
    [ZMOVE]
    ZMove   = GUARDIANOFALOLA
    Item    = TAPUNIUMZ
    Move    = NATURESMADNESS
    Species = TAPUKOKO,TAPULELE,TAPUBULU,TAPUFINI
    [ZMOVE]
    ZMove   = SEARINGSUNRAZESMASH
    Item    = SOLGANIUMZ
    Move    = SUNSTEELSTRIKE
    Species = SOLGALEO,NECROZMA_1
    [ZMOVE]
    ZMove   = MENACINGMOONRAZEMAELSTROM
    Item    = LUNALIUMZ
    Move    = MOONGEISTBEAM
    Species = LUNALA,NECROZMA_2

As far as streamlining, that is definitely a goal I have in mind. I'm trying to generalize as much of the move effects as possible so that custom moves require very simple coding to implement (assuming their effects aren't extremely complex). I intend to provide some of my own custom moves as an example. Here's a few:
    Code:
    #===============================================================================
    # Starts rain weather and electric terrain. (G-Max Thunderstorm)
    #===============================================================================
    class Battle::Move::PowerMoveStartRainWeatherElectricTerrain < Battle::Move::PowerMoveFieldEffects
      def initialize(battle, power_move)
        super
        @weather = :Rain
        @terrain = :Electric
      end
    end

# Starts Trick Room. (G-Max Inversion)
    class Battle::Move::PowerMoveStartTrickRoom < Battle::Move::PowerMoveFieldEffects
      def initialize(battle, power_move)
        super
        @field = [ 
          [PBEffects::TrickRoom, 3, "{1} twisted the dimensions!"]
        ]
      end
    end

As you can see, these are super simple to set up. I'm trying to accommodate the types of effects that I feel would be common for people to want to create a custom move for. Streamlining is my number one goal in general for v20, in every capacity. Ideally, I would like to eliminate the need for ALL of the manual script edits, manual PBS additions, forced compiling, branching instructions for compatibility...all of it. Just 100% drag-and-drop. I think I'm getting there, but I'm also juggling this with like 5 other plugins im working on simultaneously, so it's a gradual process.

Anyway, hopefully some of this will address your concerns. But keep in mind that this is all still a work in progress and subject to change.

Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I'm back. And I have proof of me compiling.

Attachments

• ZUD Plugin [Essentials v19.1]
      2022-05-26.png
      131.7 KB · Views: 10

curryofthepast

Were they a fool, a sage or a lonely friend?
    Years
  • Is/will there be a check for Battle Bond? Seems necessary imo. v20 doesn't come with the form or sprite by default iirc... But that's easily solved by adding the gen 8 project graphics and PBS. Otherwise, all the logic minus the transformation animation is already in core v20. With the tiny bit of extra resources added in my tests Ash-Greninja literally justworked. Shouldn't even be hard to make it a conditional trigger if the end-user isn't including it in their game. I could see fan-game authors making more use of that mechanic alongside Dmax. I probably would, if it wasn't a balancing and spriting nightmare.

The v20 pbs format is very comfy and so is your work on ZUD looking so far. Modifying those files should be very easy even for laymen.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Is/will there be a check for Battle Bond? Seems necessary imo. v20 doesn't come with the form or sprite by default iirc... But that's easily solved by adding the gen 8 project graphics and PBS. Otherwise, all the logic minus the transformation animation is already in core v20. With the tiny bit of extra resources added in my tests Ash-Greninja literally justworked. Shouldn't even be hard to make it a conditional trigger if the end-user isn't including it in their game. I could see fan-game authors making more use of that mechanic alongside Dmax. I probably would, if it wasn't a balancing and spriting nightmare.

The v20 pbs format is very comfy and so is your work on ZUD looking so far. Modifying those files should be very easy even for laymen.

Battle Bond Greninja is already banned from appearing in Max Raids in the current plugin. However, I haven't placed any restrictions on Dynamaxing for the player unless its a species that is canonically unable to Dynamax (Zacian, Zamazenta), or a form of a species that conflicts with Dynamax (Megas, Primals, Ultra Necrozma). Battle Bond Greninja never appeared in SwSh, so there's no precedent for whether it's able to use Dynamax or not, so I didn't place any restrictions.

And considering Zygarde Complete can still use Dynamax (which is functionally similar to Battle Bond), I have to assume Battle Bond Greninja would be capable of Dynamaxing if it was able to be used in SwSh.

However, the next iteration of the plugin has dev features that allow you to manually tag individual Pokemon, or entire species from being eligible to Dynamax. So this functionality can be used to restrict Battle Bond Greninja.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    Hello! Ripped off some graphics from Rejuvenation (as they are public use) for this public use. They can be found below.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, all. If anyone is interested in the next update for this plugin for v20.1, I wanted to share the total changelog (so far) that I've kept track of. Keep in mind that this is all subject to change. If anyone has any suggestions, or major bugs/issues that I haven't addressed, let me know. I'm chipping away at finishing this hopefully soon, so I'd like to get everything done before I even start thinking about a release.

When it's done, I intend to abandon this thread and make a new one for v20.1, just as I did for the previous versions.

Changelog for Essentials v20.1 (Work in Progress):
    Spoiler:

Things that are still on my to-do list (mostly tedious stuff):
    • Tweak Dynamax metrics for all species.
    • Test and tweak the species positions during the new Z-Move/Dynamax animations.
    • Tighten up how the new Max Raid Den events work.
    • Polish up and tweak all of the Dynamax Adventure scripts from top to bottom.
    • Design a new Max Lair map to demonstrate the new Dark Lair mode in Dynamax Adventures.
    • Add more effects to the Cheer command.
    • Animation for using the Cheer command. (Maybe)
    • Animation for Raid Shields, both losing and gaining. (Maybe)
    • Animation for Raid Wave Attacks. (Maybe)
    • Tons and tons of bug testing.
    • Test compatibility with other popular v20.1 plugins (suggestions welcome, idk what people use).
    • Type up all of the documentation for the new ZUD thread.

Back